#61November 16th, 2005 · 12:30 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
buzz wrote…
In the beggining there was the band..
and the band was ampless and without power
and on the 1st day entheon brought down the power and from the void
there came a watt..and the watt was good.
on the 2nd day entheon gave watt power over speaker.
and the speaker screamed its testament..and entheon saw it was good.

Oh, ha, ha, that's good. But you speak blasphemey! Thy Lord God is Mud, Entheon is His prophet and humble servant.

Glad to know someone could revive this thread
#62November 16th, 2005 · 01:32 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
oops
sorry lord mud.......guess im going to hell with gasoline drawers on
#63November 19th, 2005 · 09:36 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
A Prayer
Everywhere I go...

I bow at the altars
and sing praise to the mighty gift from mud called BandAMP
and I listen, o do I listen, and I read, o do I read, and I learn, o do I learn,
and I bow and sing praise to all who enter here, the Church of Ampism,
as they bow at the altars and sing their praise to the mighty gift of Life that gave them
their ability to play instruments, and sing, and write wonderful songs,
and deliver them to their fellow churchgoers at the Holy Shrine of the Amp,
so we can all listen, and read, and learn,
and sing praise to the skies and the earth and the wonderful thing that Music is,
and the wonderful digital altars that bring us closer together,
so we can chorus through the Church:
"Hail Ampism! Hail Ampism! Hail Ampism!"
and ofcourse not forget that we do have our studios to tend to,
so we can create, and contribute
to the First Reason why The Amp exists:
our loves, our hobbies, our ways of life...
our Music.

amen

... just thought I had to post my 200th here
#64November 20th, 2005 · 12:27 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
On the third day, Mud made the Keyboard , and it was good, but not enough.
On the fourth day, Mud made the Set, and it was good, but not enough.
On the fifth day, Mud made the Microphone, and it was good, but not enough.
On the sixth day, Mud made the Guitar, and it was good, but not enough.
On the seventh day, Mud made the Bass, and finally he was content with The Band.
#65November 24th, 2005 · 01:31 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
By the eighth day, Mud was pooped, so he sat down and had a beer and some potato chips. And the chips were heavily salted, and richly fried, and it was good to Mud. Thenceforth, his countenance was content, and with the great fatness of his countenance his countenance was made content. With the contentedness of his youth he rejoiced in the contentedness of his countenance, for fat was his countenance.
#66November 26th, 2005 · 01:03 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America

And the strings played, and the keyboard played, and the horns sand aloud the goodness of Lord Mud. And with great skill The Band played, but they felt discontent, so the band said, "We are lonely, for we have no driving beats with which to get down, and upon fathers and upon sons to the fourth generation, we have no beats with which to get down."

So it pleased Mud to create verily the Skilled Drummer (and to this day the Skilled Drummer is a rarity). So he took some rythm and funk from the Bass and mixed it with the percussive nature of the keyboards,  and The Band was complete, for they had a helper, who was not quite a musician, but a lot of fun.
#67November 26th, 2005 · 01:08 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America

But in that day, the Anti-Mud was spawned, and to The Band he said, "Your sound is fantastic, but Mud has withheld the secret to true musical mirth; to be truly fulfilled you must over-produce your music, add lots of sound effects, and if a track was poorly recorded, rather than try again, you must do some trippy reverse effects, and if you biff, yes truly, if you biff, indeed verily, if you biff the vocals, make them fuzzy and distorted like the White Stripes."
#68November 26th, 2005 · 01:28 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America

thou shalt not speak for thy lord mud nor write his scriptures for him unless you are deemed his prophet
#69November 26th, 2005 · 02:58 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
entheon wrote…

thou shalt not speak for thy lord mud nor write his scriptures for him unless you are deemed his prophet

DUDE!!!

freedom of speech is STILL a valued good!
#70November 26th, 2005 · 05:33 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America

this is not a democracy, this is a game

#71November 27th, 2005 · 05:38 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany

Let's always have a gospel song in mind
#72November 27th, 2005 · 01:32 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
leVee, the Set was made on the Fourth day. Set= Drum Set. And, They Lord Mud would never  such falsities as you have spoken! the secret of music has been revealed to all, but only those who are wise enough to interpret it know how to do it. It is of course the complete opposite of your speakings; perfect your music instead of covering up the imperfections.

Therefore I appeal to the Prophet Entheon to put leVee on trial for his false phrophesizing of false musical theory and falsely accusing the Set and Drummer of not being true musicians.
#73November 28th, 2005 · 01:08 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Okay...Maybe I'm overly sensitive to conflict, but I think I might be seeing a split in the church. Those who have been led astray by false prophets, you must repent and turn from your wicked ways...or you will be cast into the sea of unforgetfulness, where one hit wonders and no hit amusements will play continuiously, i.e. Livadream.
#74November 28th, 2005 · 02:02 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Okay Oldies234... I corrected te drums thing...

but did you even notice who was speaking of musical theory? it was Anti-Mud (i.e., a Satan character)

the whole thing was not hard to follow... a spoof on the Garden of Eden story... the Anti-Mud (Satan) tempts The Band (Adam and Eve) with something Mud (God) has withheld. The Anti-Mud's theories on music are of course false, and Mud is too good to withhold anything good.

So, since you missed the whole point, I hereby declare that you, Oldies234, are put on trial for being a humorless idiot.

(just trying to revive a thread with a lot of potential Entheon... and Oldies234, try reading my "scriptures" slowly. Let me know if I used too many big words.)
#75November 28th, 2005 · 04:15 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
just to be on the blitherin safe side:

Writing prayers is by all means, and by any, allowed. for man, woman, layman, priest, priestess, prophet and god alike. for prayers are communications from man to man, from man to god, from individuals to themselves.
whether god will listen, or man will obey, is entirely up to the free will of any - man, woman, layman, priest, priestess, prophet and god alike.
only thing is that some hold ban buttons and others don't.

I like this size thing btw
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.