1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

#46February 16th, 2010 · 09:16 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
re: UPDATE - 16th Feb
Denis wrote…
I've mastered 12 songs so far....OMG if I must say so, the album is sounding AWESOME!!!!!
I would like some input in which order to put the tracks please.
Chester please send your consent to me URGENTLY, YES I'm a pain in the arse, and I'm chasing everybody, everyday so I can complete this project, I've set a deadline, and I'm sticking to it like SUPER GLUE.
KINGS Thanks for putting up with me, but it was well worth it, your track sounds GREAT!!

I'm sure you are all wanting to hear the album produced, hopefully by Sunday I would have had all songs,
I will make an album available for download, Can anyone think of the easiest way I can make this available to all AMPERS?? I think if I make a link available to megauploads or similar that should work??With Yousendit.com you get seven days to download it, probably a good idea, we don't want it to stay up their for ever?
I want to make sure I've done the best possible job before it gets uploaded to Tunecore, hence once it's uploaded you cant change a thing and I mean NOTHING.

Edit*

Revised Track list:

1.  Sake - Denis
2.  Rains - toastedgoat
3.  On my Own - randomdave
4.  The Storm - melodrama
5.  Wordless Hymn - takaminerbb13
6.  Mental Trap - Iszil
7.  Barriers - EducatedGuess
8.  Whisper in the Night - SkunkApe
9.  Utopia - Marino
10. Wind in my Sails - vincentL
1l. Spectacular Sunrise - kings
12. I'll Be All - Chill
13. I Can't Complain - Petermoncrieff
14. Search Party - TessCrazy
15. Chop it Up - Fais54

Cheers

Denis

I think that track list is pretty perfect as it is now. I think you should only make the album available to the artists included on the album. Or else, it's like your leaking it before it comes out. Also, I think a proper 'press release' should be written at some point. Probably just a description of the album, and the artists involved. If anybody is good at that, just let me or Denis know.

I also have a new e-mail address: stefan.faison@gmail.com
#47February 16th, 2010 · 03:39 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I feel that ALL ampers should be able to download it for free for like 7 days or something. Its not like this is some crazy closed community where we share nothing and only the greats get to benefit from cool stuff.

Also how come takas song changed from Burn to Wordless Hymn? (not a problem just wondering).
#48February 16th, 2010 · 03:58 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TheKunadiun wrote…
I feel that ALL ampers should be able to download it for free for like 7 days or something. Its not like this is some crazy closed community where we share nothing and only the greats get to benefit from cool stuff.

Also how come takas song changed from Burn to Wordless Hymn? (not a problem just wondering).

I agree to an extent. But, in this situation, I thought that letting the artists hear how their songs are going to sound mastered before it's released seemed like a good idea.  What exactly would be the point of letting the entire public be able to download the album for free? They'll have the chance when it's up their on sale. Remember this is for charity!

Cheers.
#49February 16th, 2010 · 04:04 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ah right ok i see what youre saying. but in the meantime while the artists get to hear what it sounds like, the general ampers can as well, thats all im saying.

rock on this is gonna be great
#50February 16th, 2010 · 04:06 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TheKunadiun wrote…
ah right ok i see what youre saying. but in the meantime while the artists get to hear what it sounds like, the general ampers can as well, thats all im saying.

rock on this is gonna be great :D

Yeah, and plus the songs are already on the site anyway 
#51February 16th, 2010 · 04:49 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I just wonder who will buy this album? How will it be promoted?
I mean, we are not famous or anything so basically, beside us, no one knows our music.
Just wondering...

> Iszil
#52February 16th, 2010 · 04:55 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…

Members choice, I didn't even realise until I checked Fais list, It's not a problem Taks tracks are all great IMO
#53February 16th, 2010 · 04:58 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Iszil wrote…
I mean, we are not famous or anything so basically, beside us, no one knows our music.
Just wondering...

> Iszil

Who will buy this? Friends, families, members, outsiders, word of mouth, etc. I'm not a master promoter, but I released my album on Amazon a few days ago, and I've sold 32 copies just from friends alone. Not an amazing amount, but yeah. Denis and I are going to discuss ways to promote this once this is published. It's not going to be easy.

Have a little faith.
#54February 16th, 2010 · 05:04 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
Just wondering...

> Iszil

YES THIS IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR ALL OF US. WITHOUT MARKETING, THE ALBUM WILL NOT SELL, IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT, IT'S GOING TO BE VERY HARD WORK, SO WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO PROMOTE IT.

When I have finished publishing the album I will start a new thread purly for the marketing aspect. Or if any members have knowledge of marketing, why not start the thread now, we need someone who will be very committed, again this is going to be hard work for all of us, TEAM WORK IS THE KEY.
#55February 16th, 2010 · 05:17 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
PROBLEM
OK I've mastered  13 tracks now, I thought I'd better burn a CD to see how much space it takes on a CD, well it's already a whopping  665MB. Hmmm, I've never created a CD this big, all I know is that my discs are 700MB,
So I reckon only one more song is going to fit.
I'm still waiting on two members to come back to me for giving me permission., so if neither come back to me by Sunday we will only have space for one more track.
#56February 16th, 2010 · 05:25 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
QUESTION
Are we sending out CDs?
#57February 16th, 2010 · 05:37 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I think my song is using the capacity of 3 songs instead of just 1.
What about using Velvet Feathers?

> Iszil
#58February 17th, 2010 · 01:44 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: QUESTION
fais54 wrote…
Are we sending out CDs?

Amazon offer this, they take a third of the royalties, to get them produced will cost loads of cash
#59February 17th, 2010 · 01:49 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…

> Iszil

Yeah my song Sake is also quite long, so yes this is an option. I could substitute my song for 'The Sun is Shining'

Can you send me the wav and permission to use it.

Well done Is
#60February 17th, 2010 · 09:44 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Denis wrote…
Iszil wrote…

> Iszil

Yeah my song Sake is also quite long, so yes this is an option. I could substitute my song for 'The Sun is Shining'

Can you send me the wav and permission to use it.

Well done Is

I think replacing Mental Trap with another Isz song will make a big difference. I was hoping Sake could be some sort of an intro. Maybe you can supply a shortened version.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 11:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.