1 &hellip 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 1217

#106January 15th, 2010 · 06:03 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yeah swordy we got pretty much the music down...fais just needs to submit it to tunecore and when you do submit stuff to tuencore you need your album cover ready so I figure we should start working on all of this around the same time
#107January 15th, 2010 · 06:06 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
OK hold on just a moment. First off your cover isnt showing up (it shows up as a broken jpg) and when I try to go to the site you have the cover hosted on it sas HTTP 404 Page not found.

Secondly lets have a deadline to decide on a cover etc so this whole thing doesnt take months.
#108January 15th, 2010 · 06:11 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TheKunadiun wrote…
OK hold on just a moment. First off your cover isnt showing up (it shows up as a broken jpg) and when I try to go to the site you have the cover hosted on it sas HTTP 404 Page not found.

Secondly when did we even decide on an album cover????

1. Idk, I'm using tinypic..that's weird.
2. We haven't, and never said we did. I deleted the post as to not cause an uproar. But, I have to explain  the sooner we all just agree on whats going to be what the better. Not because I'm eager/impatient...but as indie artists when submitting things to iTunes/Amazon MP3 it takes a considerably long amount of time for things to go through. I'm sure you already know this. The site isn't that active currently and everyone ideas are welcome - but interest will wan and spending days on things that can be decided on in a few hours ins't a good thing. I want a good album, but that's how things work unfortunately - and we don't have the luxury of spending crazy amounts of time deciding things. I'm not 'rushing into thing'..I know what I'm doing, trust me.

Look at it this way - if we submit everything today (I'm not saying I will), the album wont be available until maybe mid-April. So keep that in mind. I agree we need a 'deadline' because I'd hate to see this thing deteriorate when we're so close.

Ugh, this is sucky and sort of a downer, and sorry to get all 'serious', this is still a fun thing lol
But, just wanted to clear things up so I wont be looked at as a 'rusher'.
#109January 15th, 2010 · 06:56 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Been envisioning the cover ...... The K's picture and 'HTML 404 Page Not Found' across it......very thought provoking.... if you think about it ! lol
Two unrelated subjects, a missing web page and 'dudes in the night'.

@ The K : I like the picture even more, it's not clear (to me) that it's a couple of kids in the snow, though the movement of the original gives so much to the resulting art work.
If I look at it for too long I start seeing the guy on the left as the flying body of the guy on the right, who is in a position of jumping up..... in that you've caught the same guy about to jump and in the air in one still......
................god this home grown's good..... 
#110January 15th, 2010 · 07:00 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I like TKs photo too. These are somethings I thought of...

#111January 15th, 2010 · 07:15 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
kings wrote…
Been envisioning the cover ...... The K's picture and 'HTML 404 Page Not Found' across it......very thought provoking.... if you think about it ! lol

@ The K : I like the picture even more, it's not clear (to me) that it's a couple of kids in the snow, though the movement of the original gives so much to the resulting art work.
If I look at it for too long I start seeing the guy on the left as the flying body of the guy on the right, who is in a position of jumping up..... in that you've caught the same guy about to jump and in the air in one still......
................god this home grown's good.....  :razz:

#112January 15th, 2010 · 07:41 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I think instead of TheAMP at the bottom there, have bandamps logo...otherwise Im all for it!
ace job!

if you guys want to use the one that fais edited in the words then lets do that, if not he can change it to the logo with bandamp or whatever.

how do you like the one with words in it kings?
#113January 15th, 2010 · 07:42 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
kings wrote…

................god this home grown's good.....  :razz:

Thanks man! woah i totally see what your saying about the pictures! thanks for enjoying it!

also we could use the Original Original photo with just the snow, or we could use my edited one, or we could use the one fais edited
#114January 15th, 2010 · 07:51 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
whoa I just noticed the clouds and stuff fais put in the picture. what exactly did you do? merge the two pics? lol
looks neat. what do you think kings

also I noticed that kings said "HTML 404 page not found" and thats what you wrote in the picture but usually its "HTTP"...i dont care either way but its an HTTP error not an HTML error lol
#115January 15th, 2010 · 09:34 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Everything looks great, but my mom, Laurel McBrine gets photo cred - she took that photo 4 years ago of me and my brother.

Check out some of her portrait work at http://laurelmcbrine.blogspot.com/ and read her other blogs at http://creativelifeskills.blogspot.com/.
#116January 15th, 2010 · 11:06 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yes she took it and then you gave it to me and i edited it. as long as everyone gets their due credit on the final work it should be good
#117January 15th, 2010 · 11:21 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TheKunadiun wrote…
whoa I just noticed the clouds and stuff fais put in the picture. what exactly did you do? merge the two pics? lol
looks neat. what do you think kings

also I noticed that kings said "HTML 404 page not found" and thats what you wrote in the picture but usually its "HTTP"...i dont care either way but its an HTTP error not an HTML error lol

Some things...
What exactly is the 'HTTP..' part supposed to be? Is that the title we want? It doesn't really sound like the title of a compilation album to me. If we use 'TheAMP' I can take the logo from the black/white/purple cover that I did, and use that instead, and also include the site logo. I really like the photograph which is why I want to use it, but I'm not to sure about the 'HTTP.' business. Maybe we use your picture and my title? I don't know...something to think about.
#118January 15th, 2010 · 11:23 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
thebigguyconnor wrote…
Everything looks great, but my mom, Laurel McBrine gets photo cred - she took that photo 4 years ago of me and my brother.

Check out some of her portrait work at http://laurelmcbrine.blogspot.com/ and read her other blogs at http://creativelifeskills.blogspot.com/.

I'm not trying to take credit for the photo, but if you want to give us permission to use it, then cool. 
#119January 16th, 2010 · 01:58 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
he just wants to make sure his mom gets credit for taking the original picture is all. (hes my cousin.)

The HTTP part was a high fangled idea that me and kings came up with to kind of create confusion amongst general people lol.

we dont have to use it if you dont want to. its like a "concept" because no one knows about BandAMP and its been missing and its completely user run and so we thought HTTP 404 Page Not Found could work...if you think about it lol. we dont have to use it though.
The AMP Volume 1 works, but we don't nessecarily have to think of this album as a compolation album. The songs that have been selected kind of tie intogether, but each track was made by a different person, all from the community of bandamp. it could really very well be a concept album, or at least not regarded as a compolation album.
also we (the bandamp community) could try to do an album from different artists on the amp like once every year or 6 months or something.

my point is, is that does this need to really be looked at as a compolation album? an album that has a bunch of random songs from different people from this site? i think it could very well be more

with that in mind that could help us find a name
#120January 16th, 2010 · 06:02 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
WOW! You guys have been busy!
OK from the top.....b+w circles and purple The Amp......cool but a bit plain. Blue clouds ... very plain.....Sweating metal and sprayed text......very cool indeed.
But I like The Ks creation more and more.....with clouds.
I agree the 'The Amp' in the corner could be the site logo its self. And what about 'layering' a picture of an actual page (or make your own) with HTTP etc on it, I just find the system font text a little plain and if it was part of an actual page heading it would convey the right 'idea' more directly.

As I said I like it more and more....I'm now seeing the 'rebelliousness' and the 'independence' in it, and the duality in it. The concept that it is says so much......The guys them selves are the 'HTTP files not found' as the go into the night OR the idea of them going against the 'internet' and modern technology, as all they get is HTTP File Not Found / Access denied kind of reaction from it all so they turn away and head back into the waist-lands.

As you can see I really like the cover and it's idea 

**Yes your right it's HTTP not HTML ..... ma bad!
1 &hellip 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 1217

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 1:49 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.