1 2 3 4 5

#31November 18th, 2007 · 10:32 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Change the cutoff on the synth WB?... right click the knob in the synth and select create automation clip...
#32November 27th, 2007 · 07:57 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I could do that, but I'd have to write it out for the whole song, I couldn't have the same thing repeated for each pattern, is there a way to get an automation in the piano roll?
#33November 27th, 2007 · 07:34 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
ok, There is but its only for pitch velocity etc... k i think i know what you mean now, double click and drag on the top of the playlist, as if you were highlighting a section of the song (so the top bar goes red) then create the automation clip and it will only be like 2 bars long, or however much you highlighted, then you can just copy and past the automation clip under the pattern where you need it...
#34November 27th, 2007 · 11:54 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
ok, I'll try that, thanks
#35December 15th, 2007 · 05:34 PM
1 threads
United States of America
re: Learning FL Studio
Hi there. I'm new on here and with FL studio and I need help on a few things, but I'll start with one question lol Hopefully, I didn't miss the answer to this on here. I'm trying to record vocals with my mic into FL (common). My question is how to change the input volume, because when I record it, even if I sing loudly, the audio clip it produces sounds like a faint whisper compared to the rest of the channels already in the project. How do I fix this? Thanks so much!!!
#36December 15th, 2007 · 06:39 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: re: Learning FL Studio
cyberphonics wrote…
Hi there. I'm new on here and with FL studio and I need help on a few things, but I'll start with one question lol Hopefully, I didn't miss the answer to this on here. I'm trying to record vocals with my mic into FL (common). My question is how to change the input volume, because when I record it, even if I sing loudly, the audio clip it produces sounds like a faint whisper compared to the rest of the channels already in the project. How do I fix this? Thanks so much!!!

A welcome to start with,
Can you give a run down of your music hardware and music software? , at least the set up your trying to use to record.
There are loads of very simple reasons and one big bugger so the more we know the merrier !  
#37December 17th, 2007 · 04:55 AM
2 threads
New Zealand
How do i go about actually writing out a full song? Its my sisters 21st next week and i want to do some ambient/techno songs and save them onto mp3 so we can play them on the stereo. Please help me create some songs by showing me how to do layers etc.  Do i program everything into Piano Roll or do I program it into the Playlist?

Also im having trouble with the step sequencer. When i add tracks to the sequencer, I can't properly transfer them to the Piano Roll, it ends up just playing everything at once which sounds awful. I want the song to build up if you know what i mean. If someone could show me how to build the song up by gradually adding different instruments that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all, moderators especially for making and organising a very helpful site.
#38December 17th, 2007 · 07:50 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Learning FL Studio
cyberphonics wrote…

If your plugging into directly into the mic input on your computer, it will be governed in your windows mic settings, should be under audio in your control panel or something like that, there's should also be a microphone boost like check box there that should help as well, also if u click the normalise button in the fruity smp tab for the vocal clip it will maximise it, but it will also increase any hiss etc...
#39December 17th, 2007 · 08:01 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
sk135 wrote…
How do i go about actually writing out a full song? Its my sisters 21st next week and i want to do some ambient/techno songs and save them onto mp3 so we can play them on the stereo. Please help me create some songs by showing me how to do layers etc.  Do i program everything into Piano Roll or do I program it into the Playlist?

Also im having trouble with the step sequencer. When i add tracks to the sequencer, I can't properly transfer them to the Piano Roll, it ends up just playing everything at once which sounds awful. I want the song to build up if you know what i mean. If someone could show me how to build the song up by gradually adding different instruments that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all, moderators especially for making and organising a very helpful site.

Right, first thing you need to do is watch http://www.warbeats.com/Forums/tabid/59/forumid/24/postid/29514/view/topic/Default.aspx because that will explain with a video to help to your first question

I'm not sure about your second question, i... think... your talking about when you put stuff in the step sequencer it just triggers and doesn't have a release... umm watch this video this should explain eeeeeverything haha:
http://www.warbeats.com/Forums/tabid/59/forumid/24/postid/29800/view/topic/Default.aspx
#40December 17th, 2007 · 09:26 PM
1 threads
Canada
Hi. I can't figure out how to edit the volume for each individual pattern and be able to have that volume change throughout the piece: in short, how to edit the dynamics. Thanks.
#41December 19th, 2007 · 12:45 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I believe you are referring to "automation" which has been discussed here before..  In short, right click on the parameter that you are wanting to affect and click "Create Automation Clip".  This will create a adjustable line in the playlist that you can adjust.  Just play with it and you will get it in no time.  You could also go the route of actually recording the changes live, but i find the graphical automation clips much more accurate and easy to control.
#42December 29th, 2007 · 03:19 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
if my registration is over,and I want to save my file,do I just drag the project to my desktop?
#43December 31st, 2007 · 06:44 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
If your registration is over and you want to save, you are screwed!  You need a full version to save your work.
#44January 1st, 2008 · 03:18 AM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
MindsAtPlay wrote…
If your registration is over and you want to save, you are screwed!  You need a full version to save your work.

what?!?!?!?!? no!! not possible!!! gah!! Jim sent me FL 6 something or other edition and it's amazing and I know it..and now you're saying I can't save it 
J'ai echoue la vie !
#45January 1st, 2008 · 03:22 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
My guess is that if your registration is expired then you havent cracked it yet.  And that is crucial to making the program a Full Version.  Only in the Full Version are you able to save, etc..  I would talk to Jim..  My guess is there is a little trick left to perform before it works the way it should.
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 17th, 2024 · 8:56 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.