1 2 3 4 5

#46January 2nd, 2008 · 01:22 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
yeah,I'm going to,cause I can't figure it out.
thanks MAP :]
#47January 15th, 2008 · 08:52 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Ok, I've got a question.
Where I can't add in an automation, what's the best way to modify the different aspects of a VST? I've recorded a specific channel while modifying certain settings that I can't automate, and that seems to work, but it's all dependent on the timing and I can only work with one setting at one time. Do you understand what I'm trying to get at, and is this the best way to adjust settings similar to the automation?

Cheers.
#48January 15th, 2008 · 11:37 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
As for the timing concern , why don't you cut up the 'recording' into samples , to place on time as you decide.
#49January 16th, 2008 · 05:58 AM
2 threads
New Zealand
FL Slayer
Would someone please be able to help me with using FL Slayer? I can't seem to get a nice distorted tone out of the electric guitar simulator. It seems like no matter how much tweaking and adjusting of the various buttons and knobs I do, the sound is always the same, fuzzy, bland tone

If someone could steer me in the right direction or tell me what I'm doing wrong that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
#50January 18th, 2008 · 01:40 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
WB, have you tried this... in the top left of your VST window there should be a little plug, if you left click it and select the last tweaked parameter after giving the desired knob a twiddle then select create automation clip you should be able to create automation clips for external non fruity loop knobs that way

SK FLSlayer is pretty shite to be honest, best thing you can do, is play it clean and use a real distortion pedal, or high quality amp moddeling vst such as native instruments' one http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=guitarcombos other than that steinberg's virtual guitarist http://www.steinberg.net/157_1.html would be your best bet.
#51January 21st, 2008 · 09:58 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Cool, that helps a lot.

Also, about FL slayer, I've heard a few people say that this: http://www.superriff.com/download.html guitar VST is good. I haven't tried it myself, but apparently it's better than slayer.
#52January 23rd, 2008 · 12:24 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I have another question...
The VSTs that come with FL can slide between pitches in the piano roll. I've noticed that when I do the same thing with an external VST, the pitch bending has no effect on it. Is there some trick I need to do to be able to get my instruments to pitch slide, or is it only limited to the FL VSTs?
#53January 25th, 2008 · 02:04 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Hmm, its gonna depend on the VST.  Some are made being able to produce multiple "voices" (or multiple notes)  at once and some are not.  Im certain that would affect the VSTs ability to slide from one note to the next.
#54January 25th, 2008 · 03:35 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
As map said as far as i know you have to use the slide option built into the VST most decent VST's have it somewhere just need to figure out where it is... or you could try play a single note for like x amount of bars then export that single note as a wav, load it in edison and set loop points and save it with the loop points, then reload it into FLStudio into the sampler not the adio section set the ASDR to your liking, that way now when you play it in the piano roll it will use that sample as an instrument, so when you play a higher note etc it will automatically pitch it up... I believe it SHOULD allow you to slide it like a FLstudio plugin, although i've had issues with it in the past, technically if you make single note like 4 bar's long and you don't intend to have it held for a really long time you can skip out the loop in edison part, but if you wanna have like pads going for the entire track it's gonna need to be looped otherwise it will run out... if that makes sense... dunno if i've described it in the best way... so to summarise:
1. export a wav of a single C note of 4 bars
2. loop if desired
3. drag onto sampler (not playlist) i.e with piano roll and the blocks for kick hi-hat etc
4. open piano roll, slide it as you would a normal fl instrument
#55January 25th, 2008 · 07:29 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Cool. Thanks! I didn't know about the looping in edison, that should make things a lot more flexible.
#56January 26th, 2008 · 04:58 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Yea it's useful, but if you've got like alot of of variation in the sample you want to loop it can be difficult to get it to loop in a seamless cycle, also that technique above basically speeds the sample up to increase the pitch so if it does have clicks or whatever in time with the track they might not take to kindly to the speed changes in releation to the rest of the track, but sometimes it can be cool as well i used that loop on the bass in this track http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5727.html where it was just 1 'wow' sound then loop it and bobs your uncle and the speed variations have a nice effect
#57January 28th, 2008 · 08:07 AM
2 threads
Sweden
Hello!

How can I add drums to a specific MP3 or Wav-file in order to find the right rhythm and right parts for the drums. I'd like to try to add some drums to a acoustic piece of mine and I just wonder what elements of the drum  system should I use (kick, snare, hi-hat etc..) ?

If there already is a tutorial that, can someone send me a link

Sven
#58February 11th, 2008 · 01:40 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Drag the audio into the lower portion of the playlist to get the mp3 into FL, then write your beats in step sequencer or in FPC.
#59February 13th, 2008 · 04:18 AM
2 threads
Sweden
Thanks, I got that! But the second question is harder there: how to make the right kind of loop for acoustic playing that it sounds right and it is in the right rhythm?
#60February 13th, 2008 · 07:49 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
I am using FL7 - its the only program I have tried so comparisons are useless but I love FL. My biggest problem is exporting to MP3. For some reason I lose volume and end up with an extremely soft track. Is this something in my recording or something in the way I export to MP3. I am clueless!

BTW the FL Slayer is hopeless if you are looking for a realistic guitar sound. I have used it to make some interesting other sounds, mostly using the dynamic solo but none of it sounds anything like a guitar!
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 7:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.