#1November 17th, 2007 · 08:07 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Tek

This song is not in a battle

Tek V2 had to take v1 down something wrong with it... haha.... should of listened to it more before stickin it up

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 19th, 2007 · 02:17 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Your recent use of brass sounds is really cool, it goes so well with your rhythms. The intro is a bit long, or intyroduce the brass and other sounds earlier.

Dont know if it's my set up it appears the sound is 60/ 40 to the left pan.

Great sound, keep it up!!

Rated

Denis
#3November 19th, 2007 · 08:05 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Dennis - I think it might be the snare (and a few other parts of the drums) on the left that gives it the feel of being 60/40....actually...hmmm...not sure, strange one.  Devo...?

Just reiterating what Denis said here, that I think the brass you are mixing into the beat sounds excellent.  An unlikely pair but the combination of sounds is really working for me. 

I think that reverse cymbal you use is becoming a trademark of your songs.

Once again, a very high rate
Kobeshi
#4November 19th, 2007 · 10:00 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Haha yea i know what you mean about the reverse cymbal, i use it alot, always the same one as well, usually when i can't be bothered to programme a fill or some sort of build up , not sure about the mix, it might be 5to one side, can never really tell but but the left right masters were pretty much equal but yea stereo seperation can mess things up a little sometimes...
#5November 21st, 2007 · 07:40 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Another great track Devo.Man you have some wicked stuff happening here!!Real good.Yup i reviewed this earlier still love it.Awesome!!Great drum!
#6November 26th, 2007 · 02:37 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Ah some Steppa!!!  Love it! Nice one, Mate!  Tek tracks are easier to add change ups to in the drum track in my opinion! You are scaring me with those basslines, man!  Im still in the lab on that stuff!  Ive had similar issues with stereo seperation...  In my experience you have to use it very sparingly.  It always throws my mix way off otherwise.  Another tasty tune, my man!  I just noticed you have added like 6 or 7 tunes recently!  See you are catching up!  NICE!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 4:26 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.