1 2 3 4 5 6

#61June 2nd, 2006 · 07:58 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
ease of finding artists?
I would like to have a spot to type in an artist's name so that an interested party could write bandamp.com/so-and-so, or something when you come in. That would save time...
#62June 3rd, 2006 · 01:05 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: ease of finding artists?
journeygirl wrote…
I would like to have a spot to type in an artist's name so that an interested party could write bandamp.com/so-and-so, or something when you come in. That would save time...

WELL,  actually all bandamp members have a homepage it is http://artistname.bandamp.com  
  for example http://journeygirl.bandamp.com takes us to your page..

so, that is an easy way.. also there is a search button at the top of all pages on Bandamp.

Also, you can add the person to your favorites... that is also fast and easy... just click on their name, and then click the big heart.....

Hope that helps...

Jim K
#63June 6th, 2006 · 12:10 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
mmm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before... or if it's in the new version of bandamp?

how about email notifications for actions other than comments on your songs...

such as... when you receive a vote... when you receive a pm... when your song is put in the house mix of the amp...

and... an option to customize which actions you receive email notifications for...
#64June 30th, 2006 · 10:40 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
We talked about that last year I think...
#65June 30th, 2006 · 12:53 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
to follow up...

actually I heard that there will be something similar in the new version of bandamp. at least notifications for pms, if I heard right.
#66September 22nd, 2006 · 01:17 PM
5 posts
United States of America
User friendlier
Hello everyone, I am new here of course, one thing that I noticed though is that the site is not user friendly as far as uploading your songs here,,, it took my quite a while to figure out that I had to review 3 songs to upload 1 song, I don't have a problem with that, it's just that it was not very obvious to me at first... Just my 2 cents... Thanks, and nice too meet everyone here.
#67February 2nd, 2007 · 05:56 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
ah but you do have a copyright
you own it as you record it. according to us copyright law . I know lots of you aren't in the US but all they care about is first proof of ownership. very easy to do you can google the different ways. The real thing I wanted to mention is that if you have a contract you would not be asking that question and also labels "leak"  stuff out all the time for free just to give some hype  to something (you want to get peoples attention tell em it's free, better yet tell em it's pirated) contract lawyers would have you disclose where your songs are all uploaded to and they then would decide the next course of action ie new songs or pressure on the site to delete said song or songs. 

But this is all really as pup said Grey area.

humble opinion (ramblings)
                                                                          of a goat
                                                                                 Greg
#68September 8th, 2007 · 02:05 AM
42 posts
Finland
Quite interesting.
On January 2007 an e-mail was sent from the Copyright Information and Anti-Piracy Centre to the admin of the BandAmp website, including a message to delete my song from this website. Today, after 9 months from the monitory letter, nothing has happened. You can still find the song in this website.

The song has been recorded and, of course, Composers' Copyright Society patrols it's rights.

Wondering, if the admins have even heard about copyright and full artist control. I would like to hear the admin's answer to the question: in your assessment, who owns the right of the music?
#69September 8th, 2007 · 10:36 AM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
guys its simple if u dont want your songs on here dont upload them i mean it takes no genius to figure that one
#70September 8th, 2007 · 06:03 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: Quite interesting.
LLS01 wrote…
On January 2007 an e-mail was sent from the Copyright Information and Anti-Piracy Centre to the admin of the BandAmp website, including a message to delete my song from this website. Today, after 9 months from the monitory letter, nothing has happened. You can still find the song in this website.

The song has been recorded and, of course, Composers' Copyright Society patrols it's rights.

Wondering, if the admins have even heard about copyright and full artist control. I would like to hear the admin's answer to the question: in your assessment, who owns the right of the music?

Hmm...  A letter was sent to who? If it was sent to the registrant of Bandamp.com, It takes almost 10 months for them to get it, because it has to go to the Whois Database privacy dept. and then get sent to the appropriate people. And they are VERY VERY slow.. And I totally don't understand why you didn't just ask a moderator like me or PuppetXeno, with an explanation of why you want it down... We can remove it at anytime, as I have done for another user who just asked.. nice and simple... So, if you ask, it will be done.. no problem...

But this post you put here is terrible.. The site has been running with only us lowly moderators about for some time...  Basically, here is another problem.. Sure, there are a ton of different groups, BMI, Composers' Copyright Society, etc. But on the web, there is little they can do, ESPECIALLY when you uploaded it of your OWN FREE WILL, after agreeing to the terms of membership that SPECIFICALLY STATE that the song will not be able to be deleted after it is entered into a battle.. Now, remember, I said above that we would be happy to delete the song for you, if you just ask... but there is no reason to be mean, or disparaging.. I am very proud of this community, and this site.. And I and PuppetXeno work VERY hard to keep it a nice friendly atmosphere... 

JimK
#71September 10th, 2007 · 05:16 PM
42 posts
Finland
Then, please, remove it.
#72September 10th, 2007 · 07:11 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
LLS01 wrote…
Then, please, remove it.

Peace!
#73September 10th, 2007 · 08:07 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
LLS01 wrote…
Then, please, remove it.

It has been done...   

I do hate to see that song go... Was such a nice one....  Anyway, it's gone, as per your request...  I just hope this is what you truly want... It makes it nice when people can see your songs, and all the comments.. I mean, reviews like those are worth their weight in gold... unfortunately now, it can't be brought back.. It is gone, and that is that.... sigh....

JimK
#74September 15th, 2007 · 02:46 AM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
wellll...
since interviews are starting to get going,we were thinking of maybe a interview forum where I can post both written interviews and vocal ones as well.
I would be nice since,as someone has stated before,it would be lost among The Pit!(which is no bueno!)
If you don't want to make one,that is fine very understandable....but I'm just stating it would be really awesome!
Thank you!
Cheyenne
#75September 15th, 2007 · 05:00 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
very cool ideas
like the interviews idea... I just did one for the goatman podcast with Kinetic X (Minds At Play and Marino).
It was the first one of these that I have tried.. I think it went pretty good.. I just wished I could have been able to que up there songs at will so the audience could hear their music in the interview.  I am working on that though.
I thought about posting it here but since there is talk of interviews going on already I did not want to step on anyones toes..
1 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 11:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.