1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

#31February 14th, 2010 · 02:24 AM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
No biggie Nice to see a project as such!
#32February 14th, 2010 · 06:01 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
IMPORTANT PERMISSION UPDATE
I'm still waiting on 5 members to send me their permission to use their song for the album.

I CANT UPLOAD THE ALBUM TO TUNECORE UNTIL I RECEIVE CONSENT FROM ALL MEMBERS.
I HAVE SENT A MESSAGE TO ALL THOSE I'M WAITING ON VIA THEIR SONG ON THE AMP, SO THEY WILL BE RECEIVING AN EMAIL FROM ME.

IF I DON'T RECEIVE PERMISSION FROM MEMBERS BY SUNDAY 9.00AM (UK TIME) 21ST FEBRUARY, THEIR SONG WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE ALBUM.

If anyone disagrees with this PM me urgently?

Denis
#33February 14th, 2010 · 12:59 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
UPDATE
I've received the go ahead from the charity.

I'm pretty certain that Educated Guess is not going to get my message re giving his permission, so I think there will be at least two slots available for any members wishing to be included in the album. I'm going to remove one of my songs, It's only fair.

I want to finalize the selection by Saturday 20th February. So I'm going to leave it open. Members to decide.
So you can either pick one of your own songs or pick one from a member. If you pick one, make sure it's an active member, I don't want to end up having to do this again.
If there is not a majority decision, then I will pick one at random by way of picking numbers out of a hat, you will have to trust me.

Use this thread for nominations, I will update it as we go.

If anyone does not agree with this PM me immediately.

Cheers

Denis
#34February 14th, 2010 · 01:26 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
My nominations are:

Taka - Up All Night - http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2979.html (love this one**)
TritonK - Anyday - http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/1828.html (i really like this one**)

I suddenly realized, whats a bandamp album without a TK track??
I wouldn't have a problem at all with these taking the places of the songs that may not be able to go on. They're great.
#35February 14th, 2010 · 04:37 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
addl track suggestion
Just a sugestion... I really liked this Sworfish track.   An older post but very different and unique.

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4555.html

Crossin the States
#36February 14th, 2010 · 05:12 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
nominations
pedalo or sun by me ......HA HA

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3151.html

or

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/2732.html

cant use crossin the states fer sample clearance reasons ............ wot a shame

WOOPS IS THIS SPAM!!!!

YEP!!!

SPAMFISH
#37February 15th, 2010 · 01:44 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Hi,

Just reading through the various volatile threads concerning this project. It seems an opinion of a couple of people that members such as myself abandoned this site. I don't think this is true at all. I regularly sign in and see what's new, if anyone's on chat etc. I was a very active member of this site for a couple of years and that was a couple of years ago too. Wow, actually it's been 5 years now. But I moved countries, had various jobs, I almost entirely stopped making music at one point. Personal lives are ever shifting organisms. So while my activity may have waned, it's certainly not an indication of my level of respect for this site. Which, incidentally, I believe has always been a remarkable showcase of talent and a well machined tool for improving as a songwriter.

I have never talked to you, fais54. But I was pretty taken aback by the way you were representing some of the more veteran members of this site. People like Iszil have quite literally kept this site running, and have sunk hundreds of hours of their time in to thoughtfully critiquing music, making this site a more coherent a useful service and environment.

In regards to a comment you made earlier in the start of another thread, stating you'd contacted me about using my music and that I hadn't replied, well, this simply isn't true, is it? The first knowledge I've had of this project came to me yesterday from Denis.

Anyway, that's my rant over. I see you've apologised and things seem to be more amicable now. I would be careful not to alienate yourself again, however, as this really is a tight knit family here. And a fuuuucking incredible one at that. This is a great idea for a project, and something that really should have been thought of long before now! So kudos on that one, fais54.

- Chester
#38February 15th, 2010 · 02:56 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
My mistake then...

Iszil: I ask again, could you talk to JBP, EducatedGuess or Takaminerbb13?

fais54: I have contacted those people (who apparently abandoned the site all together   ) and Taka gave me permisison to us one of his songs. That's it. Sorry lol.

... but I guess that's how I made it.
#39February 15th, 2010 · 03:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
EducatedGuess wrote…
Hi,

Just reading through the various volatile threads concerning this project. It seems an opinion of a couple of people that members such as myself abandoned this site. I don't think this is true at all. I regularly sign in and see what's new, if anyone's on chat etc. I was a very active member of this site for a couple of years and that was a couple of years ago too. Wow, actually it's been 5 years now. But I moved countries, had various jobs, I almost entirely stopped making music at one point. Personal lives are ever shifting organisms. So while my activity may have waned, it's certainly not an indication of my level of respect for this site. Which, incidentally, I believe has always been a remarkable showcase of talent and a well machined tool for improving as a songwriter.

