#1April 11th, 2009 · 05:07 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
BandAMP United Artists Video Collab
Hey all!

Following a wonderful internet find by Marino, some of our members think it's a great idea to organise an international song/video collaboration of our own.

The plan is to have a good amount of people filming themselves as they perform their part of the song. The resulting videos will be collected and edited together to create the final product, which will subsequently become available for individual Youtube uploads, and the like.

Denis has offered to do the editing.

We haven't decided on a song yet - whether it's going to be cover, or an all-bandamp original, but so far a few enthusiastic members have already been heard to go for it.

So, if you are interested in participating, please respond to this thread. We'll also use this thread to work out the details - which song we'll do, etcetera.

Yes sorry two threads, but that kinda happened... When things are really starting to pull together - once the song has been agreed upon - a new announcement will be posted. So if you sign up, stay Stand-by!

So sign up if you want in!
There is No Deadline (atleast for now )

Cheers and hope to hear from you!
#2April 11th, 2009 · 08:46 AM
#3April 11th, 2009 · 04:15 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
52 posts
United States of America
Keep it original
1st off, i am so interested 2nd i think we should all put in a helping hand to write one mega song that will express the creativity in underground musicians 
#4April 12th, 2009 · 06:35 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: Keep it original
pattersonl wrote…
1st off, i am so interested 2nd i think we should all put in a helping hand to write one mega song that will express the creativity in underground musicians  ;)

Cool!

Well you're on the list then, and I do agree that an original song is all the more powerful. But it will be quite difficult to write - The "example" video, Stand By Me, is musically very uncomplicated - one bar chord progression being repeated over and over. I think we should be looking at something similar, this will make mixing instruments into the arrangement easiest (and requires everyone to only record a fraction of the whole song instead of a whole 5- minute run).
#5April 12th, 2009 · 10:22 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I am in!
Who does the arrangement? Someone should be the hub to collect and move the original material.
Instruments, voices, music, lyrics ????

"Stand by me" is quite an easy song to produce and was recorded by ONE person who travelled around the world I think. Hmmm seemes he ignored the german singer.......

What video format should I use for exchange? I have a digicam and I use Microsoft's Windows Movie Maker.
I am not in pics or videos but I trust in Denis to make the best out of it.
#6April 12th, 2009 · 10:45 AM
7 threads / 5 songs
52 posts
United States of America
re: re: Keep it original
PuppetXeno wrote…
pattersonl wrote…
1st off, i am so interested 2nd i think we should all put in a helping hand to write one mega song that will express the creativity in underground musicians  ;)

Cool!

Well you're on the list then, and I do agree that an original song is all the more powerful. But it will be quite difficult to write - The "example" video, Stand By Me, is musically very uncomplicated - one bar chord progression being repeated over and over. I think we should be looking at something similar, this will make mixing instruments into the arrangement easiest (and requires everyone to only record a fraction of the whole song instead of a whole 5- minute run).
Sweet we should come up with a topic if we are to do this like, world hunger, or genocide, stuff like that
#7April 12th, 2009 · 03:49 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
United States of America
Ill definately give it a try. Can only play guitar tabs tho...
#8April 14th, 2009 · 12:46 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
KeytotheCeiling wrote…
Ill definately give it a try. Can only play guitar tabs tho...

That's not a prob. But why don't you upload some of your material, so the community gets to know you?

cheers!
#9April 14th, 2009 · 12:50 PM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
Sounds like fun! 
#10April 14th, 2009 · 01:01 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
This has lured me back to the amp (which I suspect you knew would happen Mr. Puppet my friend : )  Who can resist?  I'd love to be a part of it...but I'm technically challenged.....my bits would be recorded on super-8 LoL.  Maybe I could work out something....
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 30th, 2024 · 4:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.