1 2 3 4 5 6

#61September 22nd, 2006 · 01:23 PM
5 posts
United States of America
Not bad
I like anything that is creative, and this person obviously stuck their neck out here,,, shows some guts!!  Not bad as far as the music goes.
#62September 23rd, 2006 · 12:00 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
41 posts
Indonesia
Oh... i just.... Loved u'r music.

#63September 23rd, 2006 · 02:27 AM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
yeah......

well i was putting off giveing a review to this, but i read the song lyrics and then the reviews after first listening to the song. i must tell you that ive had you on my favorits list for quite sometime now. but i was reall hurt by this song. have you ever lived in america? sure its not all we make it out to be and its not gods green garden like alot of people think. and sure we do stupid stuff to. but what contry doesnt?

you point the fingure at us, and even though you dont say americans but america, you mine as well be saying americans because we made this country the way it is today. you act like we're so horrible and such bad people. yet TK was right. other contries tell people where to live what to wear what to worshipo who to pick as rulers (if they even get that choice) and what men and weman can and cant do. you think we're bad because we fight over stupid things. but what about the peole who let stupid things just stay and turn a blind eye to it? americans arnt great. plain and simple. we shouldent be put on a pedlestool, or be thought of as a poster child for freedome. but we shouldent be condemed for that same freedome.

also, i agree, i you are going to make such a bold song with such stinging word you had better research first and then make sure all facts are in order. or you could end up saying some thing eaqually foolish as us amerans seem to be from your point of veiw.

"i''ld rather live in slavery than in america."

that was stupid. plain and simple. just stupid. because i doubt youve ever had to live in slavery and ever will. there for, who are you to compare us like that? and who are you to tell us to "fuck off" when your country could be even worse than ours? or your naboring counrtry or a country in the next content?

i guess the reason i was so hurt by this was simply because you have never lived here. there for all you know is what you read in the news papers and wach on tv and all that "news worthy" crap they feed you like vitamens. what you dont see are the good things we do to. we help people when they need it. we have schools and other things that we make free to most any one. jobs are comming from every where to help unemployed people. sure those things look so small compared to the crap we've pulled, but there still there. yet no body wants to point those things out. and why?

because then people would have to admit that were ok. not great but ok. and what happens if that happens? ignorent chldren (and adults) such as your self have nobody to blame for the proublems in their lives. they have nobody to tell to "fuck off" and nobody to say "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING YOU IGNORENT LITTLE SH***?"

and thuse you would not have a half baked punk song.
true punk is in your face outa this world crap on every one and every thing encluding the mother type of music. but at least they  no what their talking about. you put togehter a couple of hurtfull lines called it a punk song said their you go with a stomp that said "lets see who gets pissed" and didnt even bother to check out info or any thing

like i said

half baked
this barly kept me awake

-paper cut doll
#64September 23rd, 2006 · 09:24 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
You are us.
BTW, Stuffx.

Latvia JOINED the U.S. in this stupid coalition. Latvia supplied personel and equipment for the war and there's even been a Latvian casualty. R u going to write a sequal to this song?
#65September 24th, 2006 · 04:48 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Papperdoll, I can't believe how many spelling/grammar mistakes you made for being an americam...it's prompt me write a song called 'fuck american english'...ha...I'm only joking.
Anyway...the girl hit the nail didn't she? on the commercial side she wouldn't have had such a response had she written a song called Latvia fuck off.
#66September 24th, 2006 · 03:11 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
yeah well ike i said we shouldent be mad poster children, we make mistakes to, even if the mistakes are big or small like gramer skills. i didnt say we were smart or any thing.
#67September 24th, 2006 · 03:13 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
alittlepaperdoll wrote…
yeah well ike i said we shouldent be mad poster children, we make mistakes to, even if the mistakes are big or small like gramer skills. i didnt say we were smart or any thing.

btw how would you have reacted if she had put " united kingdom" fuck off?
#68September 24th, 2006 · 04:05 PM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
All I would say about punk being a forum for political views has already been said quite eloquently so I won't.

