1 2 3 4 5

#16September 22nd, 2007 · 01:20 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Go to Options/Project General Settings and set the bar to 3.
#17September 22nd, 2007 · 06:10 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I have a question!

How do you play mp3s in FL6?
I've got an mp3 track I want to add drums to.
#18September 22nd, 2007 · 06:39 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Just drag it into the lower part of the playlist.  It will add it at the bottom as an audio file.  I use wav's like that all the time, mp3 too if needed.
#19September 22nd, 2007 · 09:06 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Brilliant!

You're a pal, MAP

#20September 25th, 2007 · 02:31 PM
4 threads
United States of America
how do a listen to a pattern on loop and record another one that is longer
#21September 25th, 2007 · 02:38 PM
4 threads
United States of America
plus, how can i record a pattern that starts a little bit before the beat?
#22September 25th, 2007 · 04:26 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
There are a couple of ways to do that...  you could render the loop down and play it in an outside media player and then play to that, realigning everthing when you are finished.  You could also just lay the loop out for a few bars or however long the loop is you are wanting to record and then just record it...  seems fairly straightforward.  For the second one,  Wherever you set the cursor in the playlist is where you will record from...so, if you set the cursor a little before the beat begins then you will be able to record from that spot.  I hope that answers the question..if not just hit me up here or in PM.
#23September 30th, 2007 · 09:14 PM
4 threads
United States of America
how can i lay the loop out for a few bars? is there a way to copy and past in the piano roll?
#24September 30th, 2007 · 09:16 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Well yeah, but you want to do is lay out your loops in the playlist.  That is where you build your song by arranging your patterns into a coherent song.
#25October 23rd, 2007 · 12:55 PM
4 threads
United States of America
thanks...

so i must have fucked with the master volume during recording and ive tried to rerecord and keep it stable but it still wobbles at the same time. is there anyway to set it at a fixed place (100%)?
#26October 25th, 2007 · 05:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Subwoofer wrote…
Just a simple question: how do I change velocity of two notes on the same beat independant of the other note in piano roll?
I hope you understand what I'm getting at... I apoligze for my English

You want to change the velocity of a note / midi hit that happens to hit at the same time as another note ??
Try moving one note aside.
You can also double click a note and 'manually' change its properties.
#27October 25th, 2007 · 11:07 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
3flip wrote…
thanks...

so i must have fucked with the master volume during recording and ive tried to rerecord and keep it stable but it still wobbles at the same time. is there anyway to set it at a fixed place (100%)?

Any changes to any automatable values during a recording session (almost any slider or continuous value) gets recorded.  I think the option to "see" the changes is on the right-click menu of the said element.
#28October 26th, 2007 · 07:57 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
3flip wrote…
thanks...

You need to right click on the afore said volume knob and "Edit Events", once the events window is open for that particular knob select the delete tool and delete the undesired 'event wave'.
#29November 13th, 2007 · 01:58 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
This is one reason that I like to use 'automation' as opposed to creating 'events'.  When you right click on a parameter and click 'create automation clip',  FL throws an adjustable line in the lower panel of the playlist, which you can then adjust to your whim (you'll have it down in no time).  This is a visual way,for me, to see what changes or 'events'  ive placed in the track and they are straightforward to get rid of.  Definately one of the most powerful features in all of FL as you can automate almost any parameter inherent to FL.
#30November 13th, 2007 · 11:00 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Hey, cool thread minds. A couple of things I never knew.

I checked out a tutorial a while ago, and it involved changing the "Mod X" of a specific pattern by a variable amount (it wasn't a constant setting). And it came up in the pattern as the "Filter Cutoff frequency". I can only edit it from the "Note properties" part of the menu, so I can only change it for each note rather than throughout the duration of a single note. What I can see from the tutorial is similar to the arrangement from the selections in the channel controls, but I've only got the panning, volume and pitch in that section. Do you know what I have to do to affect the filter cutoff frequency like this.
Does what I'm saying make sense?

I think I've managed to alter it with the "automation clip", but from what I gather the automation clip is only used in the playlist, whereas the filter cutoff frequency operated in the piano roll.
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.