1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

#16November 21st, 2008 · 05:44 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
haha...

more updates to come soon.  I've been working some things into the code that i think will be appreciated in the end.
#17November 21st, 2008 · 06:47 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Thank you
Ive just seen this thread tonight......
I dont pretend to understand it
But looks like i have shot myself in the foot removing loads of 'old stuff'
HA HA  thats my Karma
Just a massive thank you for all the work you are doing..............

'We seem to have progressed a long way from when the collapse of the site seemed possible'

Swordfish
#18November 22nd, 2008 · 06:02 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Everybody just needs to keep it alive for now, and we'll get this going

new screenshot of the forums.  the link is on the first post, or here:

#19November 23rd, 2008 · 02:29 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Looking really good.
But it is looking like a lot of forum scripts , though I do like the shading and button icons.

I was thinking about this "Project" concept and wondering how it would manifest!
Would it be 'one page' where we can upload more than one (version of a) song ? Where we can 'link/connect' different members (collaborators) to a song ? and where we can add lyrics and ideas concerned with the song .......... and get comments / interactivity on all of these 'parts' to the project ?

As long as you're still alive it will also be ! 
#20November 23rd, 2008 · 05:18 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
An uploading forum is what I'm working on right now.  My plan is for it to be available from any of the main media types' forums.  I'm putting together some more AJAX bells and whistles to allow for specifying multiple authors, and for uploading the songs.

Screenshot to come later tonight, I hope.  (I'm in the "-7" timezone.)
#21November 25th, 2008 · 09:33 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
@kings (and everyone else)

The media upload method shows up on each media's forum page.

(notice the link text on the right, just before the forums start.)

and when you click on it and choose a few options, it looks more like this:

Checking/unchecking one of those first four option boxes dynamically adds in a new file uploader.

When you put a checkmark on the "This is an update to a previous project" option, the "Name of project" textbox turns into a drop-down box of your current projects, and gives you a few more options, like if you want to rename the project that you are updating, or if you want to replace the MP3/lyric/tab/video, or if you want to add it to the running set of versions of the project.

Anyway-- This has been done for a few days, but my internet went out, and I couldn't post it   I hope this addresses some of your questions, kings.

tim

--oh, and "video" is a media type now.
#22November 26th, 2008 · 04:21 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
a bigup for this fabulous work TLS

regarding the last discussions about 4-letter-words I think about having a string parser for textboxes like this here. Maybe the RegExp function is nice to bring up some asterisks or replace those words with *peep*
lol: name the subroutine peepshow(s as string)
#23November 26th, 2008 · 04:25 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
ehm what about collaborations? a combobox to choose one or more members who collaborated with you to that song ???? just a question, but the solution might be easy to do
#24November 26th, 2008 · 12:48 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
aha-- you underestimate me. 

There's some functionality that I have intentionally left out until I can demo it in a more impressive way.

A combo box would have been too cumbersome-- It would mean that you have to scroll around a box with thousands of entries.  Even a multiple-select combo box would be an annoyance.

So?  What's the solution?

Screenshots to come soon.
#25November 26th, 2008 · 12:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
ehm what about collaborations? a combobox to choose one or more members who collaborated with you to that song ???? just a question, but the solution might be easy to do
There's a text box to add 'collaborators' in the light orange 'options' box. (Type name of contributing authors)

Tim : Amazing bit of work. I really like how it's looking, so yes this answers a lot of questions ! Cheers
I really get the feeling it's a 'modernised' bandAmp.
So a long post title in blue wont show up but a long comment goes across the page? And did you get text 32 to work?
#26November 26th, 2008 · 01:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I wanted to ask if the Type name of contributing authors box would also have something like "separated by a coma" written next to it.
OR would you have a button to "+ add new collaborator" that would simply add another blank text box to fill in?
#27November 26th, 2008 · 01:04 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
A long title in blue will stop about where the first forum entry in my most recent screenshot does.

a long comment will stop where the second post's comment does.  After that sentence in the comment are the words "happy bunny", but they don't show up.  It was mere coincidence that it stopped right at the period in the comment.

titles of songs can be ... like... 100 characters, i think.  Usernames can be 50, i think.  I can't remember specifics, and I'm just sitting at my desk at work, currently.
#28November 26th, 2008 · 01:06 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Oops, two comments at the same time.

yes, it's comma separated right now.  I did think about a button for adding another collaborator, but that would call for Javascript to dynamically add a new form element, so I would have to deal with a variable number of fields being passed to the actual uploader script.  I figured that this single text box would be sufficient.
#29November 26th, 2008 · 01:48 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
@TK : I dont think bleeping out swear words works.
It looks stupid on the page to start with and because it's there people would 'use' it more,
Not only is life about freedom, choice and respect it is also about self control, and generally , in this community, most members show that they have a little of all four.
The site would start to feel like 'HABO HOTEL' or some other kiddy's chat site.
We would all loose the sense of freedom even if we never feel the need to swear.

@TLS : The 'image tag' that shows in the (Abandoned) thread description, would that be an actual image on the thread page?
#30November 26th, 2008 · 01:55 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
yes, it just won't show up in comment previews.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:36 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.