1 2 3 4 5
#61May 18th, 2009 · 04:10 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hmm I can't seem to get to anyone's profile page.. I do recall that my account was confirmed, that's a good thing!

I can see I can make sticky posts, but my admin rights are otherwise disabled: I have no permission to edit anything. Well that is not the problem right now ofcourse. I haven't installed the required software packages either (to get to the documentation bit) but I will, when I get around to it.
#62May 18th, 2009 · 04:19 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
Hmm I can't seem to get to anyone's profile page.. I do recall that my account was confirmed, that's a good thing!

I can see I can make sticky posts, but my admin rights are otherwise disabled: I have no permission to edit anything. Well that is not the problem right now ofcourse. I haven't installed the required software packages either (to get to the documentation bit) but I will, when I get around to it.

I was afraid that might happen :P  I seem to have nuked the permissions list when I reset the accounts.  I don't have a good way to redo those without starting from a clean slate (which obviously will not be habitual when the site is out of a beta).  I will give you a true "superuser" status for now, which should empower you to do anything, thus trumping the lack of permissions set.  Once this gets sorted out, the permissions are pretty granular, which can really really help us keep users in line.

The documentation bit will have to be done on my end-- my test server has the documentation library, but this mangos.dontexist.net does not have it yet.

I will probably have to reset things again in a day or two... if that ever happens again, I'll be sure to set you back up.
#63May 18th, 2009 · 05:02 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Oki Dokie!
#64May 19th, 2009 · 12:45 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I've completed media uploads, but it's not on the live version of the beta yet.  Should be up and running by the end of today, my time zone (MST, -7).

User accounts will likely all be shot down again, as well as existing forum posts.  *Should* be the last time I have to severely mess up existing data on the site.

(PX, those user permissions should come back into the picture once I make the change, so I'll try to give you the "Staff" status again and we'll see how it goes.)

Picking genres for your media uploads also works.

I've been relying on a particular method to do some of the webpage fanciness, so please post to the beta site's 'website issues' forum if *any* of you have an issue with something not working as expected.
1 2 3 4 5
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.