1 2 3 4

#1July 1st, 2007 · 01:35 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Dont allow people to delete songs
It's happening way too much: people are deleting songs which have bad feedback or comments they find distasteful.  Songs should only be deleted by request of administration with good reason.

Of course, writing this means nothing.

I demand an administrator reply to my countless PMs and forum posts.

Fuck that: Mudd--I'll pay you $10 to talk to me for 15 minutes on Yahoo, MSN or AIM--surely your time is worth $40 an hour?
#2July 1st, 2007 · 01:39 PM
2 posts
United States of America
have to disagree
If I post a creative work of my own, as required by bandamp rules, I darn well want to retain the right to remove it if I decide to, for whatever reason.  If you take away that capability, yer probably have less songs posted.
#3July 1st, 2007 · 01:43 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
re: Dont allow people to delete songs
avinashv wrote…
Songs should only be deleted by request of administration with good reason.

I'm also approaching this for a different reason to why you may want to delete something.
#4July 1st, 2007 · 01:49 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Actually, I claim intellectual property rights over every single post I make here.  I can legally demand to see any bit of text I have written.  As of right now, I have lost several critiques and comments I have made.
#5July 1st, 2007 · 03:29 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea! Bummer!
The worst is if you've sat there for an hour writing the most amazing comment ever and then you realize as you hit send that you're no longer logged in!!!!! And all is lost to virtual space! 
#6July 1st, 2007 · 04:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
just thought : This is another damn good reason why we should have an 'Audio Review' foum and a 'Collab Review' forum.
Deleting posts should theoretically not happen in the Audio Review forum while you would write a comment in the Collab Review knowing it is for the purpose of change!
#7July 1st, 2007 · 10:39 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Deleting songs...
Here is the thing, All songs can be deleted unless it has been in the battle. I would have no problem changing this to NO songs can be deleted. That would be fine, and here is why, as an Admin, I can delete songs, at your request. The reason songs in battles are not allowed to be deleted is because it messes with the hall of fame, and other archive tools of the site, if you delete it, after it wins, then it screws up everything. We understand there is a reason to delete a song, but we discourage it, unless you have an actual legal conflict..  But, if your song isn't in the battle, and we set it up so NO song can be deleted, then all one would have to do is ask for it to be removed. And we could do so, but I would hope that would discourage people from deleting a song because the feedback wasn't what they wanted.. I have personally gotten good and bad feedback, I just don't let any of it bother me, because I already know I suck, so, no big deal if you tell me... 

JimK
#8July 2nd, 2007 · 04:52 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
re: Deleting songs...
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
And we could do so, but I would hope that would discourage people from deleting a song because the feedback wasn't what they wanted..

That's exactly why I think that songs shouldn't allowed to be deleted.  If there is a legal issue, I can PM you and say yeah, get rid of it please.
#9July 2nd, 2007 · 06:18 AM
2 posts
United States of America
no problem with leaving thread
Fine, if the intellectual property is of such importance, leave it.  Separate the thread postings from the uploaded audio file.  If artists want to remove their audio file(s), they shouldn't have to ask "moderator may I".  There may be a valid reason other than a legal issue.  It also leaves the artist with some sense of some control over their own work.  If you do take away this personal control, be sure to make it very clear to all current and future members.
#10July 2nd, 2007 · 01:25 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
There was a discussion about this before. Why have to rely on the moderators if you want to delete a song you had up here? We have rules about re-posting songs... That should be enough. If it is unclear how to delete one's songs once they are on here, which it might if it involves contacting one of the moderators - - - - - this may keep people from joining uploading their songs in the first place. IT WOULD CERTAINLY KEEP ME... It was one of my concerns: what happens to my songs once they are on here? What if I want them out of here? It may seem a very small and simple step to contact a moderator, but -- for newcomers.. -- who are they, and... there might be any other sort of thresh... No good!

In fact I still think it's bad that songs which were in battles cannot be deleted by normal users. IMO the mp3 could be removed, but still have the title show up in any hall of fame lists. There's a legal issue behind this. At all times, an artist will remain in complete charge of his song and has the final say in whether to keep it published or not. BandAMP holds the right to un-publish songs without notification and without any type of reason, but is not allowed to hijack songs by keeping them on here against the will of the artist.

This counts for posts written to threads aswell....

And trust me it has happened a lot to me too. As author of a post you hold the right to delete it at any time you wish. BandAMP holds that same right. The original authors of the thread you post in hold that same right of deleting the thread.... Losing all the posts in it. It's like a free publishing house, and none of the authors can hijack other people's threads by having them kept published against the will of the original artist.... Think about it.

And please don't delete this thread now cause the discussion is worth looking up now and then.

Cheers,

PX
#11July 2nd, 2007 · 01:48 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
And please don't delete this thread now cause the discussion is worth looking up now and then.

Why the hell would I delete the thread?

Your post was a little unclear in regards to posts on threads, but why not do what you mentioned?  Delete only the MP3 and keep the title and posts of the thread up locked?  I want to read my previous critiques sometimes.

It seems to be you are protecting the interests of the song posters with little regard for the few people who comment here alot.

This is one of the reasons why I've stopped reviewing songs as much as I used to.

I also love how my offer to PAY FOR 15 MINUTES OF INTERACTION VIA TEXT CHAT has gone untouched.
#12July 2nd, 2007 · 01:51 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Forgot to say--your rules for reposting songs are so poorly followed it's laughable.
#13July 2nd, 2007 · 01:54 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Seems like a good idea, but it was unclear that you were thinking in that direction.

Remove the mp3 and automatically lock the thread, but keep it accessible for reading by any. We should have a vote on this to be implemented.
#14July 2nd, 2007 · 01:56 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
No, you understood me properly before--I was thinking of a full ban on deletion.  When you suggested just an MP3 delete with retention of posts, I liked that idea.  I understand where you are coming from with a legal standpoint.

Where's the vote?
#15July 2nd, 2007 · 03:25 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Avi, freewill man!
You are here to receive feedback, being helped by people who knows more than you on something, to improve as a musician, so it's you desision to do whatever you want with a post or a song you did. This is not a legalized was of making you famous, is just a tool for helping you, so if you like it, take it, but if you don't, just don't come back.
Hope you understand me.

> Iszil
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:11 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.