1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

#16February 10th, 2010 · 04:52 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So is the album cover supposed to represent the effort gone into making the album?
......Blood, Sweat and Tears !
I do like the design ... except for the actual bA logo... it looks too red and white on red and white.... it normally has some black around it. I think it should just show up that little bit more than the rest of the text in that block.
Cant you try a black outline to the logo and not red....keep the crescent moon red of course.
What it does is concentrates the 'red black white communicative formula' into a small important space...the bandAmp logo.

I'll also send my wav soon...I've tried e-mail once but of course with a wav it timed out. There are loads of file hosting sites to choose from.
#17February 10th, 2010 · 09:29 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
I was thinking about including a little bio of each participant in this album so people knows what they are listening to. I don't know if that's possible for virtual albums, but it'd be nice.
I'll send my copyright letter and my .wav file soon.

> Iszil

As far as I'm aware, I can write a Bio for the album when I upload it to Tunecore, but how it's marketed I don't know.
As the Album will be a digital download, I'm not sure if Amazon & iTunes have their website set-up to include bio's, I guess just go on-line to see if they are or not. Having said that A) Amazon have a CD marketing tool, thet produce the CD's themselves with basic rear cover .B) we could produce CD's professionally, but we are talking a LOT of money.
I'll check how many characters you are allowed on the Tuncore bio.
#18February 10th, 2010 · 11:27 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Tunecore marketing info
Here are some useful tools and info:

http://www.tunecore.com/guides
#19February 10th, 2010 · 06:29 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
hi Denis
Promotion wise I've been researching some stuff.
Am in tune core with blakhatz and yokoinc they are good.
Get back in 24hrs to any Qz.....appreciate that
Liner notes box in the tunecore submission page allow for additional info.

When we did
PLUG
 J POP 60z EP.
Available on itunes    

I entered all the info re Japanese composers of he songs we covered there, ok for tunecore + we got amcos licencing so am now official music producer....thats pretty funny but we are covered.
Myspace is a bit of a wasteland some even now dumping it in favor of  facebook which is  is currently enjoying its 15min of fame.
reverbnation is interesting mob
 in that you can promote and sell product downloads streaming @ MERCHANDISE
artwork etc.
Links to the face book with reverbnation app. =myband .
&5$3@# sorry that was a sample of the kinda language thrown around here when coming to terms with ....more technology

There is somuch out there:

BTW I was looking at

http://www.jics.com/

which led to this
http://artists.topmusic.jp/ecommerce.htm

&5$3@#
Think I'll 'pick up ma guitar and play just like yesterday'

greg
hatz
#20February 10th, 2010 · 06:41 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I agree with you about the whole myspace/facebook thing. Musicforte.com is also a very nice site to sell and promote music.
#21February 11th, 2010 · 11:20 AM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Just my .02, tone down the background or get rid of the rid hue on it to allow more contrast between it and the logo+text. Right now it seems to clash. Shrink the save the music logo just a tad bit.
#22February 11th, 2010 · 12:34 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
DjSkygrinder wrote…
Just my .02, tone down the background or get rid of the rid hue on it to allow more contrast between it and the logo+text. Right now it seems to clash. Shrink the save the music logo just a tad bit.

please show what you mean
#23February 11th, 2010 · 04:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Permission Rights Reminder.
For those who haven't sent me their rights/permission/copyright info, please send by SATURDAY 13th FEB. If I don't receive them, I wont be able to upload them to Tunecore for another week, hence the upload of wav files takes about 45 mins per track to upload x 15, I'm just too busy with work and other projects, only have a few hours Sunday and perhaps half an hour per day during the week. I've got a few family events soon too, so come on people let's get the show on the road!!

If I don't get a response by Saturday I'll PM them, or swift boot up the rear..ha ha
Any problems email me
denis.ahmet@gmail.com
#24February 12th, 2010 · 08:09 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I sent you an email...I'm not even sure if I was supposed to or not 
#25February 12th, 2010 · 11:55 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
DjSkygrinder wrote…

Thank you. But, unfortunatly I don't have the original project file anymore so I can't really make any changes.
#26February 12th, 2010 · 12:31 PM
23 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
United States of America
Who all gets to have their music on the c.d.? I know I would love to have my music on the c.d. or is the selection already done?
#27February 12th, 2010 · 12:59 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
fais54 wrote…
DjSkygrinder wrote…

Thank you. But, unfortunatly I don't have the original project file anymore so I can't really make any changes.
thats the way to do it!

the selections have already been made but we will be doing more of these in the very near future
#28February 12th, 2010 · 02:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
reaper821 wrote…
Who all gets to have their music on the c.d.? I know I would love to have my music on the c.d. or is the selection already done?

Fais54 did the compilation, I'll have to check if there is enough space for anymore tracks, or pm Fais54. I haven't mastered anything yet

Cheers
#29February 12th, 2010 · 02:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
I sent you an email...I'm not even sure if I was supposed to or not  :D

Yes, here is reminder to all of the track listing:

1.  Sake (an Intro) - Denis
2.  Rains - toastedgoat
3.  On my Own - randomdave
4.  The Storm - melodrama
5.  Burn - takaminerbb13
6.  Mental Trap - Iszil
7.  Weight of Wrong - EducatedGuess
8.  Whisper in the Night - SkunkApe
9.  Utopia - Marino
10. Wind in my Sails - vincentL
11. The Sun is Shining - Denis
12. Spectacular Sunrise - kings
13. I'll Be All - Chill
14. Can't Complain - Petermoncrieff
15. Search Party - TessCrazy
16. Chop it Up - Fais54

I'm still waiting on a few more members to send me there permission/rights & wav files, looks like I'll have to ask TK to email them, assuming he's got access to their email address's

**Edit***
I forgot to inclide Fais54 track, I still haven't tried out mastering this, hope it fit's on a CD, I'm really pushed for time, so perhaps someone can download all the tracks and see if A) they fit onto a CD, and B) if there is any more room. I was thinking of taking off one of my songs, since I have two, I don't know how this list was originally decided??

**Edit2**
Fais54 Changed his song choice, if any of you are unphappy with your song choice, NOW is the time to tell me. I'm still waiting on consent/permission from a couple of members, I'll ask TK to email them. Once I have those, I'll be mastering the CD, the only changes I will make are audio levels if any and make sure they all start from zero and finish without a long silence.
#30February 12th, 2010 · 05:44 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I'm uploading my wav track to a host so I can give you the link. It's 100mb and with my crappy connection is going to take a while.
As soon as it's done I send you the link along with the copyright letter.

> Iszil
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 9:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.