1 2 3 4 5

#46May 3rd, 2009 · 02:11 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
It did say "This doesn't work yet" next to the "send" button though.

Ah-- I forgot to take that part away once it was finished.

PuppetXeno wrote…
Also, the views/replies statistics aren't properly updated.. And it mentions "TLS" as being the most recent poster to every thread, while this is clearly not so.

Those are hard-coded into each thread, but as soon as I write a method on the thread object to return the latest poster, it should turn out to work correctly.

kings wrote…
To have bandAmp / music specific bbcode commands , like [lyrics] , that would make a search for the tagged words on lyric sites? 
Or is that too much of a good thing?  ;)

No-- we can do that.  the tag itself is trivial to write, but I think the idea needs some more specifics attached to it in order to properly create what you're envisioning.

So that you all know, there are also tags for [title] and [verse], primarily for use in the lyrics section.  By default this just will make the wrapped text bold.

A really nice feature to these bbcode tags that we'll be using is that the skin has 100% control over what each tag looks like.  In most cases, a tag is just replaced with an html 'span' tag with a class named after the tag.  For instance, the 'b' is really just a span with the class 'bbcode_b', and 'strike' is really just 'bbcode_strike'.  That way, the CSS has absolute power over it.
#47May 3rd, 2009 · 06:48 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
youtube tag working.

I dont' have a good way to avoid making you copy the 'code' out of the URL (the v=n5_E7cl72Pk part, for example).

use it by placing the code between a 'youtube' tag, like this example:

See it in action here: http://mangos.dontexist.net/the-pit/61/
#48May 3rd, 2009 · 09:29 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Is this a school computer?  It seems really really locked down.

I think it's probably not the computer itself that blocks Youtube, but instead your internet connection.

Nobody should be forced to have an internet connection blocked like that.  If it's a school thing, that's understandable, but if that's just how it is at your home, you need to get some help with that.

That's probably also your problem with not being able to see images that we post here.  Most of us do it through an image-hosting website, and your connection's proxy won't let it through.
#49May 3rd, 2009 · 10:27 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
huh.

seems kind of extreme, but I understand why he blocks it, but.. the whole youtube?  I'd say that a better solution would be to block the "confirm over 18" page, so that you could never confirm anything that would bring you to the more 'adult' content.  Youtube is a wonderful thing-- to block the whole thing is a little over-dramatic.

You know the situation best, but I'm sure a guy like him could figure out a way to block that age confirmation page, and refuse any cookies that would let you store the info.

I'm no fan of contracting spyware/adware, but I think smart browsing beats the crap out of intense mass denial of sites!  Heh.. that's why I refuse to used Internet Explorer, because it's weak for security.

At any rate.  I understand the situation a bit better now.  Sorry about the youtube thing.  I'd like to find a way to link out to a variety of sites.  Youtube just happens to be really easy to embed into pages.  I'll see what I can do about getting Google Video in the mix.
#50May 3rd, 2009 · 10:32 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
(psst-- I could still get you through, most likely Not everything is blocked.  You just need a more technical solution.  You can make any computer into  your slave, so that you look like a different computer.  for instance, if you've got firefox, you could easily access the internet as if you were my computer.  Your laptop doesn't block access to my mangos.dontexist.net site, therefore you could "tunnel" into my machine, and then make my computer access sites for you.  My computer can automatically forward stuff to yours, and it would never look like you've accessed anything except for the beta site    )

Anyway, just wanted to point out that a person can't *actually* block everything.  That is (in all actuality) impossible.
#51May 4th, 2009 · 01:22 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Hey, that's good news!  Glad we could spark some motion into the whole thing!
#52May 6th, 2009 · 01:20 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
slight update:

I squandered 2 entire nights trying to make the bbcode work for a [ code ] tag, and then some shortcut tags.  for instance, putting an "*" on either side of a word, or a "_" or a "``" (double back-tick).  I've let the themes customize what the "*" and "_" do, but "``" is like a quick code tag, which escapes anything inside of it.

