1 &hellip 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
#136April 25th, 2009 · 03:16 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Just wanted to vent something:

Our current bandamp's implementation of "advanced bbcode" is a whopping 1860 lines of PHP code.  I was trying to figure out something about how it does something, and was unpleasantly surprised by what I found..  Heaven help us all if I have to read that thing again.

For the record, *my* bbcode thing (which I think is far easier to alter for whatever personal use) is (liberally) taking up a monumental 24 lines!!  24!  That's a difference margin of 1836 friggin lines of code!

I don't care how glorified PHP can be at times... bbcode is a nasty abomination of PHP.

the end.
#137May 12th, 2009 · 05:16 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TonightsLastSong wrote…
Just wanted to vent something:

Our current bandamp's implementation of "advanced bbcode" is a whopping 1860 lines of PHP code.  I was trying to figure out something about how it does something, and was unpleasantly surprised by what I found..  Heaven help us all if I have to read that thing again.

For the record, *my* bbcode thing (which I think is far easier to alter for whatever personal use) is (liberally) taking up a monumental 24 lines!!  24!  That's a difference margin of 1836 friggin lines of code!

I don't care how glorified PHP can be at times... bbcode is a nasty abomination of PHP.

the end.

Yea! But it's a bit like a Monday....you can hate it, but you aint got no Tuesday with out it ! 

I've had one of them idea things again, it might have been mentioned and it not so difficult to imagine.....this one stems from the web design activity going on recently on the amp......what about a Web help forum ..... I KNOW this is a music site , but it's a music site of creative artistic members who in general do it themselves, this goes for Music as well as for the internet , which is the medium we use the whole time, inevitably web page design will and does come into it.  
It could be a place to ask questions, get advice, drop off templates and code and it would just by it's presence stimulate / inspire members to write their own web sites and generally understand the whole world wide web better.
#138June 17th, 2009 · 06:20 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey TLS, how ya doing?

I just thought that I would suggest that in the new site can you have like a single account (ie TheKunadiun) but then upload music in like your bands name or under some other section so people know that it isnt JUST by you so that everyone in the band feels that they are getting the credit they deserve?

Thanks!!!
#139June 17th, 2009 · 06:27 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I think that that's a good idea-- We have a way to show multiple accounts in "collab", but not necessarily people who contributed, yet don't have accounts.

I'll make sure I leave a field open for a general 'credits' list like that.
#140June 18th, 2009 · 03:53 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
awesome thanks
1 &hellip 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:51 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.