1 &hellip 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 1517

#151January 17th, 2010 · 03:33 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Don't take it so literally. I just want to make sure that we have the real best of the AMP here.
I ask again, could you talk to JBP, EducatedGuess or Takaminerbb13?

> Iszil
#152January 17th, 2010 · 03:57 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Iszil wrote…
Don't take it so literally. I just want to make sure that we have the real best of the AMP here.
I ask again, could you talk to JBP, EducatedGuess or Takaminerbb13?

> Iszil

"I just want to make sure that we have the real best of the AMP here."

That's sort of a slap in the face to the artists that are involved though, isn't it? According to you, people like Denis and Marino suck. Tastes vary..and I feel all he tracks involved are up to par. I have contacted those people (who apparently abandoned the site all together  ) and Taka gave me permisison to us one of his songs. That's it. Sorry lol.
#153January 17th, 2010 · 04:09 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Sorry If I'm coming off as a bit defensive, but I did a considerably large amount of time trying to make this something that everyone can enjoy, but I know at the same time that I can't please everybody.
#154January 17th, 2010 · 04:15 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Did I ever said that all that was now on it was bad?
I'll make it clear for you: there are some great artists that are not included here. Artists that have a story here on the community, people that were hits in their times. Probably you don't understand that because you were not here when that happened, but I'm pretty sure that older members will understand what I mean.
And not because a member wants to participate here you have to add his song to the tracklist. What should be done is to make a huge list of the songs that should/want to be on the compilation and then vote for the top 15.
Anyways, if this goes on as I see it going then I won't participate. Don't bother to put me in.
Thank you.

> Iszil

PS: How could I forget about the Blakhatz or TessCrazy or DaveUK. I'll come up with more as I remember. We have a Hall of Fame for something... could be a good reference.
#155January 17th, 2010 · 04:29 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Lulz. I guess you cant fully grasp the concept that we cant just pick and choose any song we want and put it on sale. Which is why I asked the community, the people that are actually still here and active to volunteer and be apart of this. If these "greats" that you mentioned didn't high tail it out of here, then we could include them. There are people that are really happy to be on it, and really wanted to be on it, and whose music is just as good - and there's people who like the list just as it is .  As I've said before, at this stage of everything, you weren't included in the first place so your 'Don't put me in' is uneeded lol. Thanks for your feedback! 

You have a knack of derailing threads, so lets end this discussion here, and agree to disagree.
#156January 17th, 2010 · 04:43 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Thought I was included in the first place... bah! Probably I misread the updates.
Well, just go for it. I know some people support this so I guess it's fine. I simply don't agree.

> Iszil

PS: BTW, I don't derail threads; I just say what I think and that makes people start derailing.
#157January 17th, 2010 · 04:44 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Iszil wrote…
Thought I was included in the first place... bah! Probably I misread the updates.
Well, just go for it. I know some people support this so I guess it's fine. I simply don't agree.

> Iszil

PS: BTW, I don't derail threads; I just say what I think and that makes people start derailing.

lol
Oh dear 
#158January 17th, 2010 · 05:02 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
COMPILATION ALBUM
Just want to offer a heart felt THANK YOU to Fais54 and everyone else behind the scenes for all your time well spent putting this all together. A good mix of songs that will hopefully do well. I know there has been some alternative views and some upset members but you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs!  It will all work out so Keep the faith!!! 

To any artists that is upset because they did not get a song on the album or heard a song last year that they think should be on the album, you should know there is limited space and permission must be granted so...  and if you're not logged onto the site for months at a time then you'll just have to miss out on the opportunity this time around. I'm sure Volume 2 can and will follow before long and if you've got a worthy song you want included then submit the suggestion. I personally can't see waiting around for months for someone who posted a worthy song sometime last year to catch up and get on board with this album. That kind of practice will only result in getting nothing accomplished. Lets get this done and make room for Volume 2.

Ive heard some really good songs on BandAmp in the short time since I discovered it and became a member.  Some of them are so good they make me wonder why they are posted here at all and not riding up the charts and making millions in sales.  This compilation album - Volume 1 and those to follow could open doors in the music industry for anyone involved.  The right song in the right ear could change a life.  At the very least it gives us an avenue to get our songs heard and appreciated which is essentially why we all do this. A compilation album creates exposure for the individual artist and the BandAmp site as a whole, eventually giving us all more of an opportunity to improve and succeed as performers, songwriters, sound engineers and musicians.  ROCK ON BANDAMP!!!
#159January 17th, 2010 · 05:48 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
iz does have a tendancy to derail threads ive noticed...lol or whatever youd like to call it.

I reall really like the points you bring out here SkunkApe, i couldnt have explained it better myself.
For those of you who didn't realize, there will be a volume 2, and very soon I am hoping...

The title isn't The Best of BandAMP...the title is The AMP, Volume 1 featuring good tracks from good artists...there are more to come.

thank you fais for all of your work on this.
#160January 17th, 2010 · 06:03 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Thought the "compilation" part was about getting the best.
Hmmm... my bad.
And I haven't derailed anything; we still talking about the topic the thread was made for.

> Iszil
#161January 17th, 2010 · 06:10 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
HTTP 404 Files Not Found. 
#162January 17th, 2010 · 06:34 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Taste
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .........

Get it out with OPTREX .........

haha
#163January 17th, 2010 · 06:54 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
@Iz there is something to be said about a Vol 1 which includes a few really good examples of bandAmps 'best' and a few of the 'not so best', which is actually just what bandAmp is about, the diversity of the COMMUNITYS members and talent.
And if this Vol 1 thing takes off at all, fais "our man in the hot seat" can turn around and feel smug about him self and start inviting the next lot of members to his venture.

I only just came up with this gem of calming wisdom because he's actually starting to piss me off....34 wobbly rap songs or not!
#164January 17th, 2010 · 07:23 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
'Needs more cowbell'
                -kings.
#165January 17th, 2010 · 07:34 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
re: Taste
swordfish wrote…
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .........

Get it out with OPTREX .........

haha :D

Lol..that made me laugh.
1 &hellip 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 1517

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:25 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.