1 2 3 4 5

#31May 1st, 2009 · 09:26 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
meh.. I just slapped it down a few months ago.  Not intended to be the end-all logo.  Again, it's per-skin.

Honestly, I just took the red shape from behind our current logo, and turned it upright.  and what do we do?  music.  So there's music notes.

Seems simple and effective to me.  If you can define what "sad" means, I'll know better what to do with it!
#32May 1st, 2009 · 10:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol cool man.
i really like it but i mean i think the red shape thing upright (or upside down or whatever you want to call it) looks like part of a sad simely face is all...nothing big...i liked all the music notes and stuff that was really cool.

i completely understand that none of this is set it stone and everything is subject to change, but so far it looks like this is turning out pretty good!
#33May 1st, 2009 · 10:34 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
holy crap so i went to post on the new site and it gave me this:
This is really big so its in a quote wrote…
AttributeError at /music/3/
'AnonymousUser' object has no attribute 'pk'Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://mangos.dontexist.net/music/3/?p=2
Exception Type: AttributeError
Exception Value: 'AnonymousUser' object has no attribute 'pk'
Exception Location: /home/rydia/PyndAMP/forum/views.py in getThread, line 100
Python Executable: /usr/bin/python
Python Version: 2.5.4
Python Path: ['/usr/lib/python2.5', '/usr/lib/python2.5/plat-linux2', '/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk', '/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages', '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages', '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Numeric', '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL', '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gst-0.10', '/var/lib/python-support/python2.5', '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0', '/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/gtk-2.0', '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode', '/home/rydia/Django', '/home/rydia', '/home/rydia/PyndAMP']
Server time: Fri, 1 May 2009 20:29:24 -0600

Traceback Switch to copy-and-paste view
/home/rydia/Django/django/core/handlers/base.py in get_response
            # Apply view middleware            for middleware_method in self._view_middleware:                response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)                if response:                    return response            try:                response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs) ...            except Exception, e:                # If the view raised an exception, run it through exception                # middleware, and if the exception middleware returns a                # response, use that. Otherwise, reraise the exception.                for middleware_method in self._exception_middleware:                    response = middleware_method(request, e)¢º Local vars
Variable Value
callback 
callback_args ()
callback_kwargs {'forumName': u'music', 'threadPK': u'3'}
e AttributeError("'AnonymousUser' object has no attribute 'pk'",)
exc_info (, AttributeError("'AnonymousUser' object has no attribute 'pk'",), )
exceptions 
middleware_method 
receivers [(, None)]
request 
resolver 
response None
self 
settings 
urlconf 'urls'
urlresolvers 

/home/rydia/PyndAMP/forum/views.py in getThread
                parentPosts.extend(int(i.strip()) for i in request.POST.get("quotedPosts", "").split(',') if i.strip() != '')            except:                raise Http404                        reply.save()            # Get all parents and make the associations            reply.parents = Forum.objects.filter(pk__in=parentPosts).distinct()            reply.authors = User.objects.filter(pk=request.user.pk) ...            reply.save()                        # Increment the quote counter on quoted posts                                    # Finish¢º Local vars
Variable Value
EmptyPage 
InvalidPage 
Paginator 
ThreadReplyForm 
User 
form 
forum 
forumName u'music'
parentPosts [3, 34]
request
#34May 2nd, 2009 · 08:32 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Tim, it just could be the way I see things but I seriously think that this looks sad.....

:(

LOL, Why not turn it the other way then you'll have
#35May 2nd, 2009 · 08:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Your doing yourself proude TLS, keep up the good work!!!

Denis
#36May 2nd, 2009 · 03:39 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Thanks

Weird.. i posted something last night, but it didn't show up.

@TheKunadiun:

thanks for posting that-- I had forgotten about that error.  You tried to post when you weren't logged in.

I'll have to see what the default "session" time is, or in other words, how long you have to be idle before it logs you out automatically.

I intend to make a little mechanism on the forums to help people see when they have been logged out automatically.  This way if that does ever happen, you'll be able to see on the page that  you've been logged out.  You'll have the option to then log back in right there, without losing your post.

I'm going to be working on it for the next few hours now, so you can go ahead and check up on it a bit today.

