1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

#76September 2nd, 2005 · 08:06 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
And what is considered "deep" south, in a swamp where we eat possum?

hehe, no, but that would be funny.  i meant states that are traditionally more southern in light of geography.  for instance, areas like missouri or kentucky aren't as "deep" as louisiana or mississippi.  that's all i meant.

What cd project?

we're putting together a cd to send to radio stations that have agreed to take a look and maybe play something from it.  there's a thread in the "ideas" forum if you're interested in reading a little bit.  anyway, the jist of it is that we've pulled together tracks from bandamp and i'm shelling money out like mad trying to help it happen.
#77September 2nd, 2005 · 08:32 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
wow ... thats a lot of oppinions in one post!  i dont know where to start

so i wont.

BTW, a prat is just an insulting term for a person you dont like ... its not rude enough to be considered swearing, but its also quite a lot stronger than "you twit" or "you nasty, nasty person"!!
#78September 2nd, 2005 · 08:33 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
thats awesome TLS - have you arranged it all then?
#79September 2nd, 2005 · 08:42 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
mostly.  i'm trying to fix up the graphics right now.  i have a shipment of the cd coming to me within the next few business days.  from there, i'll be taking it and printing all the stuff somewhere.  i'm hoping to have it all done by the end of next week.

(i better have it done by then!  i don't have much longer!  3 weeks and 2 days before i leave everything for 2 years!!)
#80September 2nd, 2005 · 08:58 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
woo!  i htink this is the first thread to hit 6 pages 

hey, dave, i dunno when you'll see this, but do me a favor and check out this song that i just posted.  i'm curious what you think of it.  it's horribly incomplete, and this version won't hardly resemble the one that i'll be recording soon.

anyway, be open minded about the recording quality and the semantics, like the awful transitions out of the chorus and bridge

There's Irony in Irony crap version
#81September 2nd, 2005 · 10:25 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
man things move fast around here. woo.

Okay, so I apologize if things I said caused offense. I agree that it must be insanely hard to run a country. Let alone a globe.

Viz. gas prices, they've shot up 30% around here too... and my wife and I are reeling because we saw this freaky documentary (http://www.endofsuburbia.com/) in the spring about how gas prices will just contyinue to rise and rise, and that there will be a breaking point very soon where our demand outweighs our supply. Well, looks like with Katrina this came a little earlier than most anticipated...

I honestly think that we're kinda screwed from here on in. I personally am talking seriously with my wife about how to pare down our travelling by getting jobs closer to home and trying to start buying vegetables and meat from local farmers... sounds like kooky stuff, I suppose, but mark my words it will become the norm in the not-too-distant future, when cars are driven only by the very wealthy and the world is forced to go back to micro-economics. They call it "reverse globalization," and it holds a lot of water.
#82September 2nd, 2005 · 10:52 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i believe it.  i'm being fairly cautious about how much driving i have to do to reduce the costs, and my family has always had tradition to have 2-years worth of food storage.

it comes in handy
#83September 2nd, 2005 · 10:57 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Exactly, BT, it will force many American bereaucratic businesses to go back to the drawing board.
Shout out to BT for the longest thread!
#84September 2nd, 2005 · 11:29 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
so is this really the end of life as we know it?

its really hard for me to gauge the impact of katrina - i dont know anyone anywhere near it, i've only seen a coupla little snippets of video footage on the internet and the News on TV.  its wierd - i feel a million miles away from it.

TLS - ive posted on your song.  i hope what i said makes sence, and im really flattered that my oppinion matters enough to you for you to want me to listen to it specifically.
#85September 2nd, 2005 · 11:40 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
technically, I think you're actually only about 5000 miles from it.

I know what you mean about guaging how big this thing is, though... I'm this side of the Atlantic but still easily about 3000 kms (sorry... we're metric here. rebels!) north of what happaned, so I checked online, and even Al Jazeera has this as their headline story, which is wild. I think ti will get bigger and bigger over the next couple of weeks as we start to see how high the toll is.

I wondered today, though, is there any way of getting all that water out of there short of just letting it evaporate? I mean, we're talking millons of cubic litres (/gallons), right? I heard that New Orleans is actually sinking because of rising sea levels, and that what is now the Louisiana wetlands was once akin to the Great Plains... is it possible then that this will turn into an Atlantis?

BT

(yay long thread! Thanks CC!)
#86September 2nd, 2005 · 11:41 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hehe, well, i just read the post, randomdave.  i unerstand what you mean about not being able to comment on it too much.  that's fine. i'm not offended or anything, but i at least wanted to have you listen to it.  i wanna record that beast tuesday or something

i want to thouroughly "fix" my song "for what it's worth, i hated the rain" song's vocals, but i'm not feeling very modivated to do that one right now. i'd rather play with that Irony one.

we shall see

katrina was far away even for me, and i felt 2 and a half days worth of rain out of it.. but now that other effects are showing their ugly faces, i'm not sure what'll happen.  i think katrina has actually caused more estimated damage than any of the other US hurricanes have so far in history.

and yes, new orleans is actually below sea level.  it was anyway, before the hurricane, but i'm sure new orleans will never be a big place anymore.

i'm not saying it's the end of the world, but hey, i doubt things'll be the same for the US now.  it's going to put more pressure for drilling in Alaska and i can almost gaurentee that we'll start doing stuff in iraq for oil or something, and I'm almost certain that THAT will make all the democratic-party members try to nail bush and be like "ah ha!  we KNEW that's what you after."

*sigh*  i hope the end of the world happens rather soon that way, i won't have to deal with living in such a chaotic world anymore, hehe.

nah, i'm happy to be alive and everything.  i'm not a suicidal or anything. 
#87September 2nd, 2005 · 11:53 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
It hits home for me because I'm in hurricane a prone zone on the East coast. THe flooding is the worst part of a hurricane. Unfortunately, New Orleans can't pump the water out because they don't have electricity. They have pumped it out before, though.
Hey I'm not democratic and I believe that's what he wanted. And trust me America has been in Iraq for a long time trying to get their oil.
#88September 2nd, 2005 · 12:26 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
well, there's some truth to that, but i can't go so far to believe that the main reason we decided to go after iraq with military force was to get oil
#89September 2nd, 2005 · 12:45 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
i think it was a definate consideration, but i dont buy into the conspiracy theory.  i think that the bush/blair collaboration saw iraq'a oil as a way for iraq to fund its own reconstruction.  if we invaded (purely for example) north korea then WE would have to find the money to rebuild it after the war, simply because north korea has no natural resources to financial back the reconstruction.  in iraq on the other hand, they have a built-in piggy bank that we could use to undo the inevitable damage of war.

TLS - why are you feeling disenchanted about redoing the vocals?
#90September 2nd, 2005 · 12:54 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i dunno   it's just that my attention is grabbed more by the Irony song right now.  it's not that i don't like the I Hated the Rain one, i just have to bounce back and forth from song to song to keep my interest piqued.  i'll redo that one soon enough

heh, i've still got the very first song that i wrote, completely unrecorded!  i'll get it done someday..
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 5:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.