1 2 3 4 5 6

#1December 9th, 2005 · 11:10 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Best of BandAMP *suggestions*
I was just thinking it would be really cool to have a list of all the best *threads* on bandamp... I'm not talking about *songs* here, just posts about Music Theory, or perhaps Lessons, or anything else that might be *very* interesting to everyone. This would be a kind of *gateway* into BandAMP... Would be listed on our homepage.

When you suggest a page, give me the URL, in this format: /Recording/6181.html
#2December 9th, 2005 · 11:13 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Also, I think the useful posts should be tagged...

So like we'd have categories, like this:

"Lessons" = Array ( "Guitar","Bass", "Drums", "Piano", "ect." )
"Music Theory" = Array ( "Melody", "Rhythm" "Music Theory", "ect." )
"ect." = Array (  )

Would also be nice to get suggestions on these new sections...
#3December 10th, 2005 · 07:22 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Equipment would be nice
#4December 10th, 2005 · 07:23 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Lyrics, Techniques (Lessons?)
#5December 12th, 2005 · 03:01 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Yeah, I think lyrics should be part of the songs... Like you should be asked to submit your lyrics, when you're submitting your song. Also tabs would be a nice thing to have for people to provide. But yeah, a lessons forum where people could discuss how to write music and stuff would be nice.
#6January 6th, 2006 · 02:15 PM
8 posts
Sweden
Possibility to delete your songs
As a new member of the BandAMP, I need to ask about deleting your own music on this site. Before I download any of my music here, I'd need to know how to take them away later if I don't feel like having it here anymore? I didn't see any possibility for that yet. Could that be fixed soon?

I'd also want to ask about the legality of publishing music for free. What if some of the artists belong to a royalty society? As I'm understood, you don't pay any royaltes for the music that is published on this website. Hope some of the administrators can give an answer.
#7January 7th, 2006 · 06:02 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
You can delete any of your songs which have not competed in a Battle. Which means you'd have to 1st upload a song, then submit it to a battle, then actually finish the battle before you cannot delete the song. The option to delete the song is right next to the song name once you've uploaded it... Dunno why there would be an option to delete if you didnt have a song to delete... 
#8January 7th, 2006 · 06:38 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
My suggestion for the best of Bandamp would be ;
http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/7119.html

The Church of Bandamp. It hasn't been posted on in a while, and I was hoping it could be revived again.

All Hail Ampism!!!!!!
#9January 11th, 2006 · 07:44 AM
8 posts
Sweden
Independence for the artists
mud wrote…
You can delete any of your songs which have not competed in a Battle. Which means you'd have to 1st upload a song, then submit it to a battle, then actually finish the battle before you cannot delete the song. The option to delete the song is right next to the song name once you've uploaded it... Dunno why there would be an option to delete if you didnt have a song to delete...  :D

That's why I wanted to ask before uploading anything. Actually, my both questions were linked together. You just didn't answer for the 2nd one. Every artist should have right to take away his material whenever he wants. That would be a good thing for the whole website.
Becouse: when an independent artist makes a deal with a record company, or participates to a Royalty Society, his music becomes an illegal material on your website, becouse you seem not to pay any royalties for the artists.
So I'm giving you a good counsel: fix soon the possibility that the owners of their music can take away their own material whenever they want. As soon as it's fixed, I will share my music here. And take it away, when I achieve my goal in the music biz. If possible, could you leave an e-mail when it's put right?!  Cheers!
#10January 11th, 2006 · 11:28 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: Independence for the artists
BassBoy wrote…
mud wrote…
You can delete any of your songs which have not competed in a Battle. Which means you'd have to 1st upload a song, then submit it to a battle, then actually finish the battle before you cannot delete the song. The option to delete the song is right next to the song name once you've uploaded it... Dunno why there would be an option to delete if you didnt have a song to delete...  :D

That's why I wanted to ask before uploading anything. Actually, my both questions were linked together. You just didn't answer for the 2nd one. Every artist should have right to take away his material whenever he wants. That would be a good thing for the whole website.
Becouse: when an independent artist makes a deal with a record company, or participates to a Royalty Society, his music becomes an illegal material on your website, becouse you seem not to pay any royalties for the artists.
So I'm giving you a good counsel: fix soon the possibility that the owners of their music can take away their own material whenever they want. As soon as it's fixed, I will share my music here. And take it away, when I achieve my goal in the music biz. If possible, could you leave an e-mail when it's put right?!  Cheers!

