1 &hellip 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

#181January 18th, 2010 · 04:46 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I think this is the most active the amp has ever been in quite a while. (Its gotta be some sort of record). I've been a member since late 2008...and wow!
#182January 18th, 2010 · 04:52 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
TheKunadiun wrote…
I think this is the most active the amp has ever been in quite a while. (Its gotta be some sort of record). I've been a member since late 2008...and wow! :D

Nah. It's the same people posting a lot. Just that.
The activity is pretty much the same as the past two years; quite low.

> Iszil
#183January 18th, 2010 · 05:03 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol
#184January 18th, 2010 · 05:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I'll tell you what's sad , twisting the truth to make your self look whiter than white is sad, insulting respected members who have been coming here and participating for YEARS is sad, being young and daft ... is OK ...but being young and daft and consciously refusing to admit or apologize or even show some understanding when openly 'caught red handed' being untruthful about uploaded work and then insulting more than one member who say something about it.....that is sad.  

And yes it's sad that this very good idea and input of yours has gone this way, but I suppose if you do it the right way.....it might work.
#185January 18th, 2010 · 05:55 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
O Yea! and will you stop putting (Hi kings) all over the site it makes me look like I'm inside your head.......
and I've got other things to do thank you....................
#186January 18th, 2010 · 10:07 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
not sure why everyone is taking stabs at eachother... read all the posts and it never really became clear.

Anyway guys... just to let you know we are just about done. We have the song list, we have permission from all the artists on the CD, we have the cd cover...

Is that it? Anything else that needs to be done? Denis has done something similar to this before i think, what's the next step? is it uploading the CD tunecore.com or wherever we are putting it?
#187January 18th, 2010 · 10:42 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Chill has made a good point. How is this album coming along? (I haven't been paying much attention to the AMP recently; been a bit busy... Exams are in two weeks!)

--XFactor--
#188January 18th, 2010 · 11:49 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Chill wrote…
not sure why everyone is taking stabs at eachother... read all the posts and it never really became clear.

Anyway guys... just to let you know we are just about done. We have the song list, we have permission from all the artists on the CD, we have the cd cover...

Is that it? Anything else that needs to be done? Denis has done something similar to this before i think, what's the next step? is it uploading the CD tunecore.com or wherever we are putting it?

As far as the album, I'm sure you can that it is finished basically. All of the important decisions are done, and all that's left is to submit it, and play the waiting game. I also changed the track list a bit, and I love it now. I'm beyond excited for this!
#189January 18th, 2010 · 11:57 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
THE ALBUM!
Here it is again: The NEW tracklist

The AMP: Volume 1

1.  Sake (an Intro) - Denis
2.  Rains - toastedgoat
3.  On my Own - randomdave
4.  The Storm - melodrama
5.  Burn - takaminerbb13
6.  Mental Trap - Iszil
7.  Weight of Wrong - EducatedGuess
8.  Whisper in the Night - SkunkApe
9.  Utopia - Marino
10. Wind in my Sails - vincentL
11. The Sun is Shining - Denis
12. Spectacular Sunrise - kings
13. I'll Be All - Chill
14. Can't Complain - Petermoncrieff
15. Search Party - TessCrazy

"This is what we're all really here for!"
                                      -Somebody
#190January 19th, 2010 · 12:18 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
From blog: "It's too late to Apologize"

To keep this short and sweet...I want to give a heartfelt sorry for not being completely honest about my song at first. I do feel sorry for that, and I feel that the trust that I may have once had is a bit damaged now - But, hopefully I can earn it back! Also, another sorry to kings, and Iszil, to whom I have been particularly rude to. As Triton said, this is a community, and like any community, there will be times where we wont see eye-to-eye, and disagree with each other. It's all part of the system, but it doesn't mean we have to go on and continue hating each other, and disrespecting each other. So, no hard feelings, hopefully we can continue on liking each other (well atleast I liked you guys) and such.

My songs will be taken down, this whole situation has shied me away form posting my songs here, but that doesnt mean the end. You will see me a lot more in the Lyrics Review section, reviewing, posting, and things of that matter.

I also hope you will enjoy the new revised track list

Thank you,
Stefan (fais).
#191January 19th, 2010 · 01:07 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
You never really were rude to me or anything but I have to say that I do really appreciate this heartfelt apology. (As im sure everyone else will as well).

