1 2 3 4 5 6 7

#31April 14th, 2009 · 12:37 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
TheKunadiun wrote…
is there a way that someone could just send out one huge mass email to everyonne on bandamp, and get them to reply, or post in a thread if they want to join the collab or something?

Not that I'm aware of, in fact it's too bad that one doesn't get an email notification of a pm... Maybe it can be fixed, it would be easier to rally people....
#32April 14th, 2009 · 01:04 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I can play guitar, sing,...and of course I play the spoons : )
#33April 15th, 2009 · 08:24 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
Sweet I definitely what to be part of this!
Great idea

I could do guitar, bass, vocals or just record strange sounds from around my house.

song choice Adam Sanders Ode to my car lol. no? OK how about
HUM, Why I Like Robins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E443L0MB-3E
#34April 15th, 2009 · 11:53 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I just wanted to mention this for those who want to listen to songs, at somewhat better than youtube quality...

http://listen.grooveshark.com

you can go there and search any song you want and listen to it. its awesome.
#35April 15th, 2009 · 07:53 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Count me in....... 
I'm good for any guitar, bass, solos, piano, vocals etc
 I like Marino's song suggestions, but here's a couple to add,,,,,

"Cant find my way home"  by  Stevie Winwood  *has many places for harmonies and endless spots for solos

or maybe

"while my guitar gently weeps"  if youve heard Jeff Healy's version, that one as well can go on for awhile for a real decent jam collaboration!
Peace,
Da  ~  Fid
#36April 15th, 2009 · 08:02 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
You want something that will last for at least 8-10 minutes a s decent jam *If Need Be! ,,,, and both those songs I mentioned would do the trick,,,, or along those lines of the same type of song....  I think Denis's suggestion about "here comes the sun"   is just to quick and really not a collaborative jam effort type tune, although its easy. but so isnt while my guitar gently weeps...... very easy and could go for a half hour if you really wanted..... you could also change the song into parts..... one part being rock, the next with kind of a funk/blues, the next being acoustic melodic and on and on.... *just another suggestion to think about  *s
#37April 15th, 2009 · 08:20 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
while my guitar gently weeps is an awesome song (although ive only heard the beatles/clapton version).

so i vote while my guitar gently weeps and
sheep by pink floyd
#38April 16th, 2009 · 12:43 AM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
I'm down to play mandolin and/or vocals. Anythings good. On a more bluegrass end, I'd support You Ain't Going Nowhere by Dylan. Would work great with harmony which would be possible and could look cool with multiple videos each singing different voices. Or anything by Blood Sweat and Tears, Hi-De-Ho would be awesome.
#39April 16th, 2009 · 02:25 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I'm interested in contributing, but only if needed. This looks like fun, and could be quite a thing. Need a fiddler?

Oh yea, and I vote for Less Talk More Rokk by Freezepop       

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVIhIc_DfaM

if something gets going, email me? taka.bamp@gmail.com
#40April 16th, 2009 · 01:55 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
takaminerbb13 wrote…
I'm interested in contributing, but only if needed. This looks like fun, and could be quite a thing. Need a fiddler?

Oh yea, and I vote for Less Talk More Rokk by Freezepop       

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVIhIc_DfaM

if something gets going, email me? taka.bamp@gmail.com

taka your bleeding with talent. of course we need you!
#41April 16th, 2009 · 04:16 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Hiya Kunadiun bud...... 
 Yea  "while my guitar gently weeps" is an awesome song.... the only reason I mentioned Jeff Healy's version is because it is more up to date then the Beatles with Clapton on lead. You should youtube it sometime.... Healy of course had a way of really making that gitfiddle of his  cry and weep, I'm sure you know  the feeling *s
  It's simply awesome
  • we could use all musicians here who would like to participate... just to add to your last comment *S
 *Lets do it up folks!
#42April 16th, 2009 · 05:08 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
oh cool (i found a vid of him on google video).
man its totally weeping!

yeah i think this is gonna be really cooL! with a capital L...
#43April 16th, 2009 · 08:02 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Yes..... very cooL as you put it!   I think we as members should get together at a specific time and talk about this project more in depth..... you know deciding on which song we actually should do....... what kind of time frame, what we can all do to contribute etc etc... like setting up a day and time that is copacetic to all and meet here in the forum   *any comments on this, guys & gurls as well?
#44April 16th, 2009 · 10:03 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Updates on work load soon to come....just waiting to the end of the week to see if theres any last minute add ons..
From there we will go to the next step...
#45April 16th, 2009 · 11:46 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I realize this is somewhat off-topic...but you guys mentioned different artists who performed "While my guitar gently weeps".....sorry, but I just HAD to show this version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2U13_ZQ4qI&feature=related                                                                                                                                        

....and if you're thinking I'm honoring Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty with this video, you're mistaken this time! How about that weird guy in the red hat? Recognize him? Check out the look on George Harrison's son's face at one point in the video! Now THAT, friends, (imho) is Rock 'n Roll! (teehee!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:00 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.