1 2 3 4 5 6 7

#16April 12th, 2009 · 09:22 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Marino wrote…
Hmm don't wanna start on genre discussions..I guess what I meant to say is things like Zep,floyd, and others of the like are not for everyone...So who is our audience well if we are trying to do a piece that represents unity and what ever else I think something more general or ear friendly would touch many more...

K.... Classic rock is not the almighty force of the universe so get over it(lol)....Many here were listening to pink floyd before you were born so is not that I don't like it..Is not about liking or not ...(not insulting you K just making a point)

We are looking for something thats is easy to put together for everyone to participate.....period...the more 3 chord type the song is the more chances we have of having people on board.
Understand  ;)

ah yes ok. i see what your saying man...we want to appeal to a larger audience....lol you were probably listening to pink floyd waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before i was born. lol.

so...easy song....here comes the sun is kind of intermediate...at least the lead guitar is...
Helpless by Neil Young is D - A - G repeat.... (and then we can like add solo-ing and stuff or ad-libbing or something)...
Beautiful Day by U2?.....

im trying to think universal here...
#17April 13th, 2009 · 03:50 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Sorry M, I didn't mean Beautiful world, I meant Wonderful World : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnRqYMTpXHc

But it needs to be done , not discussed , threads in page 2 and 10 songs have been suggested.

We could have a mega mix......every one sends their own version of a different song to Eftos and he mixes it all up into ... something.

I do have a question about this video production thing , is it possible to make our own blue background (or is it red?) using just a sheet or a cloth?
#18April 13th, 2009 · 04:49 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Sorry M, I didn't mean Beautiful world, I meant Wonderful World : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnRqYMTpXHc

But it needs to be done , not discussed , threads in page 2 and 10 songs have been suggested.

We could have a mega mix......every one sends their own version of a different song to Eftos and he mixes it all up into ... something.

I do have a question about this video production thing , is it possible to make our own blue background (or is it red?) using just a sheet or a cloth?

Chroma key is the term used, best colour to use is green or blue, it is a certain shade of green/blue but doesn't have to be for the software to work.  The idea being is that those colours are opposite to skin colour as the software searches for the green/blue to be eliminated and replaced with a different image/video.  It's also a bit of an art, you have to have sufficient lighting.  If you go on u-tube, there are some excellent tutorials, also some cheap ways of lighting, that's where I learned from.  I made my lights form cheap builders floodlights, cheap PVC tubing and white fabric to make a diffuser.  I also got a sheet some chroma green fabric on eBay cheap. I think the whole project cost me around £50.00 Stirling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6brdwY-dvU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AarGKdG9jps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Vk_31hqvY

IMPORTANT

It will only work if you do your own chroma key video, hence the chroma key shades will differ and will not work using just one software, unless you have very expensive video software. I use Cyberlink Power director, I managed to get it very cheap about £10.00, I think it retails for £60.00, but you used to be able to download it on a trial basis. It's very easy to use too. Adobe is good, but quite hard to use

Denis
#19April 13th, 2009 · 04:59 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
How about we set up a competition to create a BandAMP song, just like the Rock & Roll one we did.  That would be awesome. That would set us up amongst the rest of the pigeons!!!!
It could even be a collab, why not!!

It's something we could all be proud of, who knows if we do a good job, BandAMP could become world famous, yes it's a dream, but a wonderful one in my eyes, and not impossible by no means to create!!

Denis
#20April 13th, 2009 · 07:08 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Denis wrote…
kings wrote…

Chroma key is the term used, best colour to use is green or blue, it is a certain shade of green/blue but doesn't have to be for the software to work.  The idea being is that those colours are opposite to skin colour as the software searches for the green/blue to be eliminated and replaced with a different image/video.  It's also a bit of an art, you have to have sufficient lighting.  If you go on u-tube, there are some excellent tutorials, also some cheap ways of lighting, that's where I learned from.  I made my lights form cheap builders floodlights, cheap PVC tubing and white fabric to make a diffuser.  I also got a sheet some chroma green fabric on eBay cheap. I think the whole project cost me around £50.00 Stirling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6brdwY-dvU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AarGKdG9jps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Vk_31hqvY

IMPORTANT

It will only work if you do your own chroma key video, hence the chroma key shades will differ and will not work using just one software, unless you have very expensive video software. I use Cyberlink Power director, I managed to get it very cheap about £10.00, I think it retails for £60.00, but you used to be able to download it on a trial basis. It's very easy to use too. Adobe is good, but quite hard to use

Denis

Well that isn't required I hope? I mean I was thinking more along the lines of people filming themselves in their natural habitat. I already had the idea of asking someone to film me while I do my part, sitting on my balcony. The only "cheat" I'll apply is probably playbacking my own recording while I'm being filmed, if you know what I mean.

