1 2 3 4 5 6

#31June 7th, 2006 · 07:48 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Good tune. As for the lyrics, I don't find them offensive at all...being an American.

However, I do find them trite and boorish, but that is nothing against you because I find most punk lyrics boorish.

I am more into the intelligent, subtle. make-them-think protest songs, rather than the in-your-face punk style. However, since music is highly diversified, there are always those that will like what you do.

For those that are offended by the lyrics, words are just words. They don't kill. Dissention and protest are the cornerstone of democracy, and all views must be given equal opportunity.
#32June 7th, 2006 · 12:13 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
I don't understand the line "we are not indians", but nice protest!!!I don't ameriacan either!!! =)
#33June 7th, 2006 · 12:20 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
LOL this is my favorite ehmm... "discussion" here on BandAMP!
#34June 9th, 2006 · 03:23 PM
5 posts
Canada
This is rad!
#35June 9th, 2006 · 05:18 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
If you don't like the US president say: George W. Bush Fuck off
If you don't believe in God: do the same

If you are in the punk way of life: Fuck off
#36June 10th, 2006 · 05:49 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
a118 wrote…
......the makers of this song are talentless hacks with no sense of vision or artistry, and certainly no sense of reality or world history

I believe what you mean is: they are punks

as for song, once again:

wow, this surely is my favorite discussion here on bandamp

and... as for tune:

ROCK ON....
#37June 10th, 2006 · 07:51 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
A118,....::::please don't want to be a intellectual
In other words :this is (also)my favorite discussion.
Or perhaps you are  so talented  with the right vision of artistry,...and sense of reality and world history.
Then:good luck  to ya and with respect,..yours sincerely bla bla
#38June 11th, 2006 · 07:30 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
That's what i think is bla bla
Please try to say it in (for us not intellectuals)understandable words.
Good luck to you.
So please not to many words please please(live is difficult already). 
#39June 12th, 2006 · 08:43 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Although I think that a118 could have used a different tact in his initial response, he does bring up a valid point: if you make bold statements then be prepared to deal with the backlash, and also be prepared to defend your position. Many people make statements, and then use the lame excuse of, "I have a right to my opinion" as a defense when called on them. It only makes the position weaker, and it doesn't get any kind of message across that people would want to hear.

Unless, of course, your only target audience is one that believes the same way. In that case, what is the point except for one big "group hug" to bolster one's ego?
#40June 14th, 2006 · 11:04 AM
I'm american, and this doesn't bug me much...probably because I can't really hear the lyrics    (and I avoided reading them)  Seems that most people are more interested in talking about the controversy, instead of the song itself.

The song - there's just too much effect on the vocals - and the timing is out in places.  I love the energy though.
#41September 7th, 2006 · 12:02 PM
1 posts
United States of America
lol
i just like how she says fuk america even tho the internet she is using is AMERICA... DUHHHHH and the language she speaks... American ENGLISH!! but most of all i like how she says our ppolicing the world is bad... even though we stop ALLLLLL the major wars from happening. but besides that i have only 1 thing to say.... AMERICA FUCK YEAH!!!!! FREDDOM IS THE ONLY WAY YEAH!!
#42September 7th, 2006 · 01:01 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: lol
crazyjoeog wrote…
even though we stop ALLLLLL the major wars from happening.

... editing myself down here... like... HUGE rant cut down to a single phrase:

please grow up.
#43September 7th, 2006 · 07:12 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
Who is this song aimed at? If you wish to get technical an "american" is one who lives in the americas. You should specify the U.S.A. or U.S.

Central Americans are Americans, South Americans are American. There was a huge controversy on an embassy in mexico called "american embassy" ( the american embassy was the USA embassy to Mexico)
The Title of the embassy offended mexico and it was changed to "the united states embassy to mexico" because technically an american is anyone in the americas...

Be more specific in your songs 

Btw, I totally agree Bush is a FREAKING idiot, the worst president EVER to be in office. Causes wars and swears on tv. What a great president the united states has.
#44September 8th, 2006 · 12:14 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
60 posts
United States of America
PX is right...
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/850.html

This is sooooo much better  .

Anger is fine, you know, (I think 'Rage against the Machine' is the best album since god knows when) - real art is supposed to make you grow as a person. by all means bring people in touch with their anger, but at least make an effort to give them a broader perspective, to give them something to think about.

not something that's even more moronic than the thing you're trying to fight (with which fight I heartily agree, actually, but then again: I'm not really an American)

#45September 8th, 2006 · 02:04 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
56 posts
Latvia
)

man you make me laugh!!! )))

I rather live in slavery than in American "freedom"!!!

This song is written specially for these kind of people like you crazyjoeog!!! have a nice day! 
1 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 12:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.