1 2 3 4 5 6 7

#1April 11th, 2009 · 07:05 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Video and song ideas
Following up with Deni's and PX regarding this link:
http://forum.bandamp.com/Announcements/20158.html

We are  for sign ups for who will contribute what...
I guess what we can do is set a BPM sort of click and send that around and everyone video and audio record them self's for 8 bars so vids have enough room for cutting in and out...I also think that we can have simple organic sounds as in boxes pots cans or whatever is around that makes beat noise for those who don't necessarily play an instrument..as long as it follows the click..

Anyways lets get this started so lets see who is in so we can decide on a song either cover or original..

Please post your name and your instrument or sound maker to record...We can have more than one of the same so don't be shy...Remember all sound makers welcome...

Marino
Guitar solo
Bass
and what ever else is need it..
#2April 11th, 2009 · 08:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I can play guitar, bass, keys, I also have a cajon which is cool for extra percussion and I can sing aswell.

I will most likely record my music track in Cubase at full quality and use my digital video cam for the video part. Using Adobe Premiere to sync the video and the music will probably be what I can deliver to the editor.

I'll dump my files on my own webspace so there won't be problems with size and download speed.

We'll first see who wants to participate so we can see what kind of instruments we have and then decide on a song I guess.
#3April 11th, 2009 · 08:46 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What about When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin....it just happened to be playing on the radio...a good track for different guitar solos, bashing along too on anything and everybody screaming profound text  !

#4April 11th, 2009 · 08:51 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
What about When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin....it just happened to be playing on the radio...a good track for different guitar solos, bashing along too on anything and everybody screaming profound text  !

:roll:

Something a little bit more universal and generic than any Led Zeppelin tune I suppose......
#5April 11th, 2009 · 02:18 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Video and song ideas
FISH IS IN..............please

Like The BPM idea ...............

howza bout a very simple tiny link piece of music or sound to tie all short (8bar) trax together???

im workin on it??

fish........
#6April 11th, 2009 · 07:57 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Suggestions..
Imagine
Give peace a chance
Here comes the sun
What a wonderful world
Peace train
My sweet lord
with extended break for solos and stuff , also we can rearrange to fit what instruments and voices we have available..Originals are also encouraged..even a medley might work.......

What do you guys think...
#7April 11th, 2009 · 09:09 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I play guitar, drums, bass, keyboard...can sing o.k.....i wouldnt recommend myself for lead vocals just yet though...
ive got a xenyx 1204fx mixer that i use to record, also i have an Apitek A-HD 720p digital camera that records video...
is this an audio collab? or a video collab? i think a video collab would be much harder..but it might be a lot cooler...

In The Flesh by Pink Floyd is an awesome song to do live or in a collab...maybe.....

here comes the sun is good too
#8April 12th, 2009 · 05:56 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
TheKunadiun wrote…
is this an audio collab? or a video collab? i think a video collab would be much harder..but it might be a lot cooler...

The point is to make this a video collab.

I like Here Comes the Sun too,... That's right now on top of my personal preference
#9April 12th, 2009 · 11:34 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
How's about taking Lee Michael's "Heighty High" (modifying the lyrics to a more universally-accepted positive message)? You don't have to be an accomplished vocalist to sing it... it has a fairly simple 3-chord structure, has an infective chorus, could go on forever if desired...and positively rocks! Here's a sample: (Hope this works!)
http://www.last.fm/music/Lee+Michaels/_/Heighty+Hi
#10April 12th, 2009 · 01:26 PM
34 threads / 18 songs
68 posts
Denmark
How about something from The Exies? "Once in a Lifetime" thinks its pretty simple. Or Hero of the Day" by Metallica.

"Wonderwall" by Oasis is good too!
#11April 12th, 2009 · 02:38 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Ok ..So we are getting some song ideas..Battlecat's song sounds like a good alternative also here comes the sun sounds good..I think for this project metal and classic rock are a bit unappealing to some so I think in general crossover material would be advisable..

So I think will keep posting song ideas until we sart seeing a repetition of songs...Remember it is good to have original thoughts but also try to concord with what is already onboard to move this forward...
Another alternative is a medley in case we can select just one...Also remember to post your part in the performance as in singing,hitting boxes,making sounds whatever,don't forget to let us know...
#12April 12th, 2009 · 02:48 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
like i said, here comes the sun is good, but isnt that classified as classic rock? who doesnt like classic rock?

what audience are we going for here?
#13April 12th, 2009 · 03:02 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hmm don't wanna start on genre discussions..I guess what I meant to say is things like Zep,floyd, and others of the like are not for everyone...So who is our audience well if we are trying to do a piece that represents unity and what ever else I think something more general or ear friendly would touch many more...

K.... Classic rock is not the almighty force of the universe so get over it(lol)....Many here were listening to pink floyd before you were born so is not that I don't like it..Is not about liking or not ...(not insulting you K just making a point)

We are looking for something thats is easy to put together for everyone to participate.....period...the more 3 chord type the song is the more chances we have of having people on board.
Understand 
#14April 12th, 2009 · 03:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What about "Here comes the hum" a bandAmp collab ?

'A perfect day' or 'A Beautiful world' are seriously universal songs, but I dont know what they are like as collabs music wise.
Here comes the sun is a bit cringie!

M, do you know the piano is on my foot?
#15April 12th, 2009 · 05:25 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
A perfect day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F391_23ysbU
Beautiful world
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvu_iYOiIuo

can't find piano one kings...
beautiful world is actually great....
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 10:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.