I mean asking people to invest money in cloth and building stuff out of PVC, investing money for a piece of software hmmmmmmm I'm not so sure about that...
#21April 13th, 2009 · 07:24 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yes I'm with puppet....I think for the sake of getting it done...Lets keep it simple..The more organic the delivery the more likely it will be easier to put it all together(for all of us)..Lets do one very straight forward no competition ,no extra stuff,just us and the music being video taped as we perform it...Then if that works we can expand to other things but for now we should stayed focused on simplicity....It will be good practice for any extra project...

Basically this is it:
Choose the song
List your performance part(instrument and or vox)
thats it nothing else to it...
Simple enough..
#22April 13th, 2009 · 03:18 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
your totally right. we should stick simple...
after we do this video collab then we could do a bandamp song competition or whatever...that would be cool.
ok so here are my song suggestions:
Helpless by Neil Young    (quite easy chord arrangements)
Piano Man by Billy Joel (maybe? i dunno?) (im trying to think of unifying songs and stuff that most of everyone should like...so help me out here guys)
Dream On by Aerosmith? (everyone i know likes that song)
Come Together by The Beatles?
Space Oddity by David Bowie?
Sultans of Swing or Money for Nothing by Dire Straits?
Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam?
Paint it, Black by the Rolling stones?
The Spirit of Radio by Rush? (or Fly By Night or Freewill)
One by U2 (or beautiful day, or vertigo or sunday bloody sunday)
some song by the who? like...won't get fooled again or baba o'riley
Roundabout by Yes?
#23April 13th, 2009 · 03:51 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ok guys & girls, KIS it is 'Keep it simple'

This is my song Choice:

'Here comes the Sun'

I'll stick to what I'm best at, 'The Acoutic guitar', although I think where it goes 'Sun Sun Sun here it comes', we can all sing. Or if we choose another song have a part we all sing.

In order for the video to sync and edit properly, we need a backing track we can all play along to, Say Basic Drum Beat, Rhythm guitar and lead vocal, so it all sincs. Also very important as well as recording yourself on your own recording equipment for quality purposes it's important to record on the video. Then all you do is sync the wav on your video to the master soundtrack using video editing software.

I don't no how else we can do this.

Are there any other Amper out there who want to take part, it would be nice if can get at least Ten members taking part. I think we have five or six?
#24April 13th, 2009 · 03:56 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
putting all of these clips together and syncing them is gonna be a VERY large pain.
#25April 13th, 2009 · 04:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
putting all of these clips together and syncing them is gonna be a VERY large pain.

Yes I'm going to do it, and I have no problem doing it what so ever, you may have to be patient before it's completed. I'm not going to do a slap dash job. The hardest part if any is deciding what bits to put in.
I edited a recent  Holiday  video from 1 & half hours of video to 5mins, it was worth it.!!
#26April 13th, 2009 · 05:07 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
No worries peeps I have Cyberlink too no one is going to do this by themselves we are all helping so no worries...
Lets get the song decided and the members participating sorted out and we will then micro manage the process step by step....

Once we have the song and members sorted out we can divide into two or three teams working with the same audio guide track..and take it from there..Priority is who's in..I see many members giving ideas as far as song but not saying if there participating...
I might have to start to PM some people here.....
#27April 13th, 2009 · 05:42 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
awesome, good to see that you and denis will be working on editing it.
#28April 13th, 2009 · 05:45 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Jem our drummer bought some chroma material this week  from a recycle warehouse here , lotsa industrial and commercial art materials ,like boxes of wine cooler bladders for $10 filled with party helium and all silver .Whho hooo.
One of the interesting things about video  is that with annotations lke on youtube you can imbed links i suuppuse sort of watermark directing traffic to other stuff eg itunes and mobile phones .

Using a mac imovies  Ilife 09 the plugins are there to run the software withe green screen , jem shot a 5 sec tester just with a chair and it worked fine.
Lots a handy tuts on line re lighting and setup .
We are shooting videos now and intend just posting to youtube , getting my head around the new software but it's fun.
As for song count me in dunno what though
#29April 14th, 2009 · 04:41 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
No worries peeps I have Cyberlink too no one is going to do this by themselves we are all helping so no worries...
Lets get the song decided and the members participating sorted out and we will then micro manage the process step by step....

Once we have the song and members sorted out we can divide into two or three teams working with the same audio guide track..and take it from there..Priority is who's in..I see many members giving ideas as far as song but not saying if there participating...
I might have to start to PM some people here.....

Yeah PM members sounds like a good idea, I think this thread is going to weather away unless we make an effort to make members aware. I think being Easter a lot of members have been away from BandAMP.
#30April 14th, 2009 · 12:00 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
is there a way that someone could just send out one huge mass email to everyonne on bandamp, and get them to reply, or post in a thread if they want to join the collab or something?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 1:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.