1 2 3

#1July 28th, 2006 · 01:02 AM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
Disaster - bandamp c
Score: 84.0%
Battle: 2006-09

WOW! these bandamp people rock! This is a collaboration of me (Siren) on vox and guitar, Willydavidk on piano, Flyer 7747 on bass, blakhatz and co on congas! Hope you enjoy it , and tell us what you think!!! =)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 28th, 2006 · 01:05 AM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
woo hoo!!! This song was so awesome to do! I know siren was in a rush to post it (lol ralph) but I'll give some more detail about the construction.

In the beginning, Siren went into the studio to lay down several tracks including the vox and accoustic for this particular song. After coming back she hands it out to me and Ralph (flyer). I layed down some piano at first, and later worked in a string patch you can hear in the background on the chorus. Ralph layed down some killer bass as well. And finally, blakhatz gave us some rad conga action (lol). I mixed it all together in Cubase, and after several tense finishing touches, we got the final cut!!!

weeeeeee!!!!
#3July 28th, 2006 · 01:19 AM
11 threads / 9 songs
35 posts
United States of America
pimp
#4July 28th, 2006 · 01:22 AM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
Thanks guys for your collab - it was fun!!! Maybe we'll do it agian!!! Great job on the mix down and playing! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! As for me i could've done more, one take vox and one take guitar for me on this one - you guys worked hard and deserve a beer! again - great job!!!! Love bandamp!!!!  love the way the strings build the chorus and love the punchy bass. The piano can still come up in the mix for the lead break though cuz it rocks!!! nice job! other than that, get fun working with you guys!!! yay!!! 
#5July 28th, 2006 · 02:23 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
The wait is over........
Finally this is done.I've been waiting to hear the final version ever since you asked for a bass line.What happened to Danny? Anyway I love this song.On a personal note I think the addition of all the instruments took a little away from the origional vibe I got from the version with just you and the guitar.
#6July 28th, 2006 · 02:33 AM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
Fair enough, but it was worth the collab, Danny needed better recording equiptment. I had to crank the volume 360 degrees to hear it. She did a great job though and appreciate her effort! thanks for posting Basket! I loved your Jelly old school mix!!! lol!
#7July 28th, 2006 · 05:00 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Cool
This is a really great feel good vibe.  The balance is good and I am now in a happy mood ready to face Friday!!!

Thanks to all.

PRG
#8July 28th, 2006 · 11:29 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
54 posts
Canada
Basket was right !!!!
Basketcase told me about this song a couple of weeks ago and when he tried to show me you no longer had it posted , and he wasn't kidding this is a very catchy tune i'm off to listen to some of your other uploads.
#9July 28th, 2006 · 11:41 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
it's really great sounding this! I believe I heard that acoustic & voice before... lemme see.... yeah that's in my library, I wonder how it got there

well it's become great! a great collaboration, for that alone very nice to hear, but I love the entirety really with the strings and piano and bass and congobongos.

praise!
#10July 28th, 2006 · 01:35 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Very nice song! You all did a great job here.

Maybe there are some mixing issues, but that's a matter of taste... and I think the congas need some eq.

Other than that... great tune. 
#11July 28th, 2006 · 01:42 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
a really cool song and a really good recording qualitiy. Congratulations
#12July 28th, 2006 · 01:54 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Really nice tune!
Pretty good recording quality.
Nice collaboration.

> Iszil
#13July 29th, 2006 · 01:02 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
woo whoo
my my how this song has grown , yeah way too much fun.

Just a thought,we could try uploading aiffs or 16 bit wavs to use in this sort of exercise ,mp3 are great to use as guide track.Thing is the final mix down is an mp3 of an mp3 of an mp3 and quality diminishes with each conversion. If you bounce off solo  congas or piano bass or synth as high res 16 or 24 bit files audio and post them they can be dropped into a mix and sound sweet.  Guess it depends on band width but I found this one site which allows 1 gig free .There are probably heaps of sites similar, but this one is not bad , hold for 1 week and 100 dwnloads .The link is emailed directly to recipiant  from site.

http://www.yousendit.com

congrats to all players and of course siren , it really shows that as a community of musicians B&amp really rocks .
cheers greg
blakhatz
#14July 29th, 2006 · 10:54 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Liked it the first time.  Love it this time

Everything sounds great  - but the best part is still the lovely vocals

#15July 29th, 2006 · 12:53 PM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
haha I def agree with you there jim!

Blakhatz, I never really thought into the mixdown like that. I know what you mean tho, every track is already encoded to mp3 and then they all mix down into mp3 again. At this stage I don't think it's really too much to worry about, but maybe in the future we'll try doing uncompressed tracks before mixing down, couldn't hurt anyways.
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.