1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

#31August 30th, 2005 · 10:25 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
lol, or the Spicegirls, yeah they came over across the sea from your way, I believe.
#32August 30th, 2005 · 10:26 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
dang it!  don't give me bands with websites like that!  i'm at work, dang it

i go to check it out and see who it is and i get lightly-clad women on my computer screen.  hoooh, yah--makes me look like i'm working hard out here, haha
#33August 30th, 2005 · 10:28 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
lol, you typed in a wrong letter on purpose
#34August 30th, 2005 · 10:30 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
no i didn't--!  i had never heard of them, and i typed it thinking i knew how to spell it.  that's the ONLY time i regretted pushing the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.

ooh, the irony.
#35August 30th, 2005 · 10:31 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
lol lol lol oh god
#36August 30th, 2005 · 11:08 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
what was that - the cheaky girls? 

they were rejected in the first round by x factor (like pop idol - i believe you got that from us too ... sorry ) but some label signed them as a novelty act and they were really sucessful.

and sorry for geting you in trouble at work.
#37August 30th, 2005 · 11:16 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
nah, no big deal.  it wasn't really getting me into "trouble", it just would have looked funny if a faculty member i know would have walked by
#38August 30th, 2005 · 11:23 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
NO the SpiceGirls, Dave, haven't you heard of them
"I'll tell ya what I want, what I really really want.
So tell me what you want, what you really really want
I wanna, somethin somethin somethin zinga say ahh????" I think
No I don't think- I know, because I'm listening to them right now hehe
#39August 30th, 2005 · 11:32 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
yeah i know all about the spice girls.  their my childhood mate (we all had a different one that we fancied!  )

no - i was answering TLS about the website he went on at work.

yeah, the spice girls sucked something cronic!  on behalf of every british person everywhere, i sincerly apologise.

anyways - enough of how much british music bites ... can anyone think of a british band/artist to hit america that you actually like?

and i'll get in first and say the beatles so you guys have to think harder !  hehe
#40August 30th, 2005 · 05:10 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
hey, hey now don't start an American v British band war...but if you must
Metallica
Nirvana
Guns N Roses
Jimi Hendrix
Van Halen
Aerosmith
Simon and Garfunkle (who's that BT?)
#41August 30th, 2005 · 09:39 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
yeah - thats the problem with USA vs UK music wars - you guys ALWAYS win!  and quite rightly so!  almost all my favourite bands/arists are american.  i think the beatles and the police are pretty much all we have to be proud of!
#42August 31st, 2005 · 03:55 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
I'm sorry, CC... you listed great American bands and included GNR? wow.
what criteria are we using here: fame, or artistic stickability?
Cause I know that the Tragically Hip and Sarah McLachlan and Alanis Morrissette are all Canadian and have done fairly well south of the border, but I don't think much of their musical greatness. Barenaked Ladies have had some shining moments (earlier rather'n later, mind you)...
But if we're talking artists, then I think of Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Bruce Cockburn, Neil Young, maybe even Paul Anka (certainly the Tonight Show theme made him immortal)... as well as the Guess Who (wait... isn't there a song they wrote about you, CC?)

BT
#43August 31st, 2005 · 04:05 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Hey, I love GNR. Axl was my first crush!
They had good lyrics. One of my favorite songs is still November Rain.
Sarah and Alanis deserve more credit than you give them. BTW-you must have a camera on me bc I just finished a post about Alanis.
Uh, Barenaked ladies, who's that?
And Guess Who did write a song about me though I'm not sure which one...they were SO not worth my time.
#44August 31st, 2005 · 04:13 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Uh, Barenaked ladies, who's that?

*gasp*  BLASPHEMY!

haha, just kidding, i like some of their songs, but they don't stand out to me as a favorite band or anything
#45August 31st, 2005 · 04:15 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
I have a thing against Alanis because she went to my rival highschool in Ottawa (where?), and we all still remember her when she was just "Alanis" doing bubblegum pop... ugh. And I did like Sarah for a while - before she ever made it in the US... in fact, I introduced her to a friend of mine in OKCOK in `96 and I think she flipped and played her for all her friends... so I actually think Sarah owes me some money or props or something... but eventually you get to feel like there's only so much melancholy you can take. It's sort of a joke with her in Canada that way... she's like the soundtrack to our adolescent angst.
ya, I just saw you post that thing about Alanis, right after I posted here... what the hell's going on??

OH, and Get To Work (you aren't being paid to believe in the power of your dreams - http://www.despair.com/gettowork.html).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 18th, 2024 · 10:52 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.