1 2

#1January 5th, 2007 · 09:00 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
collaboration?
I keep on reading about collaboration between bandamp members it sound very good but how does it work?
#2January 5th, 2007 · 09:13 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
re: collaboration?
vincentL wrote…
I keep on reading about collaboration between bandamp members it sound very good but how does it work?

Its very simple really, e-mails and skype.( preferred client)

Siren's Disaster

Flyer's Just like You

Spoon's Hole and Bucket

Just a few examples 
#3January 5th, 2007 · 09:31 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
what about the technicality
what do you need to do to get someone to add to your song I guess you must first find someone who interested but then?
#4January 5th, 2007 · 09:46 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
re: what about the technicality
vincentL wrote…
what do you need to do to get someone to add to your song I guess you must first find someone who interested but then?

Well, ya...say your looking for someone to do a gtr track for ya.....when you find that someone you would send them your song and they could record the guitar over it for ya...most people on here record with separate tracks so that person could just send you the guitar track back and you could mix it in however you like.A good way to find someone to collaborate with is in the chatroom...
#5January 5th, 2007 · 09:58 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I think this is a very good example of a collaboration, it started here and ended here!

A load of ampists sent in MP3 tracks to JBP, vocals, bass, guitar(?) and he mixed them all together, and very well too, the levels between the very different vocals is excellent you can hear every one clearly and clearly all together!
#6January 7th, 2007 · 07:10 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
lets the quest begin then
now all I need then is to find someone interested and that's will probably be the difficult bit but we'll see
#7January 7th, 2007 · 11:58 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: lets the quest begin then
vincentL wrote…
now all I need then is to find someone interested and that's will probably be the difficult bit but we'll see

What kind of collaboration are you interested in? I might be interested... I have done many collaborations, and am very familiar with the process.... I can add vocals, bass, some guitar, mandolin, or if it's techno, can add samples, or whatever..  I am fairly versatile...

JimK
#8January 8th, 2007 · 01:45 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
re: re: lets the quest begin then
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
vincentL wrote…

What kind of collaboration are you interested in? I might be interested... I have done many collaborations, and am very familiar with the process.... I can add vocals, bass, some guitar, mandolin, or if it's techno, can add samples, or whatever..  I am fairly versatile...

JimK

On the contrary, I am not as handy at the collab process, and I can only really do tracks on Fruity Loops, but, if you want that, then I will surely accept the challenge... maybe for something different... a blend of digital and recorded tracks, it all depends on what you want to do. 
#9January 8th, 2007 · 09:38 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I've got a instumental track I've been playing for a while and I can't seem to find vocal or arrengement for it feel free to have a go if you think it's worth it
You're welcome to put arrengement on my other tracks if you feel like it
thank you anyway for the interest
#10January 15th, 2007 · 11:26 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
If you want someone to write vocals to your track I am interested, I am always looking to expand my lyric writing skills, however, to record it on to the song, I am stuck there, so I'd either have to send you the lyrics to try them out, or pass them on to someone else who would like a crack at it. Also if you think an added digital track to it would help, I'd be happy to try and fill the gap there  . But the plus side to these collaborations is the experience you're working with and the personal growth with skills and knowledge about your own music in the way you can say, I'd like to see this, this and this, and maybe a little bit of this would sound nice, and there you have a nice little collaboration. 

Cheers!

WB
#11January 15th, 2007 · 11:53 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
ok...
I improvised some vocals over the instrumental.. and a little extra....  anyway....

I posted it... HERE ...

Hope you like it...

I kept messing with things, and nothing came outthe way I wanted.. improv-ing the vocals came out much better...  SHould have done that to begin with...  The rest I'm still not totally happy with... but, It's tolerable..

I may be too harsh on myself, not sure....   but I dunno.... anyway.. .hope ya like it...

JimK
#12January 16th, 2007 · 01:03 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
re: ok...
You are too harsh, I thought it was great. I left comment too! I think that was quite a successful. Jim, you're so versatile!

Great instrumental by the way Vincent 

WB
#13January 16th, 2007 · 04:37 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: collaboration?
1)collaboration is not simple......................

2)but it is also not difficult......................

zen or what!!!!!!!

collaborators need to be on the same communication platform

a lot depends on ability to post mp3 files 2 one another

i recommend skype for quick transfers of ideas............and an ability to talk 2 each other via mic 'audio'

perhaps i should write an article for the site on this subject?
#14January 16th, 2007 · 04:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
swordfish

YES!

That would be really excellent!
#15February 8th, 2007 · 11:43 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
There seem to be so many members interested in collaboration that it  deserves its own forum I think
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:23 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.