1 2 3 4 5 6

#31March 6th, 2011 · 03:58 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
oooh

emotional reactions to rational problems always lead to negative outcomes... Denis' effort in pulling this project together is masterful... Yet cats point is valid.. Although I think we can trust the good will and efforts of all the people involved in regards to supporting eachother would problems arise, there is no legal guarantee (there never really is), and such should be in the disclaimer. I don't think this stumbling block should be fatal

baverach wrote…
what he said

yes, verily...
#32March 6th, 2011 · 04:01 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
hmm! ... it's become a long and complicated post.....
I understand what bc means with Denis assuming that all responsibility lies with bandamp.com moderators.
Though I do think Denis is just trying to cover one of those corners a lot of people dwell on these days ... the continuation of their online 'presence' as time inevitably goes by.
He is just trying to say "I'm looking after it now but if something happens to me bandamp.com can choose a new administrator for this project" .... and there's nothing wrong with that.
It could have been put forwards for open discussion first or maybe it's something that does not have to be there at all.

It's the money...again !!! that's the problem .... listen, all that's going on is that Denis is uploading a load of bandamp.com resident songs on to another site as a complete album ... it only gets complicated when we have to sell the fucking thing!

So what went right with the Vol I ? Because it was for charity ?

So upload the songs ... a written consent by participant members in a post on this site should be enough ....
but give them a charities Pay Pall number ..... that is if it's not possible to set up a central bandamp.com account .... no of course not, it gets to complicated ... see !

Give it to charity wtf does it matter ? We all uploaded or songs here to simply get them heard .... and that's the whole idea the whole time, agreement or not..... you'll make your money with the interviews and gigs once you've been discovered ..........................    
#33March 6th, 2011 · 04:18 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
The interesting thing to see is : everyone is wright with his statement.
 I´m asking myself : is  one of us honestly in hope to make the "big money" with a compilation ?
I´m sure nobody here depends on 5 bucks in half a year .
The ego??  Mmmhh. I´m not sure about that reason . If I´d do it ( explicit )for my ego (of course a tiny bit  ) I´d be looking for other ways to become famous .
#34March 6th, 2011 · 05:05 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Im In
Im good with this , Denis...And Kings made a good point. Once the album  is a go & up for sale etc... then it should be final. No songs should be deleted ...it is what it is...I will get you a signed copy asap....Good work Denis....
#35March 6th, 2011 · 05:14 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
I understand what bc means with Denis assuming that all responsibility lies with bandamp.com moderators.
Though I do think Denis is just trying to cover one of those corners a lot of people dwell on these days ... the continuation of their online 'presence' as time inevitably goes by.
He is just trying to say "I'm looking after it now but if something happens to me bandamp.com can choose a new administrator for this project" .... and there's nothing wrong with that.
It could have been put forwards for open discussion first or maybe it's something that does not have to be there at all.

It's the money...again !!! that's the problem .... listen, all that's going on is that Denis is uploading a load of bandamp.com resident songs on to another site as a complete album ... it only gets complicated when we have to sell the fucking thing!

So upload the songs ... a written consent by participant members in a post on this site should be enough ....
but give them a charities Pay Pall number ..... that is if it's not possible to set up a central bandamp.com account .... no of course not, it gets to complicated ... see !

Give it to charity wtf does it matter ? We all uploaded or songs here to simply get them heard .... and that's the whole idea the whole time, agreement or not..... you'll make your money with the interviews and gigs once you've been discovered ..........................     ;)

Thank you kings, this is exactly why I put this in the agreement.
I did this project for the LOVE of doing it and the community and friendship I have. It's something that we can pass onto our family and generations to come, so at least in our families eyes they can look back and find a quality musician.
I'm sorry for pulling out, there is one thing I can't handle is POLITICS and ADMIN

Here is a reality check for all you egotist's - this is a print screen of how many sales bandAMP Vol I has made over 377 days.

If it's so simple then hopefully one of you guys can volunteer to tie the baby up.
#36March 6th, 2011 · 05:25 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Check your Gmail account. I sent the Authorization application...Signed, Sealed & Delivered
#37March 6th, 2011 · 06:26 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Why if it sold 5 copies the income is just $4.34?
#38March 7th, 2011 · 02:42 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…

Here is a breakdown, Note I had an album on this site and withdrew it, the $1.05 is from my own album, all the other sales are form bandAMP Vol 1 - It's one of the reasons why I withdrew it only to show bandamp sales, hence I've transferred my albums to routenote.com as it is free.
I've also cancelled the agreement on bandAMP I which comes up for renewal soon, I don't want to pay the renewal fee, so will transfer it onto routenote.com where it is free, wghen I do I'll set-up a bandAMP production account to keep the transactions separate.
#39March 7th, 2011 · 10:23 AM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Just wanted to second all that Kings said.  This has become a complicated thread and I guess it should be. Everyone has had a valid point in this and as a musician I guess I just concentrate on the love of the music and I sometimes forget that there are leagal issues and technicalities that surround a project like this.
I don't think anyone expects to be famous from this or at least I'd hope not. For me it's not about money or fame or ego, it's about the song writing, the personal pleasure I get from working on them, and the exposure to and feedback from the members here at BandAmp.
I am honored to be on the list but if it came down to limited space on the server then I'd be the first to volunteer to give up my song in favor of the other excellent tracks on this album....SA

kings wrote…

Give it to charity wtf does it matter ? We all uploaded or songs here to simply get them heard .... and that's the whole idea the whole time, agreement or not..... you'll make your money with the interviews and gigs once you've been discovered ..........................     ;)
#40March 7th, 2011 · 01:50 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Denis wrote…
Isl wrote…

Here is a breakdown, Note I had an album on this site and withdrew it, the $1.05 is from my own album, all the other sales are form band AMP Vol 1 - It's one of the reasons why I withdrew it only to show ban damp sales, hence I've transferred my albums to route note.com as it is free.
I've also can celled the agreement on band AMP I which comes up for renewal soon, I don't want to pay the renewal fee, so will transfer it onto route note.com where it is free, Gen I do I'll set-up a band AMP production account to keep the transactions separate.

