1 2 3 4 5

#1September 6th, 2010 · 09:30 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
HELP - The AMP Vol II
Due to lack of interest from our members I'm going to give this ONE more effort.
Any member who wants their music included in the next BandAMP album needs to contact me by the end of September 2010, after which I will close the project if there are not enough songs to create an album.

Any members wishing to PM/EMAIL other members to encourage them to participate would be helpful, or similar.

COME ON AMPERS LET'S DO IT

I
#2September 6th, 2010 · 10:10 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
AYE! EYE! I!
I'll get my song to you before the end of September.
Thanks denis!
#3September 6th, 2010 · 11:35 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
count me in!
#4September 6th, 2010 · 02:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for your suppoert guys
NEED MORE APMERS
DON'T THINK, ACT NOW
NOW NOW NOW
#5September 7th, 2010 · 05:42 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Urgency and deadlines work in a corporate world
I dont think it work on a free internet site......and I think the lack of 'sales' of the first might deter members (if they are around) from diving in enthusiastically.

What do I think would work?
A bit of patients .....  

Let members suggest different tracks again like we did the first time, let members make some Album Art again....the interest will grow when suggestions are made.
I'm not saying this expecting Denis to go off and spend time and money on iTunes again, but I do think that creating Albums of BandAmp music should be our prerogative.
By getting the track lists, mastering, tags and artwork completed  the Album creates its self, does it need iTunes to be an Album?
Having a collection of Albums would be a massive asset to the site.

And the truth is it's easier to market one if you have 10 behind you....it gives that one a bit more credibility....you want your customer to say "God where have I been, these guys are serious!" 

I'll post my own suggestions later.....
#6September 7th, 2010 · 08:03 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Urgency and deadlines work in a corporate world
I dont think it work on a free internet site......and I think the lack of 'sales' of the first might deter members (if they are around) from diving in enthusiastically.

What do I think would work?
A bit of patients .....  

Let members suggest different tracks again like we did the first time, let members make some Album Art again....the interest will grow when suggestions are made.
I'm not saying this expecting Denis to go off and spend time and money on iTunes again, but I do think that creating Albums of BandAmp music should be our prerogative.
By getting the track lists, mastering, tags and artwork completed  the Album creates its self, does it need iTunes to be an Album?
Having a collection of Albums would be a massive asset to the site.

And the truth is it's easier to market one if you have 10 behind you....it gives that one a bit more credibility....you want your customer to say "God where have I been, these guys are serious!" 

I'll post my own suggestions later.....

The reason we have not sold many albums for Vol I is we have not done any marketing, it's as simple as that, if people don't know it's out it won't sell.
Personally I'm not concerned about how many get sold, as you said it would be great just to produce them for bandAMP.
As far as getting them published, I now use a different distributor, IT'S FREE, YES FREE, and it's sold through Amazon, iTunes and a few others. So once they are up their the albums will be available for as long as the distributor survives, so far they are growing at an alarming rate.
I disagree about not giving this a deadline, well it must have had some impact as you are the third member to show some support. So the deadline stays.

So yeah suggestions are welcome, has any other members got any song suggestions, why not suggest two or three of your bandAMP favorites
#7September 7th, 2010 · 04:55 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
um....
it's been awhile......

just got the net back & remembered my password....

can I get in on this?

thanks  & Hi everyone!  :O)

mmm
#8September 7th, 2010 · 05:08 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: um....
marthamaymoo wrote…
it's been awhile......

can I get in on this?

mmm
Hi Martha 
Yes I think you should....it needs everyone. 

So you got your net back, your password back and your memory back ... you're on a role !!
#9September 7th, 2010 · 05:18 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
roland roland roland.......
Hi back, kings.

life is good.
#10September 7th, 2010 · 05:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis I like the sound of FREE distributor, goes well with a free internet site.
And the free time you and others put into it!

Here's my 3...4,
It could start with :
MountStRobbie
New MSR
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3938.html
(it starts with "hello it's me again" )

JohnnyMahony
A Ball And Chain
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4764.html

PuppetXeno
Happy Valentine
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/1502.html

JBP
SMH
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/1518.html
#11September 7th, 2010 · 07:43 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Hey Hey Hey....I'm putting the finishing touches on a remix of one of my songs and will get it to you within the week. Seems like the more I work on it,the more I find to improve it  haha.
On the business of marketing, twice Ive posted a plea on Facebook for people to buy it ...dont know if it helped. 
Where is VH1 in all this. 
Since they get the $$ maybe an on air mention from them??
Maybe a little home page link action on VH1.com?
Maybe at least a "Tweet"? 
Maybe some thanks? 
Maybe they could help "Save the -bandamp-Music". 
With one donated album and a second on the way, would that too much to ask of them?  .....SkunkApe
#12September 8th, 2010 · 04:41 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: um....
marthamaymoo wrote…
it's been awhile......

can I get in on this?

mmm

Yes of cource, pick one of your songs and send me a quality mp3, 192 kbts or higher
denis.ahmet@gmail.com

You can also suggest some of your favourite songs on the AMP

Cheers
Denis
#13September 8th, 2010 · 04:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Denis I like the sound of FREE distributor, goes well with a free internet site.
And the free time you and others put into it!

Here's my 3...4,
It could start with :
MountStRobbie
New MSR
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3938.html
(it starts with "hello it's me again" )

JohnnyMahony
A Ball And Chain
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4764.html

PuppetXeno
Happy Valentine
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/1502.html

JBP
SMH
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/1518.html

Superb kings, thanks for your efforts 
#14September 8th, 2010 · 04:50 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SkunkApe wrote…
Hey Hey Hey....I'm putting the finishing touches on a remix of one of my songs and will get it to you within the week. Seems like the more I work on it,the more I find to improve it  haha.
On the business of marketing, twice Ive posted a plea on Facebook for people to buy it ...dont know if it helped. 
Where is VH1 in all this. 
Since they get the $$ maybe an on air mention from them??
Maybe a little home page link action on VH1.com?
Maybe at least a "Tweet"? 
Maybe some thanks? 
Maybe they could help "Save the -bandamp-Music". 
With one donated album and a second on the way, would that too much to ask of them?  .....SkunkApe

The profits on the new album will be split between the members included in the album, this will hopefully give more motivation for us to market the album.
I have some marketing ideas which I posted on the original thread, once the album has been published I'll repost the method in the hope members will take an active part.
#15September 8th, 2010 · 04:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
OK we are  on a little role, I still need more HELP,
Members please take part or suggest your favourite songs on the AMP
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 2:35 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.