1 2 3 4

#16September 1st, 2005 · 09:05 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
It'd be 2 timing-times 10 = 20

crap.  i was talking too fast and didn't think about it that extra little bit    of course, if i could go back and say it again, i'd say "2-timing plus 18", haha.

Not about the 20 girl thing, about finding someone out there just for you.

hehehehe, you make me laugh  

What is wrong with me?

this is me, not answering that: 
#17September 1st, 2005 · 09:15 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
oh you flatter me.
Hey, I'm trying to find a post I think DaveUK wrote it about a cable for the mixer to pc. I'm working on my set up. Or do you know what it is? xlr cable, art valve, what the heck?
Batteries are the bane of my existence. I've replaced them in my mouse about 5 times in the past month~it says on the battery it is good until 2010~ha! get it.
#18September 1st, 2005 · 09:47 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I found it but wasn't what I was looking for. I need a two-prong cable from mixer to pc.
what is the name?

can I use a three prong from the tv- ha!
#19September 1st, 2005 · 09:49 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
im an optomist and proud of it!  my glass is most definately half full.  in fact, one of the best one-liners ive ever heard went like this:

PERSON 1:  So, is your glass half empty or half full
PERSON 2:  (in sullen, depressed voice) My glass is broken.

LOLOLOL!!!
#20September 1st, 2005 · 09:53 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
that would be me.
do you know the name of the cable? I've read Entheon's posts and don't see the name.
#21September 1st, 2005 · 10:01 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
i know nothing about recording or computers.  the fact that i have songs that sound half decent is in fact a miracle!
#22September 1st, 2005 · 10:07 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I loved your songs, and downloaded them. How did you record? magic
#23September 1st, 2005 · 10:58 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
well, the phrase "two-prong" isn't very descriptive... any other info about what this cable does?

is it, like.. a splitter-sort of thing, where it's got one piece for L audio and another one for R?
#24September 1st, 2005 · 11:14 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Well there two audio outputs to my mixer. Ones a tape out with a white and red audio output, like the kind that go in the tv but without the yellow, don't know the name of this kind of cable.

and there's the main out with a left and right out. It looks like I could plug an instrument(guitar) cable into it. So maybe I need a line-in jack converter ma bob.
#25September 1st, 2005 · 11:29 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
yeah, i'd pay a visit to somewhere like radioshack and find the wonder cable.. i found one and it's great.

it's a little box like.. err.. okay, well, i'm going to try to "draw" a picture

--(====   /====o
         ||||
        /   
---(====      ====O

yeah.. that's crappy.  anyway, the two parts on the left are male plugs, the top one is a 3/8 inch and the one on the bottom is a quarter-inch.  on the right are female plugs, the top is a 3/8inch again and the bottom is a quarterinch.  anyway, the lines in the middle is a little box that all four cable pieces go into.

so basically, it's a box with 4 cables coming out.  this way, you can plug it into anything and it works like a little wonder-converter.

it's not very big.  maybe 8 inches if you were to stretch it out.

anyway, one of those is great for plugging into your line-in port on your computer, because you can use it to plug just about anything into the line-in port.

anyway, because of this whole thing though, you'll only get mono sound instead of stereo.

so if you wanna try getting the stereo, you can try getting a long cable with one end the size of your line-in port (3/8 inch) and the other end is split into your white and red plugs.
#26September 1st, 2005 · 11:33 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
so is what you want a "twin phono to stereo quarter inch jack cable"?  like this ...

http://www.donberg.ie/pics/c/cable413.jpg (i just did a google image search).

these are available from most music shops and hifi/audio stores.

in regards to what i use, my "studio" (if you can call it that!) is as follows

laptop running windows XP and emagic's logic
lexicon omega (USB audio interface with a selection of audio inputs, phantom power and midi)
mxl condensor microphone (not sure of the exact model but its a large diaphram vocal mic tha costs around £80 in the UK)
and last but not least, a few guitars (all of which i record through the inbuilt pickup rather than the mic, simple because i find it impossible to play guitar without tapping my feet vigerously and absent mindedly humming/singing)

thanks hugely for the encouragement.  my confidence has gone up dramatically since joining bandamp, and ive been told that it shows in my live performances.  you guys all rule!!
#27September 1st, 2005 · 11:42 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Thanks RD for searching, I looked all over google and even the website for the mixer, but it was down, I couldn't find a bit.
I think I go with your last sugg TLS bc I want stereo. Do you still think it will work being it's the tape out not main audio out, though, I'll just have to try it.

I'm going to check out emagic because that's the only thing left to get, beside this cable, and I've been looking around at diff software

Thanks
#28September 1st, 2005 · 11:50 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
this is more like what i was talking about.. except i can't find quite the one i meant to show you..

it's like this, except that one of those ends isn't split and just a standard 3/8inch plug that fits into your line-in port

this one is called a "stereo patch cable" but i'm not sure what to call the one i'm looking for.
#29September 1st, 2005 · 11:54 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
#30September 1st, 2005 · 11:56 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
oh well - it was worth a go! 

logic is great ... but expensive.  i got it cheap through a mate's college which was lucky cos i couldnt otherwise have afforded it.  brilliant program tho.

also look out a pluggin called amplitube - a brilliant guitar/bass amp simulator.  i used that for all my bass parts and for all the electric guitar parts in "my turn".

im still confused by what cable you want.  has it got two plugs on each end?  or two plugs on one end and only one on the other?
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.