1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

#1February 8th, 2010 · 12:27 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The AMP Vol I
For those that are not aware, Fais is too busy to publish the album, so I have volunteered to do it.

Link to the Charity we are donating proceeds to:
http://www.vh1savethemusic.com/

I have completed an application form for the charity, it will take a few days before they come back to me.
They have also sent a couple of logo's to me, which will be included on the album. I'll post here once it's done.

Waiting on Tunecore.com to come back to me, regarding any legal stuff.

In the meantime, if any of members who's songs are on the album have a wav file of the song, please send them to me.  If you don't have the song in wav, I will convert the Mp3
denis.ahmet@gmail.com

The most important thing is marketing the album, this is where all members can help. We need to make as many people/organizations aware as possible. I suggest we start with family and Friends first. We can also do Flyers etc....
It would be amazing if we can get it on some good radio stations to promote it. this is going to be the most challenging part if the album is going to be a success.
I was thinking of perhaps doing some research to see if any other small organizations like us who have launched an album for charity and see how they marketed the album.

Cheers

Any ideas suggestions on how we could market the album would be welcome

#2February 8th, 2010 · 03:20 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Rights & Permission
Here's the relpy I got back from Tunecore:

"Hey Denis,
 I'm sorry I misinterpreted your letter!  You can distribute a compilation album via TuneCore as long as you have the rights and permissions to use the songs on the album.  You must obtain these rights and permissions from the copyright holder or copyright administrator of the material.  We do not have any forms or letters on file for this.  All the money will come to your TuneCore account and at that time it will be your responsibility to disperse the funds to the persons or groups of your choice.  We can not set up a automatic payment system to outside parties. All funds come to your TuneCore account.  Let me know if you have more questions. Talk to you soon!

Best,

Justin Mitchell

Artist Support and Label Relations
www.TuneCore.com

So  would all members on the album please send be a brief letter  by email to this effect. Also can you confirm
A) The artist name (Your birth name, bandAMP name,  other).
B) Copyright DATE and name

I will Stamp this info on the track, unless you have already done so.

Any question email me
denis.ahmet@gmail.com
#3February 8th, 2010 · 10:26 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Sent the permission as requested Monday 2-8-10. 10:20pm.  Thanks, SkunkApe
#4February 9th, 2010 · 02:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SkunkApe wrote…
Sent the permission as requested Monday 2-8-10. 10:20pm.  Thanks, SkunkApe

Thanks Skunk,

Here is what Skunk sent me, you can copy, paste and edit it and email it to me
denis.ahmet@gmail.com

"I give permission to Denis Ahmet for my recording "Whisper in the Night" to be used as a track on the BandAmp.com compilation album Volume 1
I reserve ownership of the song, recording and lyrics and the right to use it in future projects.

Terence M Hunt. -  SkunkApe
Copyright  Saturday, September 20, 2008.  Terence M Hunt"

Note if you want to send a wav file to me, you can use yousendit.com free of charge upto 100MB

Probably best to keep the actual album name which is "The AMP Vol I"
#5February 9th, 2010 · 04:44 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
The new & improved cover. Agreed upon by Denis and myself.

Promotional banner:

#6February 9th, 2010 · 06:47 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
That looks totally awesome. good job. kind of looks like blood stains everywhere but whatever lol i like it(love it)!
#7February 9th, 2010 · 07:00 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
ALBUM COVER
I DON'T LIKE IT...START AGAIN AND DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME....
Just kidding..  LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Great Job...Da Skunk!
#8February 9th, 2010 · 07:04 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
LOL i was like oh great here comes another 15 pages....
#9February 9th, 2010 · 07:13 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
VH1 Rock N Roll Fantasy
Here's a dream.  The Amp Volume 1 strikes a chord with the general popualtaion generating millions in sales for VH1's Save the Mustic Campaign.  Thrilled by the response, VH1 starts heavy rotation of "Thank You to BandAmp" commercials, playing our music 24/7. Soon they create a BandAmp special inviting all the Ampers to a "Live BandAmp Jam Session Benefit Concert" with special guest stars ranging from Eddie Van Halen to Eric Clapton.  Attended by executives from all the major record labels they offer us all million dollar contracts and fly us to professionally record all our songs at Abby Road Studios. Upon the release of our albums, VH1 promotes them heavilly in thanks for "TheAmp Volume 1" and within weeks were battling against each other for the number one spot on the charts.......Ahhhh Dreams they can come true. ... Skunk
#10February 9th, 2010 · 07:37 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
re: VH1 Rock N Roll Fantasy
SkunkApe wrote…
Here's a dream.  The Amp Volume 1 strikes a chord with the general popualtaion generating millions in sales for VH1's Save the Mustic Campaign.  Thrilled by the response, VH1 starts heavy rotation of "Thank You to BandAmp" commercials, playing our music 24/7. Soon they create a BandAmp special inviting all the Ampers to a "Live BandAmp Jam Session Benefit Concert" with special guest stars ranging from Eddie Van Halen to Eric Clapton.  Attended by executives from all the major record labels they offer us all million dollar contracts and fly us to professionally record all our songs at Abby Road Studios. Upon the release of our albums, VH1 promotes them heavilly in thanks for "TheAmp Volume 1" and within weeks were battling against each other for the number one spot on the charts.......Ahhhh Dreams they can come true. ... Skunk

Haha, well that was an entertaining read. I hope something like that happens as well. My dream is that this album really catches on with the public, and not only will the artists involved reach their musical goals, but we also raise money that will actually HELP out schools - because I know when I was younger that my music programs in school sucked, so this charity has a special meaning to me 
#11February 9th, 2010 · 07:43 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
and then I woke up
#12February 9th, 2010 · 07:53 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
You never know 
#13February 9th, 2010 · 07:56 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I was thinking about including a little bio of each participant in this album so people knows what they are listening to. I don't know if that's possible for virtual albums, but it'd be nice.
I'll send my copyright letter and my .wav file soon.

> Iszil
#14February 9th, 2010 · 08:27 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
thatd be freaking awesome
#15February 9th, 2010 · 10:41 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Iszil wrote…
I was thinking about including a little bio of each participant in this album so people knows what they are listening to. I don't know if that's possible for virtual albums, but it'd be nice.
I'll send my copyright letter and my .wav file soon.

> Iszil

I'd be interested to read what you have to say about everyone. Maybe some sort of write up on the front page would be cool I guess. That can be posted when the album is officially released. Good ideas...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 12:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.