1 &hellip 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 1417

#136January 16th, 2010 · 05:13 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yeah thats exactly how id describe the purple one LOL. yeah i like the posts in 111 and 127 as well. http file not found is a cool idea to me too but we might be the only two people in the world whod enjoy it or get it lol. i want to avoid a massive civil war that could develop here at bandamp so im gonna let this go. LOL
lol bandamp the 404 files. heck yes.
anyways its fais's project and i think hes running with it and so alls good.

Heres my only condition that i want to CLEARLY state because this is my picture, I want to request to have credit shown in the following way:

Original Photo by Laurel McBrine, Edited by Craig McBrine. (Also edited by Fais if you use the version that you edited the color a bit fais)

If you cant express the proper credit somehow then let me know and maybe we should use a different picture.
#137January 16th, 2010 · 06:14 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Honestly, I'm not down with the idea with having ''Original Photo by Laurel McBrine, Edited by Craig McBrine" on the cover (seeing as that would be the only proper way of crediting it). In my opinion, I don't see the big problem - it's just a photo, and nobody is getting paid from it or trying to take credit for it. If you're giving us permission  to use it, then cool, if not, then there's other covers/pictures that I can use.  Not trying to sound like a d-bag, but  - but thats my only condition. Think about it.
#138January 16th, 2010 · 06:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
i see your point and everything and i wouldnt want the credit on the cover istelf, i just thought that in tunecore there was some way to list credit and stuff for the artwork and/or songs.

i was a little cranky earlier so i was like rushing into all this garbage and going insane. (i.e. ITS ALL MINE!! AHAHAHAHHAAH) lol

so i dont care i am giving  permission for you to use the photo

(laurels my aunt just in case anyones wondering)
#139January 16th, 2010 · 11:51 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TheKunadiun wrote…
i see your point and everything and i wouldnt want the credit on the cover istelf, i just thought that in tunecore there was some way to list credit and stuff for the artwork and/or songs.

i was a little cranky earlier so i was like rushing into all this garbage and going insane. (i.e. ITS ALL MINE!! AHAHAHAHHAAH) lol

so i dont care i am giving  permission for you to use the photo

(laurels my aunt just in case anyones wondering)

No problem. I have NO problem at all giving credit where its due, but in this sort of situation, putting it on the cover would be the only way to do it. I'm glad we can use it.
#140January 17th, 2010 · 05:32 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
How do we get this thread on the home page anyone, hence I've been missing out, I guess many others too??

Cheers
#141January 17th, 2010 · 10:00 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I think Triton can do it. I talked to him about the whole thing, and he seems interested - so I guess if he has time he'll do it.
#142January 17th, 2010 · 10:48 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
fais54 wrote…
I think Triton can do it. I talked to him about the whole thing, and he seems interested - so I guess if he has time he'll do it.

EXCELLENT!!

Well Fais you seem to be in control of everything, keep it-up, I've got nothing to add, if you you are having problems, let me know.

BTW, I received an email form Songcast who are offering free uploads to iTunes etc, all you have to do is become a fan, sounds too easy.  Well I've become a fan via Facebook, just waiting for Songcast to get back to me on how to proceed, I'll let you know how I get on.
#143January 17th, 2010 · 11:20 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Thanks Denis.

The AMP: Volume 1

1.  Sake - Denis
2.  Rains - toastedgoat
3.  On my Own - randomdave
4.  The Storm - melodrama
5.  Burn - takaminerbb13
6.  Love Me Now - fais54
7.  Can't Complain - Petermoncrieff
8.  Whisper in the Night - SkunkApe
9.  Utopia - Marino
10. Wind in my Sails - vincentL
11. The Sun is Shining - Denis
12. All the Things - fais54
13. I'll Be All - Chill
14. Saturday Six - vincentL
15. Mirror on the Wall - melodrama

Thanks to TheKunadiun for his photo. Thank you to everyone involved, and to everyone that offered their help!
#144January 17th, 2010 · 12:24 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
rock on fais looks great!
#145January 17th, 2010 · 12:32 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TheKunadiun wrote…
rock on fais looks great!

...with bonus track 'BTG'.

jk.
#146January 17th, 2010 · 02:49 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Now all that needs to be done is download the tracks and convert them all.

Oh dear. 
#147January 17th, 2010 · 02:50 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Oh, I'm out... And yet there are artist that have 2 songs on it, some of them I never even heard of!
Not that I care much, but I'm making a point.
Thought it was going to be all-times best of BandAMP.
I can't see EducatedGuess or JBP or more of Taka's work. Did they have copyright issues or you considered they shouldn't go here?
Feel pretty disappointed of this. It started really well, but took a path I wasn't expecting.

> Iszil
#148January 17th, 2010 · 02:56 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Iszil wrote…
Oh, I'm out... And yet there are artist that have 2 songs on it, some of them I never even heard of!
I can't see EducatedGuess or JBP or more of Taka's work. Did they have copyright issues or you considered they shouldn't go here?
Feel pretty disappointed of this. It started really well, but took a path I wasn't expecting.

> Iszil

Some people didnt want their songs on, and some did, so I had to switch things around, I guess you got cut out in the process.  I guess you can go on track 6. I dont want to exceed 15 tracks. Or if you dont care I can leave it. Let me know ASAP.
#149January 17th, 2010 · 03:01 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
fais54 wrote…
Iszil wrote…

> Iszil

Oops, that was a screw up. Some people didnt want their songs on, and some did, so I had to switch things around, I guess you got cut out in the process. I'll fix it. Sorry. I guess you can go on track 6. I dont want to exceed 15 tracks.

It's not me who I really care.
Could you talk to JBP, EG or Taka? I honeslty prefer to take a year doing this but doing it properly than just rush it.

> Iszil
#150January 17th, 2010 · 03:04 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Iszil wrote…
fais54 wrote…
Iszil wrote…

> Iszil

Oops, that was a screw up. Some people didnt want their songs on, and some did, so I had to switch things around, I guess you got cut out in the process. I'll fix it. Sorry. I guess you can go on track 6. I dont want to exceed 15 tracks.

It's not me who I really care.
Could you talk to JBP, EG or Taka? I honeslty prefer to take a year doing this but doing it properly than just rush it.

> Iszil

Take a year? In the current climate of this site? You're kidding right.  I went at a perfect speed, and didnt rush anything. I tried to get everybody to work together, and share their ideas to come up with what it is now. Also consider the 'behind the scenes' work that had to be done. Maybe you should take a quick skim through the thread before you make those sort of assumptions. Thanks. 
1 &hellip 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 1417

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:31 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.