1 2 3 4 5 6

#1January 26th, 2006 · 07:01 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
56 posts
Latvia
America Fuck Off

This song is not in a battle

Anti-american song. Special dedication for US politics especially... one and only... G.W. Bush...GO TO HELL!!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 26th, 2006 · 07:09 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
56 posts
Latvia
---LYRICS---

America Fuck Off!!!

We don't your TV
We don't your business
Fuck all american dreams
We are not indians

America Fuck Off!!!

We don't your business
We don't your politics
Your skyscrapers are dead
We don't need tour freedom

America Fuck Off!!!

Leave us!!!
We wanna be ourselves!!!
I don't believe in god!!!

America Fuck Off!!!

We don't your business
We don't your politics
Your skyscrapers are dead
We don't need tour freedom

America Fuck Off!!!

We don't your TV
We don't your business
Fuck all american dreams
We are not indians

America Fuck Off!!!

Leave us!!!
We wanna be ourselves!!!
I don't believe in god!!!

Plain ans simple......sing along!
#3January 26th, 2006 · 07:55 PM
i don't get it
this makes slightly more sense than bush's politics, I don't know if you were going for it, but the music has too much noise
#4January 26th, 2006 · 08:53 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Hmmm... I don't know what (or if anything) to say. But...

You haven't taken into account the fact that you are on an American site telling the hosts to fuck off. However, I don't think that was your point.

I don't see the point in offending any Americans just because they are from the USA, but I hope noone will get offended since it's the politicians that you were aiming at.

There is to much techno influence in it for me, but the recording is nicely done - can u please tell me what was your contribution to it? Did you compose it / play some instruments / anything else?

And work on the lyrics because they don't make much sense - you are missing words in them (verbs).

Good luck to you.

PS> Love is the answer...
#5January 26th, 2006 · 09:36 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
thanks for telling me.....feel so much better
asswipe!!!!!!
#6January 26th, 2006 · 09:41 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
forum for music  ty....for all involved
#7January 26th, 2006 · 10:15 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
Someone needs a hug...
#8January 27th, 2006 · 12:25 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
I can't believe I'm even wasting my time, but...

Lyrically - the lines start with "we" (plural) a majority of the time.  I am going to assume that "we" represents "all citizens of a nation other than America" because there is not much mystery in the context.

However, there is a line that starts with "I" (singular) which I will assume represents "the author" because there is not much mystery in the context.

Therefore, according to the text, "the author" does not believe in God.  She goes out of her way to point this out (as it is repeated).  Fine.

This sudden switch to the singular noun, to me, emphasizes the point that the author's perspective differs from that of the culture as a whole.  Fine.

The irony lies in the fact that, despite this difference, the author feels that it is acceptable to entitle a song in a way which groups an entire culture (America) under the lump sum of her target (America's president).

I find this irony hypocritical.  Of course, the previously-mentioned lack of verbs makes me find the analysis laughable. 

In short, and in the spirit of this song, "I don't your song"
#9January 27th, 2006 · 03:49 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
OK, I'm not from the States - I don't live there, I wasn't born there; even so, I found the title and (therefore) chorus line unnecessarily offensive.

That said, I'll almost contradict myself now - part of the reason for the thrash metal energetic techno noise, is to protest very loudly about thing that you don't like.  It's an expression of mood, and both the words and music are used for effect to stir a certain emotion in the listener.  Have you achieved that - you bet you have!!!  Just look at the replies you got from buzz and yeahigotadayjob.

This is not a style I enjoy listening to, but I can appreciate that this is still a good song for its genre.  It's recorded very well, it's got tons of energy, the instrument balance is very good, and it's a well constructed song.
#10January 27th, 2006 · 02:37 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
56 posts
Latvia
LOL
Huh...I was expecting this kind of reaction  ...

I agree with you...I totally screwed up the lyrics. I was writing them in a hurry...so look what happened ....

By this song we did not want to offend any American...it's all about politics...about US policing whole globe...if anyone feels offended...well...that's your problem...

To JBP: In a band I make rhythm tracks, synths and FX...and I played a guitar for the record.
#11January 27th, 2006 · 04:38 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
First off.

I find this song pretty offensive not because I am an American, but because it's stereotypical. I think stereotypes are nasty, horrible, disgusting things. You are stereotyping the American people as people who should fuck off and think of everyone as "Indians", and everyone else as people who want America to fuck off.
I have absolutely no problem with YOU not liking Americans. I don't like a hell of a lot of them either...

Yeah. That's my least favorite part.
Secondly; can your guitarists play anything other than the four notes/chords I heard?
IMHO, get a new composer.

yeahigotadayjob wrote…
In short, and in the spirit of this song, "I don't your song"
Well said.
#12January 28th, 2006 · 03:47 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
17 posts
United States of America
American Woman! Get Away From Me!
#13January 28th, 2006 · 03:52 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
56 posts
Latvia
Well...I see that you don't get the point of this song....you are so proud of your f*cked up America so when you see something like "US fuck off!" you get offended ...

It's a lot different here across the globe. A lot of people feel offended and suffer  because of US politics...

....so what I see now is a bunch of US patriots get angry ... it seems so funny...what is that thing that makes you so proud of you USA??? "Democracy" or "freedom"??? Now you can call me a TERRORIST coz I offend you freedom ....now bomb our land and save us!!! Show us freedom!!

To Oldies324: No our guitarists can't play more than 4 chords..it's impossible....it's too difficult for our minds and memory. I remember one time he learned five chord and almost forgot his name..    ....if you wanna hear more chords you should listen to jazz or classical music...not this noise we are making
#14January 28th, 2006 · 05:12 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hahaha lol, I like your punk attitude!

chords are difficult... I can play a great many but forget their names instead...

but yea.. it saddens me to see how guys I respect are offended by this song... and I understand why... and I would probably feel offended too if I were them...

ok let's see....

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/850.html

is the best anti america-politics song here on bandamp. it gets a clean 100% from me.

you gotta hand it to the ol' dubya for being such a great entertainer......

he features in a great many art projects as a guest vocalist.....

they call it wav samples, to be ripped off the web wherever you want! I'd had loved to hear some of those to stress that this is against america politics, and not the entire people - a WHOLE many of them disagree with the government themselves so it doesn't seem so fair.... and come think of it.... try running for congress yourself

but  hey a punk song is a punk song and in that I go by everything Jiminuk said.... (except for the part that this is a style I enjoy listening to!)

so, be well

and... bring more of your work.............
#15January 28th, 2006 · 07:10 AM
20 posts
United States of America
I like this
Apart from the noise it's a good song, the messed up lyrics add to the anarchic effect too.
As for offending people so what, you wouldn't be the first band to do so, and you won't be the last. Besides as you say you don't attack the American people just the morons in control.

That's my t'pence
Ta
Eric
1 2 3 4 5 6

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.