1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#106September 12th, 2005 · 04:05 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hahahah that makes me happy!  wow.. i have posted a lot...  i hardly noticed until you said something entheon!  man, it doesn't feel like i've posted that much more than i have been before recently..

*shrugs*  not gonna argue--!

woah, daveuk is riveling entheon for posts now!  he went nuts yesterday on the audioreview forum
#107September 12th, 2005 · 07:51 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
No, no, no. We're are supposed to sing "We are the Champions" for TLS, remember?
#108September 12th, 2005 · 07:57 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Yeah, it just took me about three hours to go thru the Audio Review. I thought I was keeping up...and most of those 3 hours were spent listening to about 10 secs of MOST of the songs. JK, no really, there are some pretty good songs.
#109September 12th, 2005 · 08:47 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
yeah, well..

i should still get a prize i just KNOW entheon will read this and have something dreadful planned for my "prize."  darn him and his sense of humor my prize will be.. like... figuring out the best way to re-coding bandamp for him.  ..or something equally as painful 
#110September 13th, 2005 · 06:32 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Hey, TLS, I saw on another thread you were working with Kristal. I'm using it too and I'm having some trouble with reverb in my vocals. Last night I sang underneath my computer desk trying to get some kind of reverb . I have a pre-amp/mixer combo but it doesn't have reverb and I use a Samson condenser mic for an intimate feeling but it doesn't allow any room for making mistakes, which reverb, if done right, can cover a multitude of sins. Any suggestions and I'm even open to redoing everything in another program because I want it to be perfect.
#111September 13th, 2005 · 11:17 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Last night I sang underneath my computer desk trying to get some kind of reverb

hahahah!!  hooo....  that made today worth getting up for.  thank you for sharing.  that's awesome.

i'm toyed with kristal a bit, true.  i normally use audacity though.  anyway, audacity doesn't have a good plugin for reverb, and besides, it's not live manipulation like kristal.

i dunno how much you know about the interface, so to best serve anybody who reads this, i put it in very simple terms and took the liberty to explain everything.  i don't mean to insult your intelligence at all   i'm just trying to save any confusion.

anyway, try using the "kristalmultidelay" plugin.  it should come standard.  when playing with the settings on the plugin, make sure the far left knob set is on " > In 1 " and not " > *** "  or something else.  click on it to change it.

make sure the green "synch" light is on just under that.  again, click on it to activate the light.  make sure it's the only "synch" light that is on, otherwise you'll be blindly adding random other echo effects.

the "time" knob is for setting the delay time for the echo to come in on.  obviously, it's a repeating interval, so you'll want to pick something not too long (because it'll sound like you're in a mountain range)  but you don't want to crank it all the way left either, unless you decide that's what you want

the "feedback" knob is similar to the "decay" rate that other programs use.  basically, the further to the right that you spin the feedback knob, the longer your echo / reverb will hang around.  when put to the right, the number just under this knob approaches the number 1.  basically, the "feedback" knob is going to analyze the sound, and then echo it at the "time" knob's interval, but the strength of the echo is determined by this feedback knob.  it's a multiplier.  so if "feedback" is at 1, then your sound is going to studder a lot because it's echoing the noise, but the echo's volume is " ( previous echo volume ) * 1.000 ".  this will cause a horrid studdering noise that only gets louder and louder but, if "feedback" were set to .2 instead, you'd get a much more rapid fade out of the echo, because it's doing " ( previous echo volume ) * 0.200 ).

anyway, in order to achieve a good reverb sound and not a cheesey echo, you want to balance the "time" knob at a reasonable low value, with the "feedback" reasonably low as well.  with a low feedback and a low repeat interval, you get a smoother sound.

all the "volume" knob will do is mix the "echo" into the original sound input.  so, if you were to set the "volume" knob all the way left (at 0.000 ) then you'll only hear the original sound input and NO echoes.  if "volume" is at 1.000, then you'll hear the echo at it's highest strength.

i've achieved good effects here by setting the main vocal channel's first effect to the "Kristalizer" which will act like a compressor, and then set the second effect to the "KristalMultiDelay."  the use of the "Kristalizer" effect is up to you, and it's not related to the outcome of the echo at all, except that the "Kristalizer" effect will happen first, and THEN the "KristalMultiDelay"

sry, that was a bit long-winded.  hope that helps!
#112September 13th, 2005 · 12:55 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Hey, now! Don't laugh at my expense(although it was pretty funny). I would have tried the bathroom, but I think it might be to echo-ie and my cable won't reach that far.
Thanks for your post, I like start to finish directions.
I tried it and I also found KristalReverb...for anyone who cares...you can toggle with room size, width, and wet and dry levels. The multidelay and reverb can't be used together though. I do believe I like the KristalMultiDelay better than the KristalReverb, but probably bc I'm not sure how to set the reverb controls.
Anyway. Thank you very much, the vox sound SO MUCH BETTER!
#113September 14th, 2005 · 03:47 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
haha, glad i could help!  i think i acutally learned a thing or two about kristal myself when writing the post
#114September 14th, 2005 · 06:50 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Yeah, later last night I kept working around with it and you can use them together, one in fx1 and one in fx2, obviously. Kristal is pretty well laid out, I think. I like that I can cut and paste so easily. It's so funny though, because I have my bandamp window open and my kristal window open and I keep going back and forth, and then changing everything when I see a good post.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 18th, 2024 · 10:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.