Anyway.. probably should have been working on more important things.

Next up.. making the file uploads work.  (it's half-way in place already, but i needed a break from that whole thing)
#53May 9th, 2009 · 04:00 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
laid down some groundwork for a simple Help index page.

Added terms page, but it contains nothing currently.  (well, that's a lie-- go to http://mangos.dontexist.net/help/terms if you want to see what is there.)

will fix the threads' "last post" info next, since i'm sure that not everybody wants to see my username all over their posts
#54May 9th, 2009 · 10:53 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
when i go to your terms site it gives me 404!!! ATTACK OF THE 404 ERROR!!! MUAHAHAUHAHUA!!!
404'd wrote…
Page not found (404)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://mangos.dontexist.net/help/terms

Using the URLconf defined in urls, Django tried these URL patterns, in this order:

^admin/doc/
^admin/
^$
^login/$
^logout/$
^ajax/
^forums/
^ ^$
^ ^overview/?$
^ submitThread/?$
^ submitPost/?$
^ success?$
^ ^(?P[^/]+)/(?Pd+)/?$
^ ^(?P[^/]+)/?$
The current URL, help/terms, didn't match any of these.

You're seeing this error because you have DEBUG = True in your Django settings file. Change that to False, and Django will display a standard 404 page.
#55May 9th, 2009 · 02:03 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
oops.

i found a flaw in my automatic script that puts my changes on the live site :P  dang.
#56May 11th, 2009 · 05:28 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Hi TLS..
When is rollout of new site????

I know u workin hard ..............

but u must be close??

A DATE????

draw a line????

ROUGHly

Fish
#57May 15th, 2009 · 05:50 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
SORRY for dropping off the face of teh good ol' planet, everybody.  been busy recently.

I'm sorry to say that your beta user accounts didn't survive an update I made but that's okay, since it was just a bunch of beta accounts   .  Strangely, the posts are still intact, and your profiles will start showing up in the slots when the user id numbers start existing again.  Ignore the fact that all of the forum postings will be scrambled.  I could drop them, but i may as well keep them.

biggest update: profiles.  It's still a little janky, but it's there.

tell me what you think.

avatars should be customizable soon.  i've got everything in place for it, but no upload form for you to use  quite yet.

http://mangos.dontexist.net/profile/TLS

to get to you own profile, use
http://mangos.dontexist.net/me
or
http://mangos.dontexist.net/profile

but remember.. your user accounts are gone, so just sign up again.
#58May 15th, 2009 · 11:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hmm I still need to "confirm", so I checked the 13-year button and filled in my addy, however pushing the large inviting button didn't do anything.. It still says I need to confirm... 

It does say I have 19 posts now.. THats cool. There's one thing that's really been boggling my mind though... How so, do mangos not exist?
#59May 15th, 2009 · 11:54 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
haha.. 'tis a mystery to even I.  But I knew right from the start that it was worth bringing to the attention of all those who read my domain name

PuppetXeno wrote…
Hmm I still need to "confirm", so I checked the 13-year button and filled in my addy, however pushing the large inviting button didn't do anything.. It still says I need to confirm...
Ah.. right.  I forgot that part i'll fix that shortly.

PX, for the sake of getting used to the way the site works (and in light of the fact that you have some pull over the current Amp management, even if you want to stop being at such a position in the future), I've given your account the "staff" role, which allows you to log into the Admin part of the site ( http://mangos.dontexist.net/admin/  -- note the trailing slash on the end).  You are perfectly free to browse around and have a look at a few things.  Some stuff is not at its "end point" of production, but i think you'll find that the Admin site will show you more about how this whole thing works together.

Better to have a look during this state, rather than right as we try to make the switch.
#60May 17th, 2009 · 08:03 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
profile pages are coming together a bit more

you can upload photos and change your avatar now.

oh, and account confirmation works
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:55 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.