1 2 3 4 5 6
#76March 12th, 2011 · 04:16 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
battlecat wrote…
Denis wrote…
Option Two is clean cut. As the album is for life, if after the three years, any artist/participant not wishing to renew the agreement, their portion of monies to be given to bandAMP for maintenance or prizes. Although I believe in order for this to happen a treasurer needs to be appointed.

Or the agreement could just be annual - As it is unlikely the album will make substantial profit due to no marketing etc, I think most members will offer the money to bandAMP

Option two, the way I see it, would mean there would be no more income to manage, as all operations have ceased.

You've got a point about the annual agreement - that might be more practical - however, it does mean you or somebody would have to really stay on top of it and start this whole process (of contacting the participants, presenting an agreement, having them review it and getting their signatures) again in 6 months or 9 months or whatever - just as long as it's done before the existing agreement runs out. That's a lot of maintenence, it seems to me.

We could have a clause saying that unless members give one months written notice to terminate the agreement to expire not less than the end date, the contract becomes a statutory periodic agreement. So that means only one agreement required for album.
#77March 12th, 2011 · 04:23 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
If there's a sudden slot available (you never know if someone won't show up) I have remixed Velvet Feathers about a month ago, so there it is.

> Iszil

I know there is one slot available now, there are two other members who have not confirmed they want to be on the album. I wanted to nominate one of Battlecats songs, for his efforts.
This one
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4723.html

How long is Velvet Feathers

Cheers

Denis
#78March 12th, 2011 · 02:16 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Denis wrote…
Iszil wrote…
If there's a sudden slot available (you never know if someone won't show up) I have remixed Velvet Feathers about a month ago, so there it is.

> Iszil

I know there is one slot available now, there are two other members who have not confirmed they want to be on the album. I wanted to nominate one of Battlecats songs, for his efforts.
This one

Cheers

Denis

5:40.
I guess that's a bit too long for the album so nevermind.
Use my song as last option

> Iszil.
#79March 12th, 2011 · 02:56 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
Denis wrote…
Iszil wrote…

> Iszil

This one

Cheers

Denis

5:40.
I guess that's a bit too long for the album so nevermind.
Use my song as last option

> Iszil.

It's early days, once we've agreed on the contract, we'll find out who is still in, it's only fair we leave it open for all to be considered including your song 
#80March 13th, 2011 · 12:12 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Denis wrote…
battlecat wrote…
Denis wrote…
Option Two is clean cut. As the album is for life, if after the three years, any artist/participant not wishing to renew the agreement, their portion of monies to be given to bandAMP for maintenance or prizes. Although I believe in order for this to happen a treasurer needs to be appointed.

Or the agreement could just be annual - As it is unlikely the album will make substantial profit due to no marketing etc, I think most members will offer the money to bandAMP

Option two, the way I see it, would mean there would be no more income to manage, as all operations have ceased.

You've got a point about the annual agreement - that might be more practical - however, it does mean you or somebody would have to really stay on top of it and start this whole process (of contacting the participants, presenting an agreement, having them review it and getting their signatures) again in 6 months or 9 months or whatever - just as long as it's done before the existing agreement runs out. That's a lot of maintenence, it seems to me.

We could have a clause saying that unless members give one months written notice to terminate the agreement to expire not less than the end date, the contract becomes a statutory periodic agreement. So that means only one agreement required for album.
I'm afraid I'm not sure I understood that - could you elaborate?
#81March 13th, 2011 · 02:25 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Actually my paper is still waiting to be signed by a witness and then to be sanned and mailed to Denis.
1 2 3 4 5 6
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:45 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.