1 2 3 4 5 6

#31February 13th, 2006 · 07:04 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
But I'm participating on February Battle and prizes begins on March one.

> Iszil
#32February 14th, 2006 · 01:43 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Iszil wrote…
But I'm participating on February Battle and prizes begins on March one.

> Iszil

Then record a new tune for the next battle, one so good that it will guarantee you a first prize!
#33February 14th, 2006 · 01:00 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
PuppetXeno wrote…
Then record a new tune for the next battle, one so good that it will guarantee you a first prize!

Be Realistic man! It's impossible.

> Iszil
#34February 14th, 2006 · 01:32 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Not impossible Iz, just on the difficult side!!

You're songs are good - better than mine, I think - don't worry about winning prizes, just see it as a "nice to have" if you do take 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place.

I'm sure we're well off topic now
#35February 14th, 2006 · 01:45 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Jiminuk wrote…
don't worry about winning prizes, just see it as a "nice to have" if you do take 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place.

I know the important thing is to get the place, not the prize, but I would be cool the wear a BandAMP T-shirt.

Hey mud, got an idea: If you don't wanna give an iPod or an iPod Shuffle why you don't give only T-shirts for the 3 first places?

> Iszil
#36February 14th, 2006 · 01:47 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
um, yes. I want a BandAMP T-shirt!

but my music is so far off the mainstream I'll never win a prize...
#37February 14th, 2006 · 01:55 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Perhaps you'll win a prize for music that's miles off the mainstream!!!

Can't we buy a bandamp T-shirt?
#38February 14th, 2006 · 01:56 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
YEA... that would be cool... I'd buy one!
#39February 14th, 2006 · 04:04 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
hehe I want a Bandamp shirt... guess I'll have to get a mixer then.
Yeah, I like Jim's idea. Maybe have a couple other awards like farthest from the mainstream lol.

*sigh* poor Puppet such skill yet no one likes his music 
#40February 14th, 2006 · 07:59 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
you should be able to buy them on the cafepress website...

http://www.cafepress.com/bandamp

$13.99 $14.99 and $16.99 depending on which one you want...

JimK
#41February 20th, 2006 · 08:18 AM
8 posts
Sweden
mud wrote…
Guys, chill out. This site is basically still just a hobby website. I have the full-intention of letting anyone delete their MP3 (unless they win 1-3rd place, and accept a prize). I don't have the time right now to work on BandAMP, however, I do have a major update basically ready to go live (however it requires me parsing the database into the new database schema). The new version will allow you to delete MP3's, along with many other things, and basic polishing of the entire system.

Give me a few weeks at least. Entheon is coming back next week to get things started again (that's the latest news anyways), so we'll start fixing all the problems that have cropped up since I left. Seriously, just very busy on other projects now.

About the "unless they win 1-3rd place, and accept a prize":
Composers have always immaterial rights to their own work, no matter if they've won prizes with it or not. That is an important issue (dispite how "hobby" the 
website is).
#42February 22nd, 2006 · 08:03 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
Jesus man drop it.

Now on to the making a great song thing....your songs are great man. Just we have some very stiff competition now. There are people here that could do anything they want. Whay dont we all form the super bands? Or are a vast majority the kind who think they can only do it themselves and need no band? Or are they the ones waiting for that big deal? Im waiting on that deal myself.

Which means we really need a locator or something. So we know if anyone from here is in our area.
#43February 23rd, 2006 · 02:39 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
nunly81 wrote…
....are a vast majority the kind who think they can only do it themselves and need no band?
I can go it alone....... well, I could have 20 years ago.  Or, perhaps not - cos if I could have I would have!!!

Hell, no ..... I need a band
Preferably a really excellent band that can make up for my lack of ability; one that doesn't mind having me around because, what I lack in talent I make up for by being sooooooo nice!

But back in the real world (!) I think the idea of a locator is excellent.  The web stats page is ok, but a little too non-specific.  It would be really cool to see if anyone from this area is a member of Bandamp

Oh, and chill everyone, chill.  In with anger, out with love!!!
#44February 23rd, 2006 · 03:26 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I agree with bassboy... we need FULL ARTISTIC CONTROL... regardless of getting a first, second or third ranking... we should always be able to get the song off the net when we want to... it isn't any different... really...

#45March 7th, 2006 · 01:40 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
What is the bloody problem?
I am not sure what the fuss is but Bassboy, BABY, you don't get royalties if your song does not generate revenue. If someone calls your publisher and wants to use your song in a movie, that movie generates $ and you get a cut. This is a not-for-profit site that does not engage in commerce (so far) so I'm not sure what your version of ASCAP/BMI would have to say about the composer's voluntary posting of original work on a not for profit venue. What, exactly, would they be basing royalty % on?

OR.. is there truly a usage fee you incur if you want to use a song as a theme for, say, a blog? If you sign on to my personal website and i have my cover of Tubas in the Moonlight playing, am i supposed to be paying a fee? In the US no such fee exists or at least is being enforced. Perhaps the webhosts are paying ASCAP... yeah right.

If the songs you post are already released and your contract states that someone other than you has the control of how the material is used , that's a different story. However, I would imagine they'd be thrilled to have the exposure which might lead to actual INCOME on which they could then charge royalties on your behalf. Then again, if your songs are contractually obligated and you've got a deal, why are you even considering posting them on Bandamp? To win an Ipod, for God's sake?!

BTW, you can give up copyrights (Like a fool I did this with the first jingle i ever sold) but only if YOU want. You can charge what you think they're worth and , as with most property, the going rate will be decided by the potential for $ down the road. Otherwise , your songs are your songs and nobody change that.

I don't know about the intellectual property control in Sweden, but your compositions are subject to international copyright law no matter where they  appear on the web. Enforcing that law is the problem. Just ask RIAA. Posting a song on Bandamp is no different than sending it in CD form to a bunch of artists who you think might be interested in it . They can take that CD song and do with it anything a BandAmper would do. What does your royalty society in Sweden ask you to do in those cases? NOT shop a deal? Do they do it for you? I don't get it. I sympathize with your desire to be able to remove your mp3s at anytime YOU see fit, but that is a different issue.

If your songs are still in your control and you have no specific obligation to a record company or publisher (like 99+% of us), Bandamp seems to be a good place to develop them with feedback from other writers who take your work seriously, even though they themselves are not signed or published. That's why I'm here. If you're honestly concerned that at some point, the admins of Bandamp will compile a best-of CD, use one of your posts without your permission, sell the CD and not pay royalties to your legal reps, then you should simply not post. You can still remain a listening-only member. Just don't steal any of my stuff.
1 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.