1 &hellip 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

#121March 25th, 2009 · 11:47 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Darn sweet man!!!

So are you gonna be periodically releasing stuff to the beta site?
#122March 25th, 2009 · 11:51 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Im a bit behind on this TLS..Ill be catching up in a few days.. Apologies for delayed responses..We are very grateful for you work...
M.
#123March 29th, 2009 · 05:32 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Looks great. It will take some getting used to but there are plenty of benefits.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already, or if anyone else considers it an issue... but I was wondering about email notifications. On the current site, there is an option for email notifications for pretty much everything except for PMs. There have been a few times when I've missed messages for up to a couple months, when if there had been an email notification, I would have been able to respond much more quickly. So if this could be fixed in the new site, cool. If not, no big deal. Thanks.
#124March 29th, 2009 · 06:02 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I think your'e absolutely right-- I've written a little script for my own use to log into my account and check if there is a PM, and then let  me know :P

But that's not the ideal solution!

Expect an email notification option for PMs.

Thanks for the feedback.
#125March 30th, 2009 · 07:25 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Rock n roll!
thats how we get things done.
eh jojo?
#126April 3rd, 2009 · 12:31 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Ancient quote:

kings wrote…
ultimately you want a page with links to your songs on it so they can all be sent to the player (I'm presuming the topbar player stays?), have an album picture and some explanations, dedications, apologies or thanks.

I'm making this Album thing now.  How many text fields are "permissible", yet not overwhelming to the user?

Should there be just a simple universal "Notes" text box?  the user could then include whatever s/he wants.
#127April 3rd, 2009 · 07:04 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TonightsLastSong wrote…
Ancient quote:

kings wrote…
ultimately you want a page with links to your songs on it so they can all be sent to the player (I'm presuming the topbar player stays?), have an album picture and some explanations, dedications, apologies or thanks.

I'm making this Album thing now.  How many text fields are "permissible", yet not overwhelming to the user?

Should there be just a simple universal "Notes" text box?  the user could then include whatever s/he wants.
Wouldent one textbox and heading/subject textbox per album page for description , credits etc be enough, because each song within the Album already has it's own page, so you dont need to describe them separately only write something about that album/collection
An Album page would be in essence a links page , with a description and a heading/Album name.

The Piratebay have an option to put a picture (album cover) on a 'music' torrent page.
I liked the idea. It makes sense and looks good.
#128April 5th, 2009 · 08:52 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Yes, the way I'm seeing it so far, you can pick a photo that you've previously uploaded as an album cover (or upload a new photo, right there).  I think that having a "year" field might be nice, for those who have assembled the tracks from their own work.  it would be entirely optional, of course.
#129April 7th, 2009 · 01:22 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey TLS...it is really easy to spam the Audio Review...there is a post box at the bottom of the page...
in the officialy update re-write i think it should be changed so only uploaded music that has been uploaded by the rules can be posted in Audio Review.

#130April 7th, 2009 · 02:08 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I agree-- I'm not really sure why it was ever there in the first place.  I'll try to make it intuitive to upload music from a form like that, instead of just leaving it there for no reason. :P

thanks
#131April 7th, 2009 · 03:28 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
cool thanks!
#132April 8th, 2009 · 12:41 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I dont know why it is doing this but I wanted to let someone know:

when I go to the Forum page, Gear Talk is red and it says Denis has a new post there.
when I click into it there is no new posts, and no new posts from Denis....
#133April 9th, 2009 · 04:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Tim.....a thought....Members images from the Album page.
I know a few members make their own (digital) art, could we not have a page similar to the 'Links' page but for all the Artwork on the Amps server?
Ok, maybe not all the pictures and avatars but we need some kind of Gallery at least, because there are some very creative artists amongst our members. 
It's been mentioned before by Marino but I dont know if it's in this thread already ... and I'm not going to check either !

K : "when I go to the Forum page, Gear Talk is red and it says Denis has a new post there.
when I click into it there is no new posts, and no new posts from Denis...."
He might have deleted it.
#134April 9th, 2009 · 04:57 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
MindsAtPlay wrote…
Ill be happy to supply THEME music! :P

Tooo Funny !!!       
#135April 9th, 2009 · 05:00 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Yes, I think that'd be a nice little feature.  I think stuff like that make the community stronger   We could even have some of the artwork like that circulate on the home page (at least for the default theme, which is not the one pictured in the most recent screen-shots.

There's a problem with marking threads as "read" or not.  If you think about it, it means that you have to keep a record of every thread.  Ideally, you can simplify it to just keeping track of "unread" threads, but even for users who haven't logged in for a couple of months, the list could get lengthy.

If anything, my thought is to just have the site remember only up to the last week of unread threads.  Chances are, if you've been gone for a month, you probably don't care about every unique thread you didn't read.

The way bandamp does it currently is more of a heuristic approach, where it's trying to make an educated guess as to whether you've read the thread or not.  Often it gets it wrong.  And when the week rolls over to a new week, usually the threads just go to hell, getting all messed up for a while.

I currently haven't put the feature into the beta, since it's kind of just frills at that point.  I'm out of the state for the week, so I can't really do much with the site until I get back (next wednesday).  It's on my todo list for things to fix, though.
1 &hellip 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 12:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.