Sorry but the picture is too small.
Anyway, I just wondered what kind of sales we made. Maybe if we sold certain artists we could focus on putting more songs in the same style of those artists, or something like that, in case you really care about selling Amp II. Otherwise just have fun we it.
Your work here Denis is still very much appreciated.

> Iszil
#41March 7th, 2011 · 02:27 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
Denis wrote…
Isl wrote…

Here is a breakdown, Note I had an album on this site and withdrew it, the $1.05 is from my own album, all the other sales are form band AMP Vol 1 - It's one of the reasons why I withdrew it only to show ban damp sales, hence I've transferred my albums to route note.com as it is free.
I've also can celled the agreement on band AMP I which comes up for renewal soon, I don't want to pay the renewal fee, so will transfer it onto route note.com where it is free, Gen I do I'll set-up a band AMP production account to keep the transactions separate.

Anyway, I just wondered what kind of sales we made. Maybe if we sold certain artists we could focus on putting more songs in the same style of those artists, or something like that, in case you really care about selling Amp II. Otherwise just have fun we it.

> Iszil

Re uploaded the pic. To answer your question, all the downloads are single tracks, hence you have a choice, if you order the album it works out cheaper, also the price varies between each seller, iTunes is generally more expensive, it's amazing how they get away with it.

Iszil, the only way we can sell more is by marketing, gigging, promoting, advertising....... Then it's up to the public if they like it or not. 

Do not let this put you off marketing your own album Iszil, if you want to succeed and get yourself noticed, just do it - GET YOURSELF HEARD 
#42March 7th, 2011 · 04:50 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Denis wrote…
Iszil wrote…
Denis wrote…
Isl wrote…

> Iszil

Re uploaded the pic. To answer your question, all the downloads are single tracks, hence you have a choice, if you order the album it works out cheaper, also the price varies between each seller, iTunes is generally more expensive, it's amazing how they get away with it.

Iszil, the only way we can sell more is by marketing, gigging, promoting, advertising....... Then it's up to the public if they like it or not. 

Do not let this put you off marketing your own album Iszil, if you want to succeed and get yourself noticed, just do it - GET YOURSELF HEARD  ;)

Oh, no! You know, I never related this with what I intend to do when I make my own album... until you just mentioned.
However I'm not really sure how I will promote it. I have no clue what to do so I'll just upload it in some sites like you do and see how it goes. Plus giving a few copies to my former teachers from when I studied music. Also showing it in other music communities I participate.
That's all I have in mind.

> Iszil

PS: Sorry for the off-topic.
#43March 8th, 2011 · 01:47 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Seems the baby´s died  before it´s been born .  
#44March 8th, 2011 · 05:22 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Why that?
I don't understand this discussion and (sorry) I did not read the entire thread. Denis is doing a great work and has shown big efforts in this project. Thank you Denis so far. Until today I didn't sign the agreement but that's not the problem of Bandamp. I simply forgot to do that. It's still a fantastic idea to promote a Bandamp album. But all of us can't expect to become rich one day by publishing this album. And if someone really is interested in my track and pays for that, so why not. Do I need THIS money what is nice to have? Maybe I would spend for some prizes to win in the battles (if they would work properly one day). Bandamp is a non-commercial site! We all are amateurs and home recorders except a handful of members who have the ability to do more with their musical skills.
For me it's a matter of community, of family, of social cohesion. This gets lost in my eyes.
Anyway....
...sad to read all the feelings and opinions coming up between the words written above. Again I do not understand this discussion.

Should I still sign in to the project????????

@Denis: gigging is a good prompt! Why not come together and start gigging?

My questions are:
Do we need an official committee to steer Bandamp's intents? Not everything can be done or is decidable via internet. On the other hand we leave it as it is and the community goes it's way and act as nothing has ever happened.
#45March 8th, 2011 · 05:51 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
re: Why that?
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
For me it's a matter of community, of family, of social cohesion. This gets lost in my eyes.
Anyway....
...sad to read all the feelings and opinions coming up between the words written above. Again I do not understand this discussion.

Should I still sign in to the project????????
Exactly THAT´S it . Because of this (for me ) strange discussion.
When this project was started I was relatively "fresh" on this forum and I felt honered to be elected into the project . Thought it would become a thing of idealism , fun , friendship ( if possible via net) and the enthusiasm to be part of a common spirit .                     Now I know : blueeyed
As everywhere in life it is difficult to reduce sth. to a common denominator.

That´s my point now . this common spirit is lost now in my personal sence .
I´d like to hear a clear word if there´s any intention of everybody to continue or carrying to its grave ??
U . L . I .
1 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 9:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.