1 2 3 4

#31July 5th, 2007 · 02:16 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Avi, man!
You are making a huge hurricane in a little cup of water!
I'm pretty old in the site, and we all have been living happily and peacefully not even considering that our reviews could be a material thing we should control.
Dude, if you are here I guess is because you wanna improve as a musician and help others like you, so if that "others" consider your help is useless or simple they don't wanna even read it, you should just say: "OK, so the waste it!", instead of making this huge deal. And if you don't even want to feel despised, just walk away.
I guess the 99% of the community is happy with the way the site works, and I love it! Just don't come to us with irrelevant discussions that go nowhere.
Hope I don't sound so rude, but is a direct way of simplifying all this and try to end this discussion that's just making us have a "bad time".

> Iszil
#32July 5th, 2007 · 04:12 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
When I said I had washed my hands clean of this thread, unfortunately, the amp didn't hear me and I keep getting bombarded with emails.

So, my last reply (I've setup a filter to automatically archive emails for this thread now).

Iszil wrote…
Avi, man!
You are making a huge hurricane in a little cup of water!
I'm pretty old in the site, and we all have been living happily and peacefully not even considering that our reviews could be a material thing we should control.
Dude, if you are here I guess is because you wanna improve as a musician and help others like you, so if that "others" consider your help is useless or simple they don't wanna even read it, you should just say: "OK, so the waste it!", instead of making this huge deal. And if you don't even want to feel despised, just walk away.
I guess the 99% of the community is happy with the way the site works, and I love it! Just don't come to us with irrelevant discussions that go nowhere.
Hope I don't sound so rude, but is a direct way of simplifying all this and try to end this discussion that's just making us have a "bad time".

> Iszil

While I feel that my opinion is at least as important as yours--even though you seem to disagree--I've already said I was done with this discussion.  You're the one who has now dragged it on.  That you call a request and an opinion I have, regardless of whether you agree with it or not, "irrelevant" and "[going] nowhere" is downright insulting.

toastedgoat wrote…
That is in the Subject box of your post on this thread.............what else am I supposed to derive from this comment, but the fact that.. ..somehow you believe that for whatever reason it is that people should not have control over their songs, and they should not be able to delete them at will.

You also stated that "people were deleting the songs for the wrong reasons" ....  This seems offensive and egotistical. Who are you, or anybody else to tell me what I can, or can't do with one of my songs. What reason or reasons they are deleted for are of no consequence....this site would have problems if we started telling each other what we could or could not do with with the control of our music.

This is a diverse community with  diverse points of views on music and ideas..We won't always agree on things just like on this thread, and that is ok.  but you would lose some artist/writers/musicians and keep many away if they lost control on their songs.

There are some rules on uploaded and deleting and the re-uploading of songs already in place.

ps I'll  keep the thoughts on the demand to speak to an admin. on a free sight that is a big gift to us all to myself (just remember this,..... Popworld Promotes,.... was another free upload site that just shut down, and it would be a shame to make the administration feel unappreciated,... and feel the need to shut this site down).

I say thanks to  the admin and mods.....It's a free site be thankful and appreciate what you have.

The subject isn't the entire point--that's why we have a post body.  What I expect is that before telling me I was wrong, you read the rest of my post.  Seems like you only just did.

Don't preach about "a free site be thankful and appreciate what you have".  I've said it several times (find the posts, they are there unless someone deleted them) that if it's a simple matter of money, then put up a donate link somewhere, put up ads.  I'll be happy to donate some money to keep this site worked on, and I'll be happy to click on ads every time I visit.

A website is nothing without it's users, and it's no great deed for an admin to conversely make me feel unappreciated.  Just because the owner of this website hasn't decided to capitalize on the obvious value of the monetization of this website doesn't make him a saint.

"This seems offensive and egotistical." you said. I haven't begun to properly spell out how much I've been offended, undermined and hurt as a consequence of this thread.  Who am I to say that?  I'm me.  I have the right to whatever opinion I want.  If you, or anyone else, feels they need to deny me of that right, then this thread becomes little more than a metaphorical prison.

You also haven't seemed to hold back on your other thoughts, so why hold back on your thoughts on my demand to speak to an admin?  PM me if you want.

Blueyes, thanks for making your point with respect to me.  I appreciate it more than you can imagine.  The same to most everyone on the first page.

I won't get any more emails for this thread, so I am done with the discussion--the point was (cruelly) made.

[edit] Admins, any way for me to lock this?
#33July 5th, 2007 · 10:02 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
O Poo! And theres me just about to give you my heartiest opinion!!!!

O! BTW Avi : Welcome to bandAmp !  Hope to read some more wonderful threads from you in the future !!! LOL
#34July 5th, 2007 · 06:16 PM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
There is no sarcasm. The fact is that with the way the site is right now, nothing will get done unless there's a major overhaul/rewrite. Not only that, but the fact that there is no one to implement any of your ideas is just more of an indication that nothing will get done. A site is nothing without it's users, look at friendster. They refused to make upgrades and it went to the toilet. I don't see why you take every post as an attack on you, that's the wrong way to approach anything on the internet. This is my last post on this site, good luck folks, don't get your hopes up on changes anytime soon.
#35July 5th, 2007 · 06:38 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
my last post to this thread too
i read the whole post and all the responses to it before I even posted my first comment.  Your point was that you felt people were deleting their songs for the wrong reasons, and for some reason you feel bad that you have posted comments (good or bad) to someones song and then they deleted it for whatever reason. 

