1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

#61December 3rd, 2008 · 01:05 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK! So if the function does work and the server is not marked as a spammer I'd say making use of the mass e-mail function is a good idea. A news letter once a month or an up-date notification or whatever would not only keep all the members informed it would also keep bandAmp in old and new members awareness !

TLS your a star btw!  
#62December 3rd, 2008 · 01:10 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I definitely want to see the newsletter come back.  Even if it's just full of new feature updates, etc.

I think that one of the features that "success" carries for a service like BandAMP is the constant "fresh" appeal; the site has to demonstrate that we're willing to progress and constantly be on the lookout for new features that we could give the community!  The newsletter is a great way to keep people informed.

On top of that, I think that the Battles (despite the attack the idea has been under by those who don't really care for it) are another great excuse to put out the newsletter.  Tell about new entries to the battle, artists who are entering a battle for their first time, announce some winners, etc.

People can attack the idea of battles if they want, but if they do then they'll have to call me insane for thinking so highly of the concept.

Thanks for the support, kings   (and everyone else who has made this possible *sniff* )
#63December 3rd, 2008 · 08:07 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yes yes and more yes.. yikes you're reading my mind.  emails/news letters about site progress, battles, site downtime / repairs.  We went through a few rough spots on this site that caused a lot of people to leave and they haven't come back...... A lot of the problem was wanting information and not getting it or any response for awhile.
A news letter or just emails saying .. Hey working on the site it';s gonna be down from **** to ****  would keep away any nervousness about the site failing and not coming back.
#64December 3rd, 2008 · 11:57 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I agree with that Goat...Good Idea...Emails to keep us informed about whats going on ...thats what was going through my mind and probably a lot of others...If the site was going down when we were going through all of that....It seems like we haven't fully recovered from it yet....
#65December 8th, 2008 · 12:00 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you sticky entries in the forums, and the preliminary thread/post maker!

The forum topic/post maker sort of works.  I've made several successful test posts to The Pit forum, but it needs more debugging.  After I figure that out for sure, I'll add more the "forge", or the tools usable for doing smilies, bold/underline, links, images, etc.  It's really not that hard, but I haven't completed it yet.

If there are any special requests, just let me know

And, here's a little more demonstration... the smilies are skimpy in quantity, but I haven't filled up the space yet.  These 3 were for testing.

#66December 8th, 2008 · 12:13 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
cant see the pictures
they look like this:
#67December 8th, 2008 · 12:30 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
huh.  judging from the other threads on this topic, i believe that we've developed a code problem.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4766/stickiesforgelt8.jpg

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2531/emotesej1.jpg
#68December 8th, 2008 · 04:55 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
thanks
#69December 12th, 2008 · 06:45 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TLS I've been wanting to post something about bbcode, it started out as a suggestion for the 'new' site but tonight I thought of something bandAmp could do with within it's bbcode code.
I've posted my idea for the existing bandAmp in the ideas forum.
For the new site: would it not be possible to have commands like [google] that will create a link to a google search page for the enclosed text?
There are loads more, I'll have to have a look at the forum code I was playing with at the time.
Thinking about it: is it not possible to create your own bbcode commands with PHP?
#70December 12th, 2008 · 06:54 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
you are very right about being able to make up any bbCode commands.  By all means-- suggest any that you would like to see!  A [google] command would be great.  maybe even a couple of other popular ones, like [youtube] or whatever.
#71December 13th, 2008 · 05:47 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Member skills
Is it possible to put some skill comments in the member section and do the search funtion on it??
If I am looking for someone who plays saxophone then I search for that skills or someone who has experiences in mixing on live gigs or VST or writing special lyrics or someone who builds instruments or someone who is a wedding dress designer and so on and on on on
Maybe some newbies could contact members he/she is searching for... what d you think?
#72December 13th, 2008 · 08:35 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: Member skills
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Is it possible to put some skill comments in the member section and do the search funtion on it??
If I am looking for someone who plays saxophone then I search for that skills or someone who has experiences in mixing on live gigs or VST or writing special lyrics or someone who builds instruments or someone who is a wedding dress designer and so on and on on on
Maybe some newbies could contact members he/she is searching for... what d you think?

I think thats a really good idea.
Is it an idea for TLSs upgrade? It could be connected to the 'Market Place' forum, like a side column on the page where the different 'trades' were displayed and then linked to a page of the members who offer that trade.
Could all this be added via the 'my profile' page?
#73December 13th, 2008 · 12:18 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
dang.  i got logged out while replying.

yes, think that that is an amazing idea.  I think it should go in the "Market' section, but it should also be easily search-able from anywhere on the site.

I think i'd leave the specific skill definitions to the person writing up their skill list.  That way they're not bound to some drop-down box of only half-accurate options when compared to their actual skill level or specialization.

I'll begin work on that once this thread-view gets out of the way.

The thread view is updated, by the way.  No music player yet, but we can expect that within the week.

http://bandamprewrite.site50.net/forums/ThePit/topic.php?t=11
http://bandamprewrite.site50.net/forums/ThePit/topic.php?t=1
#74December 13th, 2008 · 12:40 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Tim, again it's only looking better.
Compared to the amp now, and I do like the 'space' bandAmp has, I think a bit more padding all round would look good. Like around the members posts , they seam very 'full' at the moment.
I like the avatars on the right, it seams more natural to read on the left and 'operate/link' on the right.
#75December 13th, 2008 · 03:21 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
duly noted, thought it's more of a skinning thing than the content.  I'll space it out a bit more.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.