I'm personally not really getting the fuss, do you really think that any record company will trip and fall over a demo version being on here till the end of one month, or that it would impossible, in the unlikely event of occurance, to simply ask the admin to delete the song for you would you feel you'd get in trouble?
plus, don't you think it would be a very wise decision to keep the end-say on your own work's copyrights in your own hands? I don't think any label would be too fussy about it. please, lighten up! go out there on the forum and show us what you are about, instead of acting out all paranoid 'n stuff.
#11January 14th, 2006 · 01:08 PM
8 posts
Sweden
re: Independence for the artists
I know this website is properly not a professional one, but I didn’t expect such ignorance. That’s why I addressed my comment to the admin, ’couse I’d think they would give more decent answers. The founders of this website need to be aware of the fact, that on this website they are sharing music and are NOT paying any royalties to the artists. Artists usually own right to their own music. When they belong to a royalty society, they give their rights to watch over the USE of their own material. Artists usually make the contracts with the royalty companies very preferably, becouse it is difficult to control alone the use of their music in all over the world. Instead the royalty companies make lot of co-operation with all the companies all over the world. So, how do the admins of this website know that the artists haven’t made the royalty contract?

I give an example:
I belong to a royalty society. I make a new song. Before I announce it to the society, I want to put it on the BandAmp website to see, what do the listeners think about it. After having some comments I announce it to the society. At that point the BandAmp need to start paying me royalties from each time someone listens to it. If I decide to fair, I don’t tell to the society that there is a website that doen’t pay me anything. Instead, I take off my song. First of all, doesn’t everybody think the artist should have ALL the rights to decide how long his/her song will be heard for free?! Second, it is definetely good for the founders of this website, that artist’s rights are in order.

Now, I very much hope the admin will give me his/her answer of how this is carried through on the BandAmp website. I would be happy to hear the musician’s thoughts about this issue as well, but only the relevant-ones. Windbags rather pick some other forums to waste the time of those who likes the amateur talk.
#12January 14th, 2006 · 01:31 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Man, if you post some song here, you must consider all the benefits and the "problems" it carries.
If you are that paranoid, well, just don't upload anything, but if you upload something you must fit to rules, and don't be asking for new rules just for you.
Hope to listen something from you, to see if you are that good to be consider in a Royalty Society.

> Iszil

PS: Hope didn't sound rude with what I said.
#13January 14th, 2006 · 02:08 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: re: Independence for the artists
BassBoy wrote…
So, how do the admins of this website know that the artists haven’t made the royalty contract?

To be honest, BandAMP isn't a big enough fish for copyright corps to even remotely care about it... But incase one of those would feel indulged to waste money on a court case, the artists themselves would have kept the BandAMP owner in ignorance, hence him would befall no blame. After that, what copyright corp would have the sense of mind to sue their own artists??*

Simple, isn't it?

Now I hope that will answer your question. You need to think more lateral... see the big picture, not stare yourself blind on the black and white rules, coz in (legal!) reality there are quite some grey areas... I hope you understand.

*... for that reason, that is
#14January 14th, 2006 · 08:01 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
However, I honestly thought that it was possible to delete a song AFTER it had completed a battle, but this doesn't seem to be the case right now.

Seems like a flaw. It's true for a fact that the artist is the eventual holder of the copyrights, not BandAMP. The artists only allow BandAMP to put the song online for free download until the artist cancels that fiat.

A slight oversight perhaps, nothing serious to fix indeed, I take?
#15January 14th, 2006 · 09:10 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Think about it;
when you upload a song, you are willingly exposing it to public use. You know this perfectly well, and you can track how much it is listened to and downloaded.
So.
In all effects, even if you do have a copyright (yeah right, come on let's think realistically, lol) there is nothing that stops you from letting people listen to your music for free.
1 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 2:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.