My point is it doesn't matter what the reason is .........bad reviews/post .....newer version.....remix .....not happy with it and just want to remove it ......it doesn't matter   it's that artist song to do with as they want and should not be held up because someone is upset their comment was deleted when the songs was deleted .........the comment would make no sense without the original song still being there to see what the comment was about in the first place....

I meant by the  "who are you" comment,....  that because you might have posted some comment to one of my song,s I should not be able to delete it, or whatever with it ......To me you are another site user, and musician.....no better or no worse than any other musician ,or site user here... you rights on here are the same as mine or anyone else's ....which does not in no way give you the right to make demands to admins about the control over mine or anybody else's music..... I would never attempt to tell you what you could do with your music... why are you trying to get admin to put controls on someone else's music .....it just doesn't seem right ...
#36July 5th, 2007 · 07:28 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
egostatistical
okay avinash, this is my egostatistical side:

you spent 3 posts to introduce your point of view. Including an auto-quote (Why you don't edited the last one)
next, you in the page 1 you wrote 4 posts to answer to JimK, PX and Iszil and one for a "forgot to say"
the page 2 contains 5 posts from you, to many answers including your great and ironic sense of humor with the "60's free will" critique
Unfortunatelly we've missed your "precises" opinions in the page 3 but i wish you the best to keep on writing the "protected" points of view.

You sum 12 excellent posts man congrats! 

While I'm writing this post I could see you get 213 posts, so I just read near to the 5% of your opinions
I can't say "I know how you think" 'cause I just remember the last 5% citated but I really don't need your opinions, your points of view, your counter post and anything else...

You don't want the "Allow people to delete a song" because you are only worried for the post counter not for the comments you drop in the reviews-critiques.

You claim  your "intellectually property rights", poor man, go to feed the pigs and claim the patent if they don't shit man!

I wish you could get the 1000th post or more, but trully well intended, not just to feed your own egostatistical side. If you  want to be at the frontpage as the "Top poster ever" please ask for it to slasherx he could do it and for free, you can save the 10 bucks to chat with Mud

sincerely yours, Dodo
#37July 5th, 2007 · 07:33 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
re: egostatistical
dodosito wrote…
..., to many answers ...

sorry, I wanted to write too many answers

Funny no? I have now one post more

Dodo
#38July 5th, 2007 · 07:36 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
re: re: egostatistical
dodosito wrote…
I have now one post more

Dodo

oh oh maybe the right expression is: Now I have one more post

Doesn't matter

Did you catched the main idea no?

Dodo

PD I'm happy because I'm writing more than ever! (3 posts for a day, it's new record) 
#39July 6th, 2007 · 05:26 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
avinashv wrote…
I've said it several times (find the posts, they are there unless someone deleted them) that if it's a simple matter of money, then put up a donate link somewhere, put up ads.  I'll be happy to donate some money to keep this site worked on, and I'll be happy to click on ads every time I visit.

You're alone in this.

Go to musicv2.com or better yet: myspace, if you so much like that kind of thing.

Another thing:

I put a time-out on you. Please remove your antagonism and your arrogance, work on humility and open-mindedness. You do not own this site. You are obviously alone in your views, so stop trying to force your ideas through. It's not going to happen.

The end.
#40July 6th, 2007 · 05:27 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
test
#41July 6th, 2007 · 01:23 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
[quote=slasherx]. The fact is that with the way the site is right now, nothing will get done unless there's a major overhaul/rewrite. Not only that, but the fact that there is no one to implement any of your ideas is just more of an indication that nothing will get done.

Does this not concern anyone?
#42July 6th, 2007 · 11:28 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
What a great read that all was!!!

It's a pain when you've written a great constructive review on a song, which is then removed by the artist for what-ever reason.  But I really don't think I'll be sitting up in bed worrying about it.
#43July 8th, 2007 · 06:06 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hey Avi 'the Amp' has been here before! : http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/31454.html
#44July 9th, 2007 · 09:17 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
True,

In the end, a lot of people think it sucks that their critiques are lost whenever a song is deleted. But one cannot claim any rights to keep having them published; the artist can delete the song, the original author of a thread can delete a thread, and this will unpublish all comments and critiques made to that thread aswell. It is no different.

Better be aware of notorious "deleters" if you don't want this to happen to you!
#45July 9th, 2007 · 08:17 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Avi, dude!
Well, first, I didn't want to sound that rude, sorry.
Now, your point of view is so pointless I can't see the reason to make up all this mess for that. You really find is that important a valuable your post to a song that the song's creator cannot delete because your words are there? Man, that's really egocentric.
Dude, you try to take the way of thinking off your mind, and continue enjoying this site as much we all do.

> Iszil
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.