Just a little food for thought - do the lyrics "America Fuck Off" also include their 3rd world aid budget...?
#69September 24th, 2006 · 08:22 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
"btw how would you have reacted if she had put " united kingdom" fuck off?"

Ohh...no reaction at all, we in England have few hundred years of experience in peoples telling us 'english fuck off'...and we invented punk rock, so we've been saying that to ourselves.
#70September 24th, 2006 · 09:15 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Punk wasn't invented in the UK. At least it wasn't called that.The term was coined here in the US, the bands about which it was coined were American and that was in the mid-'60s, i believe. They were the progenitors of the bands in the next decade that made the biggest splash but, even then, the majority of seminal punk bands was American.
Granted, it took off in the UK big-time in the '70s but, this is where my national pride comes in;
WE invented it, YOU perfected it, and we both commercialized it to the point of ruin.
#71September 26th, 2006 · 03:14 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
"WE invented it, YOU perfected it, and we both commercialized it to the point of ruin."

I don't really know were the term "punk" was coined to define that type of music, it may have to do with the original english word punk meaning thug, or youngster petty criminal.
And as far as I know it started over here as a reaction against symphonic, progresive middle class rock/pop popular in early 70s, musically speaking. And anti establishment, politics lyrically speaking, which were mainly anarchical.
All that sounds more english to me than american, anyway I'd give you the benefit of doubt as I haven't done a proper research to refute your statement completely.
As for commercializing it to the point of ruin comes from the US I must say.
#72September 26th, 2006 · 07:08 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
all I have to say is:

Mexico fuck off too!!

I listened the song again and I was thinking about more things to fuck off, by the moment Mexican Politics Sucks!

Find your own "fuck off" side 

(maybe I have to wash my fingers after write this)

Dodo
#73September 27th, 2006 · 12:46 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
16 posts
United States of America
AH HELL!
I just typed a over 2000 word comment on this damn thing, then acidentally hit the back button and I LOST IT ALL! shit...

At the way she talks about her own country it seems like she has no reason to hate America...
#74September 27th, 2006 · 12:57 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
56 posts
Latvia
Don't understand the last comment... what do i say about my country and why i don't have a reason to hate America. There is a reason to hate everything ...hmmm... golden words

I believe that none of states are good, we could live without this shit... and move around the world freely! Fuck the borders!!!

A quote from Russian punk band Purgen: "Все государства концлагеря" that means "All states are concentration camps"

And again a great lyrics of a great Lithuanian band called Bora again about the problems with borders:

Border Ban

born under same sun. same shaped. learned to walk. why can`t we?
stupid game of splitting world. with stupid rules. causing wars.
throw your everything to tread down. we don`t want. we don`t have to.
stupid game of splitting world. with stupid rules. let`s fuck them!

tear down the walls. smash every ban. make solid step.
we`re citizens of our earth. let`s take it back.
#75September 27th, 2006 · 01:13 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
16 posts
United States of America
I agree that the would would be better off without countries, and boundaries and etc but on the other hand if that was to happen wouldn't the would be under one main leader just as countries are? And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't a lot of leaders corrupted? If the world was under one leader and he wasn't a good leader then the world would be corrupted, go into a spiral down and basically destroy itself faster than it already is. On the other hand if you're talking about anarchy, people need laws, people need boundaries otherwise the world be in chaos. People would be stealing from each other, killing each other, killing themselves, and the would would again just die out, the world would be in chaos and eventually the human race would kill itself off.

What you're talking about is a perfect government and there will never be a perfect government. It will always have flaws, it will always have people against it, and it will always be somewhat corrupted in one way or another.

Now with that being said I agree that our government is messed up as I have said before, and it does need work but it is a hell of a lot better than a lot of other country's governments.
1 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 2:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.