1 &hellip 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1117

#91January 15th, 2010 · 02:56 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
fais54 wrote…
On topic of photoshop and stuff. I (quickly) made this for something else I'm working on. I'm not saying this is what I want the cover to look like, but to show that I'm sort of capable of using Photoshop, so if you had any ideas - shoot it my way. Here it is...

HTTP 404 Not Found

i can do photoshop too and im really not the greatest and Im sure that you might be much better than me but lets all try and figure out what the cover will be
I did this in photoshop

#92January 15th, 2010 · 03:00 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Trying to make it big (it looks better)

#93January 15th, 2010 · 03:01 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TheKunadiun wrote…
true it could be taken as the death of the site...but I meant it to be like the years in which the songs were uploaded and its a collection of those songs from those times.

outsiders wouldnt get it at first and they wouldnt care cause its just the name but then they go to bandamp and realize how great bandamp is.

the amp volume 1 is a great title as well

Haha, I know that was what you meant - but that sort of jumped to mind when I first read it. I'm sor tof liking 'The AMP, Volume 1'. Should we just go with that.
#94January 15th, 2010 · 03:02 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I like The amp volume 1 so unless theres any objections or snipers or middle men to jump through I think we could go with it
#95January 15th, 2010 · 03:05 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TheKunadiun wrote…
HTTP 404 Not Found

Name for the album?

lol something like 'HTTP 404 The Amp Not Found' would be funny...........as in the amazing tracks at an excellent site that are nearly never listened too.

'The AMP volume 1' is very 'plain'  yet it says it right and gives the sense of there being a lot more to come ! 

Some very good suggestion K ... fun reading through them.
#96January 15th, 2010 · 03:06 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TheKunadiun wrote…
fais54 wrote…
On topic of photoshop and stuff. I (quickly) made this for something else I'm working on. I'm not saying this is what I want the cover to look like, but to show that I'm sort of capable of using Photoshop, so if you had any ideas - shoot it my way. Here it is...

HTTP 404 Not Found

i can do photoshop too and im really not the greatest and Im sure that you might be much better than me but lets all try and figure out what the cover will be
I did this in photoshop

That's not bad.  I'll use today to make up a few covers, and we'll see. Hopefully their not too suckish.

I'm just making them, it doesnt they WILL be the actual covers, unless you guys actually like them.
#97January 15th, 2010 · 03:46 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)

The K , that top album cover (design) is VERY good, I like it a lot, been working with vectors?
For something bandAmp it would be cool because of the vagueness of the youths, no face, no id, yet every one, up to 'something' in the moon lit night.....if you took that picture as the first cover you could also keep the style and the theme for the next.
#98January 15th, 2010 · 03:54 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
@kings: Yes something along the lines of HTTP 404 Not Found or something along that line like you suggested was a possible name idea. I think it would be cool. The amp is very plain so if we used something along the lines of the HTTP 404 thing I think thatd be cool. thanks for enjoying my suggestions lol
yeah ive been working with vectors and experimenting with different things in photoshop. here is the original picture...before i did all that stuff to it.

I really like your description of what the album and the album cover really "Suggests" and what it stands for. the whole
kings wrote…
For something bandAmp it would be cool because of the vagueness of the youths, no face, no id, yet every one, up to 'something' in the moon lit night.....if you took that picture as the first cover you could also keep the style and the theme for the next.
thing.
#99January 15th, 2010 · 04:13 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I think anything that requires a description wouldn't be a good idea. Which brings me back to my 'would people get it' point. I think 'The AMP, Volume 1' is really straight to the point, and sums everything up pretty well. I think a cool cover can make up for the 'plainness' of it.
#100January 15th, 2010 · 04:17 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
See I disagree with that. I want people to think. Thats why I hate mainstream music and the like today. its just "there" and people are force fed it because it requires no effort...which is why all these people begin to get annoyed by these songs that they listen to over and over non stop for a week.

And we dont need to put a description in...it (the name and possibly the cover) is there for people to think and ponder over...maybe theyll never understand the real reason, but that doesnt matter because we leave the interpertation open.

I want to point out that i am not opposed to doing The AMP Volume 1, im just saying lets try and get all the possible ideas out so we dont rush into anything
#101January 15th, 2010 · 04:52 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TheKunadiun wrote…
See I disagree with that. I want people to think. Thats why I hate mainstream music and the like today. its just "there" and people are force fed it because it requires no effort...which is why all these people begin to get annoyed by these songs that they listen to over and over non stop for a week.

And we dont need to put a description in...it (the name and possibly the cover) is there for people to think and ponder over...maybe theyll never understand the real reason, but that doesnt matter because we leave the interpertation open.

I want to point out that i am not opposed to doing The AMP Volume 1, im just saying lets try and get all the possible ideas out so we dont rush into anything

I totally agree with you. But, I feel like at this point 'simple' would be better than 'abstract' for this sort of album. That's just my view on it, but of course I'm taking in everyones views so feel free to disagree whenever you want 
#102January 15th, 2010 · 04:58 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
thats true, simple probably is better....im just obsessed with doing albums and songs that are abstract lol.
we want people to get into bandamp and the community and artists here so whichever way would be best to achieve that is the way to go
#103January 15th, 2010 · 04:58 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Fish Here...............

So apart from pics .............. when is the music going to happen ????

seems close to me..........
dont get derailed by stuff!!!!like pictures

go for it!!!!! PLEASE!!!......................NOW!!!!! .....................WHY NOT??????

good luck fais

kersplash.... the fish
#104January 15th, 2010 · 05:18 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
swordfish wrote…
Fish Here...............

So apart from pics .............. when is the music going to happen ????

seems close to me..........
dont get derailed by stuff!!!!like pictures

go for it!!!!! PLEASE!!!......................NOW!!!!! .....................WHY NOT??????

good luck fais

kersplash.... the fish

Hey fish..take a look on the 6th and 5th page. Theres already a tracklist, and a playlist floating around. Check it out 
#105January 15th, 2010 · 05:26 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TheKunadiun wrote…
thats true, simple probably is better....im just obsessed with doing albums and songs that are abstract lol.
we want people to get into bandamp and the community and artists here so whichever way would be best to achieve that is the way to go :D

Well don't worry, we have plenty of time to decide what we're going to do. Sometimes something simple can have a big meaning, so keep that in mind.

To the people who skip pages..There were 2 more posts and covers before this.
1 &hellip 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1117

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:58 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.