263 posts
United Kingdom
I'm in!

Vocals / Acoustic guitar
#47April 17th, 2009 · 11:19 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
sweet we got another one...sign em up marino!
#48April 17th, 2009 · 02:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
battlecat wrote…
I realize this is somewhat off-topic...but you guys mentioned different artists who performed "While my guitar gently weeps".....sorry, but I just HAD to show this version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2U13_ZQ4qI&feature=related                                                                                                                                        

....and if you're thinking I'm honoring Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty with this video, you're mistaken this time! How about that weird guy in the red hat? Recognize him? Check out the look on George Harrison's son's face at one point in the video! Now THAT, friends, (imho) is Rock 'n Roll! (teehee!)

Very cool link, cheers!
Like a few in the comments I also didn't realize Prince was such an amazing guitarist.
I've even seen him in Amsterdam, but he did all his popular chart stuff.

As for songs I really like Takas suggestion : Less Talk More Rokk      
#49April 17th, 2009 · 04:45 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Denis emailed me telling me to get in on this, so here I am!

If this is being done soon, then I can provide: vocals, steel-string acoustic guitar, harmonica (in C only, though I could transpose), kazoo, shakers, tambourine.

If this is being done over the summer, then I can provide: Everything above, plus electric guitar, classical/flamenco guitar sitar and potentially a harmonium and tablas.

I'm pretty good with rhythm, slide delta-style blues and grungy riffs on the guitar.  I can sing alright.  I'm quite proficient at using music software (though someone else might do better with a project this big).  I am proficient at video editing/effects.  On the harmonica, I can lay some blues riffs down pretty well.

On the harmonium/tablas, I can create a nice rhythm and beat in (I think, can't remember since I don't have it on me) Db (transposes very, very poorly) with an Indian flair that goes well with sitar.  Harmonium fills the sound scape up very well though, which is -not- what we want, though it's worth a try.

As for song choice, I'd prefer to do a cover of a song that is rarely covered and take a completely different spin on it.  I loved the suggestion for "When The Levee Breaks".  I'd add "Take On Me" by A-Ha, "Cream" by Prince, "In A Dream" by Badlands, "The Stone" by Dave Matthews Band, "Just Like Heaven" by The Cure, Anything by Frank Sinatra  and for anyone willing to go completely outrageous, let's do "Parisien Du Nord" by Cheb Mami and K-Mel.

[Edit] Suffered from a bit of premature submission...

I think it's important that people say a bit more than "vocals/guitar" because that way we'll be able to delegate roles a bit better.  There's no reason to (for example) give me lead guitar and Marino lead kazoo when he's a better lead guitarist than I am in a wide subset of musical genres.
[/Edit]
#50April 17th, 2009 · 05:50 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ok I can do lead guitar, electric rythm guitar, acoustic guitar, i can keep a pretty solid beat on drums, i can play the keyboard, and I can play bass. (im practcing singing so i could be in the background or something)
#51April 17th, 2009 · 06:49 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah we should do take on me!! But make it more of a rock version?

And forget my guitar part actually - theres already enough.
#52April 17th, 2009 · 10:26 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
avinashv wrote…
Denis emailed me telling me to get in on this, so here I am!

If this is being done soon, then I can provide: vocals, steel-string acoustic guitar, harmonica (in C only, though I could transpose), kazoo, shakers, tambourine.

If this is being done over the summer, then I can provide: Everything above, plus electric guitar, classical/flamenco guitar sitar and potentially a harmonium and tablas.

I'm pretty good with rhythm, slide delta-style blues and grungy riffs on the guitar.  I can sing alright.  I'm quite proficient at using music software (though someone else might do better with a project this big).  I am proficient at video editing/effects.  On the harmonica, I can lay some blues riffs down pretty well.

On the harmonium/tablas, I can create a nice rhythm and beat in (I think, can't remember since I don't have it on me) Db (transposes very, very poorly) with an Indian flair that goes well with sitar.  Harmonium fills the sound scape up very well though, which is -not- what we want, though it's worth a try.

As for song choice, I'd prefer to do a cover of a song that is rarely covered and take a completely different spin on it.  I loved the suggestion for "When The Levee Breaks".  I'd add "Take On Me" by A-Ha, "Cream" by Prince, "In A Dream" by Badlands, "The Stone" by Dave Matthews Band, "Just Like Heaven" by The Cure, Anything by Frank Sinatra  and for anyone willing to go completely outrageous, let's do "Parisien Du Nord" by Cheb Mami and K-Mel.

[Edit] Suffered from a bit of premature submission...

I think it's important that people say a bit more than "vocals/guitar" because that way we'll be able to delegate roles a bit better.  There's no reason to (for example) give me lead guitar and Marino lead kazoo when he's a better lead guitarist than I am in a wide subset of musical genres.
[/Edit]
Yo Avi..long time no see..Happy to have you on board...Ya all this will get sort it out..No worries we are taking this slow but we are doing it for sure come hell or high water...Just waiting to the end of the week to update who's in ,who's doing what and a song vote system so peeps rate the options from 1 to how many there listed 1 been the members first selection...Until songs start getting eliminated and we get down to the top 3 so then will do an open forum to work it out between members....I'll do this via Pm so there's no drama...Updates soon..
#53April 17th, 2009 · 10:48 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
oh boy cant wait!
keep us posted
#54April 18th, 2009 · 05:01 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
wow sounds interesting.. I would like to contribute but, I have no video camera at this time. Sounds like fun looking forwards to the final project.
#55April 18th, 2009 · 09:25 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
toastedgoat wrote…
wow sounds interesting.. I would like to contribute but, I have no video camera at this time. Sounds like fun looking forwards to the final project.

Not even a webcam? They're quite inexpensive...
#56April 18th, 2009 · 11:16 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…

You can use your cell phone [mobile], I hope you have one with a video. I've seen someone do a music video using one, it was really cool.
#57April 18th, 2009 · 12:47 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I thought I'd go on you tube to see what other collabs have been done this is the best I've seen so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCrznhF06sM

Ours will certainly be the largest amount of people taking part, well I think so anyway.
#58April 18th, 2009 · 03:07 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
wow after watching some of these other videos I'm really looking forward to this.

Denis,
When you go through and edit after the first time you should post it here to see what ideas others have before you do the final version and great idea using the cellphone to record the video.
#59April 18th, 2009 · 05:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
anodyne wrote…
wow after watching some of these other videos I'm really looking forward to this.

Denis,
When you go through and edit after the first time you should post it here to see what ideas others have before you do the final version and great idea using the cellphone to record the video.

I'll simply upload on you tube, or by what other means all the Ampers can view the video, then see what you all think, it will be easy to edit it and change, until we get a majority vote on the AMP, then leave the final cut accessable for all of you to download and do as you please.
I think PX will have it available on his web site to download.
#60April 18th, 2009 · 05:14 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ok we still need the song, believe it or not I don't know many covers, I played a lot of beatles songs when I first started to play, but one of my all time favourites to sing is 'Take it Easy' by the eagles.
So please Marino add this one to the list.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 8th, 2024 · 2:23 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.