1 2 3 4
#46September 2nd, 2005 · 10:43 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I've been looking at Cubase software. What specificallly do you like about it? Or if you want to direct me to a previous forum, I understand

Reality tv is overdone, now. What's that song about when music was still on MTV?
#47September 2nd, 2005 · 10:56 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Bowling for Soup is band name, and i think it's called 1985.

"Since Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she's uncool
Cause she's still preoccupied
With 19, 19, 1985 "
#48September 2nd, 2005 · 11:18 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
to be honest i use logic cos i could get it really cheap ... i didnt really consider anything else for financial reasons!
#49September 2nd, 2005 · 11:24 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
So many options...It is a wealth of info for beginners to get around. I'm trying Kristal now bc it's free, but I don't like it.
#50September 2nd, 2005 · 11:25 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
its really difficult.  all i can really suggest is to try and find someone who has these programs that you can try out.  but i know thats easier said than done!
#51September 2nd, 2005 · 12:28 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I've used all of them except Protools HD (which requires a very expensive setup with its own proprietary hardware) and I consider Cubase SX superior in pretty much every way. Logic Audio is now owned by apple and as such is 'discontinued' for the PC - so you will find that for Windows-based machines Cubase is kept far more up-to-date. There are people that prefer it though, which isn't 'wrong' - recording apps are largely subjective so randomdave's view is perfectly valid.

Unfortunately, Cubase also tends to come with the heftiest pricetag, and its also WinXP only (which is why I'm stuck using Cakewalk Sonar on this Win2K machine til I get a new one).

If I was going to tell anyone who doesn't have the opporunity to test the range thoroughly and is just going to go out and drop some money on a professional recording app (aside from ProTools) - I'd point them towards Cubase SX. Particularly if you want to use alot of VST plugins and/or VST Instruments - these are native to cubase and as such implemented best on this platform.
#52September 2nd, 2005 · 12:40 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
to be honest - i bow to DaveUK's superior knowledge on this issue.  he's already given me a few tips on recording, and i feel no shame in admitting that he's a far better producer than me.  i would recommend taking his advice rather than mine, simply because he clearly knows more than me! 
#53September 2nd, 2005 · 12:48 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Hehe thanks man but if you prefer logic then who is to say that isn't the best recording app for you? My college tutor had to teach us Cubase stuff using PC's but he still used Logic on an ancient mac in his studio! But then again he was hopeless with Cubase

Simply saying that since Apple bought Emagic (the original makers of Logic Audio Platinum as it was known) the newer versions (6 and now 7) have become mac only. Therefore if you are looking to get your teeth into a PC recording app for a first time then I'd consider Cubase SX better in the long run. Other people swear by Cakewalk Sonar - but after being used to Cubase and having to use Sonar I pretty much hate it.

Randomdave has achieved very good results with Logic and he is comfortable with the program, so I wouldn't say that you need to take my opinion for gospel.
#54September 4th, 2005 · 10:11 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your help. This site has been so helpful... I'm getting used to Kristal, for now it will have to do.
#55September 4th, 2005 · 02:14 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
yeah - what a great way for musicians to share ideas and encourage each other!  Mud (and other admins) - YOU RULE!!
1 2 3 4
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 9:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.