Tim
#37May 2nd, 2009 · 04:21 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ive tried logging in on and creating an account but it wont work...it either gives me that error or it just says signed in and then when i try to post it gives me that error
#38May 2nd, 2009 · 04:39 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
TheKunadiun wrote…
ive tried logging in on and creating an account but it wont work...it either gives me that error or it just says signed in and then when i try to post it gives me that error

I've gathered from your previous posts that you're using Internet Explorer.  That is the browser from hell, and won't follow simple standards.  however, this shouldn't be difficult.  I just created an account in 5 seconds with IE, and had no trouble.

Do you know what version of IE you're using?  When you're in the browser, just push Alt-H, and then a menu will pop up.  Choose the (usually last option), "About Internet Explorer".  Somewhere on there you should see an obvious version number.. 6, 7, or 8.  God help you if you're using something lower than that.

If you're using IE6, then I would recommend you go to the computer's Control Panel, and then "Windows Update", and let it download everything since 2005, because you've been ignoring automatic updates.

If you're using IE7, then something just isn't happening right.  I tried to make it as easy as possible to sign up, but maybe I'm missing something.
#39May 2nd, 2009 · 04:42 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
kings, I added the url bbcode tag.  I had forgotten about it :P  I saw you trying to test it.

How would you like the [google] tag to work?  put in search words, and it links to the search?
#40May 2nd, 2009 · 05:04 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Can't believe how many posts there are to your original TLS!  Guess we're all looking forward to having a new site (or at least some new and improved functionality).
So I've logged in... still getting the 404 and warning about how sad you'll be if I don't confirm my account!

It's all a bit busy for me at the moment, with tiny text that just looks like any old forum (as stated in other posts here), but if it's just a matter of the user skinning it to their choice then that's fine with me - I'll have it similar in layout to the current site cos I'm old and can't learn new tricks lol.

Seriously though - I'm impressed with the work that's been put into this.  Really looking forward to checking out the finished article.

Cheers
Jim A
#41May 2nd, 2009 · 05:08 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the reply.

I'd like to get the theme for the current bandamp up and running relatively soon, too, so that people can be comfortable with the change, while learning what new things there are in the site.

As for the small text-- you'll have to excuse me on that.  I do all my work on a 25 1/2-inch widescreen monitor, with another giant one sitting right next to it.  The small text could be my mistake, as I have my big monitor right in my face all the time.  I'll do my best to improve that.  Keep the feedback coming.  If something doesn't change, and you don't know why, then just speak up.  If I haven't given a reason for something, then chances are I'm simply not actively working on it!

i think I just took away the time restriction for you, Jiminuk.  I'll double check on that.
#42May 2nd, 2009 · 05:41 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
im using IE7...maybe i was doing something wrong...
lol i liked how you used the words "god help you if your using anything under IE7 or 6..." lol...that pretty much made my day.

im gonna go try making an account again...

sweet im in!
"Our administrators will then clean up your mess, and TLS will shake his head in sadness over the fact that he decided to allow users to be so careless at his own expense. "
lol
classic

P.S. when I clicked the "confirm" link in this sentance: "This account is usable, but you'll have to confirm it for us within the next 23 hours, 58 minutes" it gave me a 404 error. do you confirm them?
#43May 3rd, 2009 · 01:35 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Currently, I'm manually removing the time limit, and I'm confirming your accounts for you.  I just haven't programmed the interface to let you do it yourselves yet.

You can now post new threads in existing forums.  Try to be nice with it.  I'm not enforcing any of the file uploads, and some of the features of media don't work yet.  for instance, even if you try to upload a music file to the Music forum, it won't actually pull in the file and attach it with the post yet.

But have at it in the non-media forums.
#44May 3rd, 2009 · 04:05 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Cool, I managed to post a new thread. I had to find the [ + ] button first, but it actually works smoother and more intuitive than the current system (or any forum for that matter). It did say "This doesn't work yet" next to the "send" button though. But y'all can check for yourselves that I have succesfully posted a thread there...

Also, the views/replies statistics aren't properly updated.. And it mentions "TLS" as being the most recent poster to every thread, while this is clearly not so.
#45May 3rd, 2009 · 09:56 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TonightsLastSong wrote…
kings, I added the url bbcode tag.  I had forgotten about it :P  I saw you trying to test it.

How would you like the [google] tag to work?  put in search words, and it links to the search?

I was trying out some html tags with the google search on the beta site.

But a bbcode [google] tag would be excellent.

It would put the word within the tags into a google search string , to open a google search page in a new window.

*an idea
To have bandAmp / music specific bbcode commands , like [lyrics] , that would make a search for the tagged words on lyric sites? 
Or is that too much of a good thing? 
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:47 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.