1 2 3 4 5
#61February 13th, 2008 · 07:52 AM
12 threads / 8 songs
70 posts
South Africa
My other problem is recording audio. Is it possible to record outside audio to a single track in the mixer without everything routing to the master so I can edit individual tracks after recording?
#62February 14th, 2008 · 02:41 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
WaM wrote…
I am using FL7 - its the only program I have tried so comparisons are useless but I love FL. My biggest problem is exporting to MP3. For some reason I lose volume and end up with an extremely soft track. Is this something in my recording or something in the way I export to MP3. I am clueless!

BTW the FL Slayer is hopeless if you are looking for a realistic guitar sound. I have used it to make some interesting other sounds, mostly using the dynamic solo but none of it sounds anything like a guitar!

When you render to mp3, make sure the master volume up by the tempo is up, ie dont have that down and your speakers turned up because it governs how loud the mp3 will be.
#63February 14th, 2008 · 02:43 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
WaM wrote…
My other problem is recording audio. Is it possible to record outside audio to a single track in the mixer without everything routing to the master so I can edit individual tracks after recording?

In your FX mixer select and insert that isn't a master i.e insert 1 and there it says 'in - (none) in the top right, set that as your soundcard insert, then in the effects load edison as an effect, when you hit record it will record external sources plugged into your soundcard/mic in, you can also add changes that make it play on input after 4 beat counts etc
#64February 14th, 2008 · 02:45 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
ontheranch wrote…
Thanks, I got that! But the second question is harder there: how to make the right kind of loop for acoustic playing that it sounds right and it is in the right rhythm?

play it in the piano roll, make sure you stick to the beats and bar counts, i.e 4 beats in a bar, then record your guitar to a metronome to ensure that the recording will be in time with the drums and the drums will be in time with the recording
#65March 3rd, 2008 · 08:21 AM
4 threads
Turkey
hi everyone. i'm new to fl studio and this forum. there are really helpful threads, thanks to you all.

now, i'm trying to get used to piano roll. i want to compose some rock songs. i'd like to be able to add some realistic slide to boobass. for example, first it plays G, then slides up to A, and then slides down back to G right away. i don't know if i could explain but, is this possible? and thanks a lot, again.
#66March 5th, 2008 · 11:08 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
yea, place a note where you want to slide from, then in the top left of the corner of the piano roll box there is a tiny picture of a piano, below that is a tiny triangle button, press that and then place a note above the note you just place, wherever you want to slide to
#67March 6th, 2008 · 02:34 PM
4 threads
Turkey
thank you very much Devo, it's good to have the slide function in fl studio. but it seems like i got stuck in a few more issues about piano roll for fpc. first, is it possible to change the tempo within the pattern? 1st beat to 4th beat 75 bpm and 5th beat to 8th beat 90 bpm for example? and second, i'm writing drum lines using piano roll. but instruments in fpc are in a complex order. for example, bottom to high, kick, ride, E4, floor tom, F#4, hi-hat, ...(bunch of notes)..., splash, B5, C5, snare, etc. can i get them in order some way so that they goes on like kick, snare, hi-hat, crash, tom, etc.?
#68March 9th, 2008 · 12:09 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
it is possible to do that but you would have to do it with automation clips as far as i know and you would have to automate the whole track tempo, or you would just have to place the notes in more spaced apart when you program them in... to automate the tempo, highlight a small area in your playlist right click the bpm box and select create automation clip, at 75bpm, it should draw a line in the bottom part of your playlist, whenever the track plays that line it will put the tempo to 75bpm, you can copy and paste it just like a pattern now, do the same but with the tempo at 90 and whenever it hits that line the tempo will change to 90bpm for example.. place them as desired in your track.

For the fpc question yes, load an empty fpc, from Generators > FPC > Default then drag the snare/kick/hi hat sounds onto seperate pads to load them into the piano roll, what pad you drag it to will choose what note in piano roll triggers it.  Alternatively you can click on the program and there is a remane option where you can rename the notes to words like 'snare' etc.. make sure you click the button saying 'abc' first tho
#69March 9th, 2008 · 02:25 PM
4 threads
Turkey
thanks! i got it. but automation clip is a difficult to handle. the curve is way too sensitive. anyways, at least changing tempo within the song is an option now, thanks to you.

and about renaming, my real problem is renaming key names when using a non-built-in drum machine such as "xln addictive drums". when i open the piano roll for addictive drums, and click the "abc" button, i see notes like C4, C#4, D4 etc. when i press C4, it's kick drum, and F#5 is rim snare for example. i'd like rename C4 to "kick", F#5 to "rim snare" etc. because it's too hard to locate what key gives what sound when you see only note names in piano roll. is that possible? thanks again!
#70March 19th, 2008 · 02:54 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
I can't help with that im afraid, i imagine xln addictive might have a option similar to the fpc, or just remember
#71March 22nd, 2008 · 08:18 AM
4 threads
Turkey
that's ok Devo, thanks a lot for your helpful replies. 
#72June 11th, 2008 · 03:43 PM
6 threads
4 posts
United States of America
one question. my fl8 studio would go to rename playlist/instrument if i right click/leftclick the playlist/instrument tab, what i was trying to do is insert a few automation/instruments without going to put it in manually by drag>drop. how do you fix this? or is this how its suppose to be..?
#73January 13th, 2009 · 06:38 AM
1 threads
United Kingdom
fx?
Hi this is my first post here.
I've just started making drum and bass in flstudio 8 and am picking it up quite well, however i cant seem to find how to alter effects along the playlist.

For example i want a flanger that builds up on the bass, but i can only change it in the fx window which of course applies it to all the bass. I need to control the fx from the playlist and i'm sure its possible as ive seen it in a video, i just dont know how to.

All help appreciated
Cheers
#74January 13th, 2009 · 04:48 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Its called Automation and there are tutorials all over the place for it.... Im sure there are atleast 2 on this site alone...
#75January 13th, 2009 · 05:42 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: fx?
mismatchgaz wrote…
Hi this is my first post here.
I've just started making drum and bass in flstudio 8 and am picking it up quite well, however i cant seem to find how to alter effects along the playlist.

For example i want a flanger that builds up on the bass, but i can only change it in the fx window which of course applies it to all the bass. I need to control the fx from the playlist and i'm sure its possible as ive seen it in a video, i just dont know how to.

All help appreciated
Cheers :)
You can also 'Edit Events' of any knob or slide in FL by right clicking on it
1 2 3 4 5
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.