1 2 3 4 5

#16May 1st, 2009 · 12:30 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
re: is a field really necessary in a response?
PuppetXeno wrote…
Will this "narrowed" layout also be available in the new Bandamp?

Yes.  It will just depend on the theme you choose to be your default.  And if you don't find any of them to your liking, you can pick one that is closest to your ideal vision, and then make alterations if you want.  (Will require a little bit of admin-intervention to get a new theme available for choosing.)
#17May 1st, 2009 · 12:30 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
i logged into kings account (please dont shoot me i just wanted to see how it works) and when you mouse over his name these other menus show up but they get cut off by the end of the computer screen.
#18May 1st, 2009 · 12:32 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
re: re: is a field really necessary in a response?
TonightsLastSong wrote…
PuppetXeno wrote…
Will this "narrowed" layout also be available in the new Bandamp?

Yes.  It will just depend on the theme you choose to be your default.  And if you don't find any of them to your liking, you can pick one that is closest to your ideal vision, and then make alterations if you want.  (Will require a little bit of admin-intervention to get a new theme available for choosing.)

i like how your making it so everyone can choose exactly what they want, because im sure that none of us can all agree and like exactly the same thing. way to go in that aspect
#19May 1st, 2009 · 01:18 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
subjects are now disabled, except as Thread titles.

method to create new threads will arrive today, hopefully.

demo for paragraph rating and quoting counts (http://mangos.dontexist.net/music/3/).  currently you can quote (reply) to specific paragraphs, but it doesn't raise the count yet.  That should be trivial to implement in the next day or two.

look forward to being able to rate the paragraphs, as well as view ratings that have been submitted previously.
#20May 1st, 2009 · 01:22 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
doh.. i forgot.  The reason why I had subjects as a required field was because I'm using it as the way to use the reply links.  If you find a post which has some "x replies" text at the bottom, and click on the text, you get a list of hotlinks to the posts which were replies.  Not intuitive to represent with just a post number, so I was using the subject fields.
#21May 1st, 2009 · 02:20 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
i know this is probably pre-mature to say...but i really really dont like the new site lol. it wont let me post anything (i signed into kings account and tried to create my own) but it keeps telling me that a subject is required, and then i press back and all that i have typed has disappeared...very annoying.

the user-friendlyness and functionality in my opinion has went down greatly (and i know this is just the beta and barely anything works) but i really hope it doesnt stay like that lol.

theres also a whole crapload of wasted space when you post a comment...the user avatar is freaking huge and then theres this whole huge block of grayish space (which im guessing would be incorporated with the time and day you posted, your username, your threads, your songs, your posts and the PM and QUOTE links and then what area you are from.

i say when you post try and keep it as similar to the layout as it is now...i like it that way (like how it displays your avatar and your username and everything the way it does now)

(also i really like the Reply box with the emoticons and the bold and the stars and the img tags and whatnot)
#22May 1st, 2009 · 02:29 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Just about everything you're concerned about is a matter of skinning it.  Nothing is very 'final' yet, and i've been severely neglecting the visuals.

I can say that the big gray space that you don't like-- it will be filled with something really sweet.  I just haven't gotten it made yet.

As for the quote links-- I've done away with them, as you can quote paragraphs with the left-hand gutter of each paragraph.

I apologize about the subject thing.  I'll fix that.  I overlooked something when I made an edit.

Reply box with emoticons and other helpful buttons will come soon-- they're just not very vital to posting.  That's just frilly stuff.

Thanks for the feedback, TheKunadiun-- I appreciate the honesty.
#23May 1st, 2009 · 02:32 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ah ok..i just wanted to make sure everything was taken care of and nothing was left out.
i cant wait to see everything once its done! keep at it man this is really cool.

thanks!
#24May 1st, 2009 · 07:11 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I like the home page text 'bandamp', but does the logo have to be so sad?

Very good stuff Tim you have been busy, still a bit of ironing to do though.

I must agree about the width of this set up, a right hand margin might help.
Though the truth is if members dont like a theme they can skin their own.

Keep at it. 
#25May 1st, 2009 · 07:30 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Truth be told, I like fixed-width setups a bit better, as well.  It helps with the CSS process-- you don't have to consider weird window sizes and stuff.

Haha.. how about this logo?

#26May 1st, 2009 · 07:34 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
logo isnt showing up for me...its just a broken jpg...
#27May 1st, 2009 · 07:40 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
dude, you and your images never work :P You should be able to right-click the place where the image is, and say "copy address", or "open in new tab/window" or something..?
#28May 1st, 2009 · 07:53 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
its not a link.
the only options i have when i right click on it are:
Show Picture (which doesnt show the picture)
Go to my Pictures
Copy
Add to Favorites
Add to Google photos screensaver
Properties

anyways i can see other images just fine if you upload them to your "album" on bandamp and then use the [img tags and BAM presto cilantro i can see it lol.
#29May 1st, 2009 · 08:44 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Tim, it just could be the way I see things but I seriously think that this looks sad.....

#30May 1st, 2009 · 09:07 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol i noticed that too!
1 2 3 4 5

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:19 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.