When you feel it, upload a song and I'm sure that we will critique it in a non-biased way.
You didnt have to take your songs off the tracklist though.

i want to thank you again for the apology, and i wish you the best.
#192January 19th, 2010 · 02:26 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hey cool .... a new member ..... welcome to the amp dude, hope you stick around and enjoy the small yet indomitable community. There are some very talented members around and all of them are Stars in their own right..........so come on in, sit down and take the weight of your shoulders ........

But seriously though fais, did you go to church today or something?

I was thinking of this m3u playlist thing today, I like the idea of members being able to listen to the songs as they are meant to be in the album list.

So this is my idea.....I went to your 'playlist' page here at the Amp and saw that you have about 5 songs...all your own lol.....never mind...
If you were to delete those entries (your own songs are already on your music page) then went around the songs that are in the list, 'sending' them one by one and in order to your playlist page, once it's done you give the word and members can then go to your playlist page, click the middle icon top right (the speeker) (alt : play in itunes or winamp...) and will be presented with an m3u file of the songs in the list on the page, including artist and song names when played in your 'player'.
I hope you understand what I mean.....it's not that complicated.
I'd offer /use my own playlist page but I have 99 songs on there, and they're all very good, I had them playing while I worked today...god there are some classic songs and artists on the Amp.

#193January 19th, 2010 · 02:45 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I think theres a better way of doing it kings. I'll try it, when I download all of the tracks finally. For some reason it wouldnt add in the order I tried to add them, so the songs are out of order. Is their a way of reordering them? I'll just make a m3u playlist later. But, here it is..

http://fais54.bandamp.com/playlist.html

There's also another problem. Not all of the songs are made downloadable    Umm.
So, if anyone wants to help out by, maybe recording the tracks with Audacity or something similar and sending them to me in 192 mp3 format that REALLY help me a lot. Again my email is, fais54@aol.com
This would REALLY REALLY help out A LOT.
#194January 19th, 2010 · 03:19 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A! A star is born ............ excellent fais, downloaded and now listening ... shit takas totally excellent ......
There is no way I can see of changing the order on the page, and I did think it would do that. But if you REALLY want it in the right order you (any one who downloads faises playlist m3u) can open it in notepad and swap the lines of addresses and info around a bit.....that's also not difficult......
#EXTINF:3291,takaminerbb13 - Burn
http://www.bandamp.com/user/files/3291.mp3
#EXTINF:2521,toastedgoat - Rains
http://www.bandamp.com/user/files/2521.mp3
#EXTINF:1852,EducatedGuess - Weight Of Wrong
http://www.bandamp.com/user/files/1852.mp3
The first line is the EXTernal INFormation, the second line the address to the mp3 on the Amps server.
So move two lines around at a time.........
But then you'd have to re-host the 'new' file because the Amps m3u is generated on the fly.

So not really worth the bother unless you REALLY want to know what it should sound like.

I haven't downloaded any of these songs, I didn't the first time either I just wrote a small text file....
But I will record any tracks you want just put up a list of the ones you want....but not all of them !!
#195January 19th, 2010 · 03:22 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
kings wrote…
A! A star is born ............ excellent fais, downloaded and now listening ... shit takas totally excellent ......
There is no way I can see of changing the order on the page, and I did think it would do that. But if you REALLY want it in the right order you (any one who downloads faises playlist m3u) can open it in notepad and swap the lines of addresses and info around a bit.....that's also not difficult......
#EXTINF:3291,takaminerbb13 - Burn
http://www.bandamp.com/user/files/3291.mp3
#EXTINF:2521,toastedgoat - Rains
http://www.bandamp.com/user/files/2521.mp3
#EXTINF:1852,EducatedGuess - Weight Of Wrong
http://www.bandamp.com/user/files/1852.mp3
The first line is the EXTernal INFormation, the second line the address to the mp3 on the Amps server.
So move two lines around at a time.........
But then you'd have to re-host the 'new' file because the Amps m3u is generated on the fly.

So not really worth the bother unless you REALLY want to know what it should sound like.

I haven't downloaded any of these songs, I didn't the first time either I just wrote a small text file....
But I will record any tracks you want just put up a list of the ones you want....but not all of them !!

On second look, apparently, the only tracks that needed to be recorded are Sake, and the Wind in my Sails.
1 &hellip 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 12:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.