1 2 3 4

#1April 15th, 2007 · 08:28 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I KNOW

This song is not in a battle

yeah, I know....the lyrics are cheesy, the vocals are pitchy, there are some grave timing and sound quality issues. This was the first song I ever attempted to write and record on my new digital recorder. The drums sound like somebody hitting on paper boxes. I played all the other instruments myself. I have had this song sitting around for a year or so, not wanting to upload it because it had too many flaws and it was intended just to get practice in doing this. I have since re-recorded it a couple times (added a verse, changed the pitch, etc). The chorus came to me in a dream...(I saw an old jazz or blues singer singing it) and decided to try to make a song around the chorus (probably not the best way to do it). I haven't made an attempt to produce it very well....maybe I will. I'm uploading it because a couple friends urged me to do so (do I sound non-committal enough?) Anyway, this helped me learn allot about the process (Man it took ALL DAY to figure out how to get it out of my hard-disc recorder and onto this site....how do you guys do this?). Anyway, here's a first offering.....I have other songs in the works....

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 15th, 2007 · 09:54 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
BC I knew it BRO!
There's no way you were going to trick me man.I just knew that were good bro this is way out out out there.amazing everything.WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude this is great great great (I'm not worthy not worthy) this is just beautiful.bro That solo is sweet ,your vox is great the mix well done and the composition awesome.Your getting 5 stars on this man.you re no Joke BC
#3April 15th, 2007 · 10:04 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Thanks, Marino....I appreciate it!
#4April 15th, 2007 · 10:06 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Dude....
I wept.....

THat's all I can say....   I wept....

Incredible.......

JimK
#5April 15th, 2007 · 10:17 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
wow! Thanks Jim!
#6April 15th, 2007 · 11:41 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
wow kitty very cool, i picture this in a small coffee shop playing as the cool kids sip their fraps and read the newspaper or comic books. very chill. i love your vox on this  man no proubs what so ever that i can find. deffinitly one for the ipod and you have my vote. i love that guitar man and the begining is so kicking for me. great job, and fantastic for your first upload on the amp. wow man. one for the playlist. this is amazing. i love this so much. i dont know what else to say man exept that this is truly amazing.
#7April 15th, 2007 · 11:44 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Sounds lovely. Lots of groove. There's so much to this song.

And, like JimK, I wept 
#8April 16th, 2007 · 03:30 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Cat.. this is great for a first upload!!  I hear the vox a little off at spots and the drums are certainly too thin...

but man...

LOOK AT MY FIRST SONG!!!

lol.

Enjoyed it so much...

Cheers
#9April 16th, 2007 · 03:35 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
worth waiting for......
Nice one battlecat...........
really pleased u posted.
This is very good well constructed...well sung and very well recorded
lovely cardboard boxes
I vote

swordfish
#10April 16th, 2007 · 09:19 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
A first upload ?  Your kidding me  right ?
This is absolutely fantastic
I really like this
Its very different then the usual Music on the amp
Your vocals are sounding real good
your right on key
the music flows well
nice guitar around the 3:oo mark
good harmony ( at the intro )I didn't notice much through out the song in respect to the harmony
this is my only critique
Nice drums in my opinion
and very good lyrics
the mix is right on spot
well done BC
Im adding this to my playlist

Will Rate
Please post more songs

Flyer
#11April 16th, 2007 · 11:49 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
muhahaha
you are Leonard Cohen!
#12April 16th, 2007 · 11:54 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
it's
beautiful, a great blend of styles. I'm hearing a jazzy blueness, laidback guitaring very alike Mark Knopfler, and the dreary reservedness of - as said - Leonard Cohen. I also associate it with him because of the rest of the arrangement. Apart from the vocal performance (and lyrics - but I don't think they're cheesy, they just hit a generic theme, and that is generally considered to be a good option, commercially/populist speaking) this could be a song of his. The drums are somewhat dry, but that is very (contemporary) r n b, so that makes it sound fresh for some odd reason.

I like your vocal performance, it's really very good.

Yes dude, if I could I'd download it. But that seems to be disabled
#13April 16th, 2007 · 12:15 PM
6 threads
138 posts
India
nice...........your first song on the amp.......sounds really wonderful.

awesome.looking forward to many more.
#14April 16th, 2007 · 04:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It can only get better
Nice song , arrangement, good vox and vocals, nice to listen too.

This is excelent for your first upload, I'm sure that you will be uploading more. nice job.

Denis
#15April 16th, 2007 · 06:17 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Thanks guys for your support and feedback. It really means allot to me. Pup I see what you mean about Cohen (I'm flattered by the reference, btw) and thanks for the specifics about the lyrics, drums, vocals....that's encouraging.
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.