I have never talked to you, fais54. But I was pretty taken aback by the way you were representing some of the more veteran members of this site. People like Iszil have quite literally kept this site running, and have sunk hundreds of hours of their time in to thoughtfully critiquing music, making this site a more coherent a useful service and environment.

In regards to a comment you made earlier in the start of another thread, stating you'd contacted me about using my music and that I hadn't replied, well, this simply isn't true, is it? The first knowledge I've had of this project came to me yesterday from Denis.

Anyway, that's my rant over. I see you've apologised and things seem to be more amicable now. I would be careful not to alienate yourself again, however, as this really is a tight knit family here. And a fuuuucking incredible one at that. This is a great idea for a project, and something that really should have been thought of long before now! So kudos on that one, fais54.

- Chester

I'm glad TK was wrong, as I asked him if you still had your email linked to bandAMP, he though when you moved you would not have access to any messages sent via bandAMP. That's why I doubted you would receive my message. Brilliant.... so I take it you are in, I look forward to receiving your permission statement, copyright details and wav file. I also heard from Marino today, I've received his permission.

Well I'm just waiting on 3 members now, don't worry for those who are wanting to be nominated on the album, there will  be definitely ONE place available, as I'm removing one of my songs as I said earlier.
#40February 15th, 2010 · 03:28 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Denis wrote…
EducatedGuess wrote…
Hi,

- Chester

I'm glad TK was wrong, as I asked him if you still had your email linked to bandAMP, he though when you moved you would not have access to any messages sent via bandAMP. That's why I doubted you would receive my message. Brilliant.... so I take it you are in, I look forward to receiving your permission statement, copyright details and wav file. I also heard from Marino today, I've received his permission.

Well I'm just waiting on 3 members now, don't worry for those who are wanting to be nominated on the album, there will  be definitely ONE place available, as I'm removing one of my songs as I said earlier.

Sure thing. I'd rather Barriers be on it however. And all my wav. files are back in NZ! Oh no!
#41February 15th, 2010 · 03:40 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
EducatedGuess wrote…
Denis wrote…
EducatedGuess wrote…
Hi,

- Chester

Sure thing. I'd rather Barriers be on it however. And all my wav. files are back in NZ! Oh no!

It's not a problem, we can use 'Barriers' and I can convert the Mp3, I've had to do that for Marino's track, his Hard Drive got a virus, he lost ALL his Music, poor guy. Could not someone access your files in NZ, I guess not?
Send me your consent
denis.ahmet@gmail.com

Great to hear form you Chester, You are one of the most repected Artists here on the AMP, would be nice for you to get back into songwriting again.
Cheers
#42February 15th, 2010 · 06:55 PM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
Hey sorry i've not got back to you about this but i've not checked this site in a VERY long time.

I'll send an official confirmation in an email but I just wanted to let you know I'm very happy for you to use my song in your compilation.

Also in case you're interested I believe I've progressed a lot since I last posted on here and if you want to listen to my new songs (or buy my album) here's my myspace: www.myspace.com/tessbeighton. I'm also in the process of developing a new website which is at www.tessbmusic.co.uk

If you need me don't hesitate to contact me on tess.is.crazy@gmail.com

Thanks again
- Tess
#43February 15th, 2010 · 07:28 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Wow, the two people I least suspected to get back to you! Great to have you guys on board! 
#44February 16th, 2010 · 06:27 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
song for the amp vol1
#45February 16th, 2010 · 08:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
UPDATE - 16th Feb
I've mastered 12 songs so far....OMG if I must say so, the album is sounding AWESOME!!!!!
I would like some input in which order to put the tracks please.
Chester please send your consent to me URGENTLY, YES I'm a pain in the arse, and I'm chasing everybody, everyday so I can complete this project, I've set a deadline, and I'm sticking to it like SUPER GLUE.
KINGS Thanks for putting up with me, but it was well worth it, your track sounds GREAT!!

I'm sure you are all wanting to hear the album produced, hopefully by Sunday I would have had all songs,
I will make an album available for download, Can anyone think of the easiest way I can make this available to all AMPERS?? I think if I make a link available to megauploads or similar that should work??With Yousendit.com you get seven days to download it, probably a good idea, we don't want it to stay up their for ever?
I want to make sure I've done the best possible job before it gets uploaded to Tunecore, hence once it's uploaded you cant change a thing and I mean NOTHING.

Edit*

Revised Track list:

1.  Sake - Denis
2.  Rains - toastedgoat
3.  On my Own - randomdave
4.  The Storm - melodrama
5.  Wordless Hymn - takaminerbb13
6.  Mental Trap - Iszil
7.  Barriers - EducatedGuess
8.  Whisper in the Night - SkunkApe
9.  Utopia - Marino
10. Wind in my Sails - vincentL
1l. Spectacular Sunrise - kings
12. I'll Be All - Chill
13. Can't Complain - Petermoncrieff
14. Search Party - TessCrazy
15. Chop it Up - Fais54

Cheers

Denis
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.