1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#91April 23rd, 2009 · 01:37 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: Videoing yourself
Denis wrote…
Hey for those that do not have a video camera other than your mobile, most digital cameras have video and you can normally set it up on fine mode to get a decent recording.  If your camera does not have audio I suggest that when you video yourself, set up your recording device, and say clap 4 times in front of the camera, in doing so you will be able to near as dam it sync the video with your audio.

If it has not been mentioned yet to get the best results from your video please also record it on your recording device. You don't have to sinc it up if you don't know how to, basically depending on your video editing software you simply match the wav from the video audio and your recording device audio.  There again if you don't have the tools, I will do it. Oh and record it dry, in that way the reverb and any other effects I use will be the same, it will sound a lot better. you can add compression, but don't over do it.

Very cool! We've still a long way to go, but it's a good idea to express important points of the process.

I thought about the following - whatever song it's going to be, the best thing IMO is to have everyone record their part the whole song through. Meaninng that the final arrangement - when what part will sound - will be left to Denis. Well, that is, Denis is going to make the "community" mix, but I personally would love to attempt to mix the material aswell, and I'm sure some other people with video software would like to give it a try too. In any case, I'm certainly seing some video tracks appearing (re-emerging) the whole song through, not just 8 bars or repeating snippets.

Just wanted to say that...
#92April 23rd, 2009 · 03:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Videoing yourself
PuppetXeno wrote…
Denis wrote…
Hey for those that do not have a video camera other than your mobile, most digital cameras have video and you can normally set it up on fine mode to get a decent recording.  If your camera does not have audio I suggest that when you video yourself, set up your recording device, and say clap 4 times in front of the camera, in doing so you will be able to near as dam it sync the video with your audio.

If it has not been mentioned yet to get the best results from your video please also record it on your recording device. You don't have to sinc it up if you don't know how to, basically depending on your video editing software you simply match the wav from the video audio and your recording device audio.  There again if you don't have the tools, I will do it. Oh and record it dry, in that way the reverb and any other effects I use will be the same, it will sound a lot better. you can add compression, but don't over do it.

Very cool! We've still a long way to go, but it's a good idea to express important points of the process.

I thought about the following - whatever song it's going to be, the best thing IMO is to have everyone record their part the whole song through. Meaning that the final arrangement - when what part will sound - will be left to Denis. Well, that is, Denis is going to make the "community" mix, but I personally would love to attempt to mix the material as well, and I'm sure some other people with video software would like to give it a try too. In any case, I'm certainly seeing some video tracks appearing (re-emerging) the whole song through, not just 8 bars or repeating snippets.

Just wanted to say that...

There is no harm in us all having a go at producing the video, it doesn't have to be the one I produce, we can have a vote on who does the best one, it could be the BandAMP video Battle, or something like that. It will also be very entertaining for all of us. I think it's good to talk about these things now, it will help in the final process. Also, we could take the best of each Amper's production, although it probably will need some serious thought in producing it. Just ideas for now.
#93April 23rd, 2009 · 06:45 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
PX and Denis easy boys(lol).JK!!...first and most important is to narrow that wicked big list to one song...Once the song is chosen maybe all three of us can a have a small group discussion on how to move forward..I have some ideas I want to share with you guys for the pre production arrangement..Once the recordings and audios are done Its all about you guys..Of course I'm in for any back up and help....Anyways I'll get the list with all the songs ready saturday night so people can vote..
#94April 24th, 2009 · 09:24 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
I just wanted to say........ if there is anything I can do to help as far as video editing goes... I am willing to help. I can chop, create, enhance, edit, morph, convert,,,etc etc  basically I can do anything you'd like with video.... so if you need my services.... I'm in, ok?
 Fid
#95April 24th, 2009 · 02:11 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK so it's still not Saturday..... I have already suggested I want to break free by Queen and every one has to do their bit in drag ... with a hoover...lol

What about My Generation by the Who?   loads of chorus and fun repetitive bits to cut snippets of all the members in

And a really deep message .... my generation being all the generations here on bandAmp (and on the video)......

Just in case.....

People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation
This is my generation, baby

Why don't you all f-fade away (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
And don't try to dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to cause a big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation

And don't try to d-dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to cause a b-big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation

Just because we g-g-get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation
#96April 24th, 2009 · 03:19 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
oh dude yeah my generation by the who would be a great song! I'd vote for it.
#97April 24th, 2009 · 10:54 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Ok no more songs, list is ready.I might have skipped some songs but its a real big list still..I got songs from everyone..No one was left out... Expect a Pm tomorrow....I have to set some guidelines in order to minimize the list..Its huge so we might not get enough votes per song if everyone votes for there own suggestion..So ..yeah guidelines are needed..
#98April 25th, 2009 · 05:14 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
OK so it's still not Saturday..... I have already suggested I want to break free by Queen and every one has to do their bit in drag ... with a hoover...lol

What about My Generation by the Who?   loads of chorus and fun repetitive bits to cut snippets of all the members in

And a really deep message .... my generation being all the generations here on bandAmp (and on the video)......

Just in case.....

Just because we get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation

And don't try to dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to cause a big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation

And don't try to d-dig what we all s-s-say (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to cause a b-big s-s-sensation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation

Just because we g-g-get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

This is my generation

Yes we need some humor or something out of the ordinary, or some good acting, let's get creative, although I'm not sure about dressing up in drag with a vacuum cleaner lol, but hey yes dress-up. One thing I've noticed in attempts of others to do a video collab, people seem to just stay still, not much happening, so I would suggest that when we get in front of the Camera give some welly, express yourself to the extreme [you will be surprised at what difference it makes], give it large, have a laugh, let it all out.

Denis
#99April 25th, 2009 · 09:38 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I have everything ready to go just waiting on final check from PX...I sent him the copy for approval...
Sorry for the delay..
#100April 25th, 2009 · 10:00 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Marino wrote…
I have everything ready to go just waiting on final check from PX...I sent him the copy for approval...
Sorry for the delay..

I was out tonight, and I'm getting ready to go to bed, but I've seen the list and will cast my personal votes soon. I'll get an announcement up aswell and post the song list there too.

Please send your votes privately to Marino once you receive the song list!

The next step in the project will soon be taken.
#101April 30th, 2009 · 07:42 PM
3 threads
13 posts
United States of America
What can i do to help?
#102April 30th, 2009 · 08:35 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I think the deadline came for all those who can enter...but im not sure, youll have to ask marino
#103May 1st, 2009 · 05:30 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
The list of participants has been closed, sorry... We've already moved on to the next step etc.
#104May 1st, 2009 · 11:43 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yes Basix o9....Sorry my friend were on the song voting process..But in any case I do want to welcome you to the amp..Hope you get your recording set up and posted soon...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.