1 2 3 4

#31October 28th, 2009 · 09:39 PM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
Kun show me where an Ill take it back....
#32October 29th, 2009 · 02:05 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I was checking Fantasy's profile and noticed that actually if her posts are not in the Pit section they are in the Lyrics Review section.
I agree with Ultravoz that you gotta give to receive. She's a lyricist who ask musicians to participate in her section. Shouldn't we, as musicians, also have the right (or demand) a lyricist to participate in our section as well?
We just make it work like either each member to his area, or all members to all the areas. I don't know if you get what I mean.
I think you are being overprotective to Fantasy because she's a girl and an old member of the community and giving a bad treatment to the new kid on the block, who maybe made his way into our family in a quite tough way.
I'm not playing Devil's advocate here but I'm trying to see this situation in the most neutral possible way.
I don't know either of the involved people; I know Fantasy is quite old here and I've seen her around but never had direct contact with here, and about Ultravoz I know nothing, just that he is colombian as I put the cursor over his flag 5 seconds ago because I had forgotten where it belonged.
So you all guys cut the crap cause this doesn't help at all. I actually felt quite disappointed about some people.
Cheers.

> Iszil
#33October 29th, 2009 · 03:59 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
LET'S TALK
Well It's great we are all talking.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make our site more productive, fun, educational ETC
After all we are the ones that make it happen.

MAKE IT HAPPEN TODAY

Love you all 
#34October 29th, 2009 · 05:45 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Hey hey! the Amp is still alive and kicking!(if a bit low sometime)

I like the starting on the wrong foot thing I did it my self and I think my first few post were having an argument with good old members (kings among others) the thing is to stick to it

This is a great community who's dying slowly lets face it so advice to oldies " go easy on the new guy at least he's got opinions and bother to spend some time on the site to express them

I'll be honest I don't spend much time on the lyrics review these days I did in the past but found very difficult to do good review
And to be very honest I found difficult to do reviews on some of the music too (to my ears some is crap but I try never to say it)but I try to do my share cause I want to get some back on my own songs (it help to grow my little ego grow bigger!!!)

That's not the point I think the problem is that reviews of any kind are down anywhere!

It's always funny to read about "I've been here longer than you" etc...why not mine is bigger than yours while we're at it!

As for the clicky thing of course it's clicky! it's a small community and the way I see it it's one big click of active members they are not that many now days

so stick to it post some more be argumental as much as you want that's the all point of a community we can't all think the same
More importantly please do post some music or lyrics for that matter as we are all eager to hear what you do!
Expect some stick but who knows you might charm us and win us all

Good luck and well done it's been a while since the Amp hasn't had a threat so alive
#35October 29th, 2009 · 02:15 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Ultravoz wrote…
Kun show me where an Ill take it back....

Nevermind. lets all just agree to be friends. thanks iszil and denis and vincentl
#36October 29th, 2009 · 06:00 PM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
I'm cool with friendship,wasn't trying to be a jerk as many might think.Just been honest.
#37October 29th, 2009 · 07:43 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Oye colombia wuz up? Bienvendo man(lol),great start and warm reception I see...Anyway don't to get caught up with this amigo,lyrics or audio is all good just review either or both.Welcome to the amp..
#38October 30th, 2009 · 07:40 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ultravoz wrote…
I'm cool with friendship,wasn't trying to be a jerk as many might think.Just been honest.

That's cool, hey you did good, this thread is cooking, even though it's a bit too spicy in places.
Honesty is the best policy
#39January 1st, 2010 · 02:49 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
He's Gone! I'm Back!
Well, I skipped most of the third page.

I see it is an old thread but read it as it has to do with lyrics...so happens to be what I do lol.

I see he has all his posts in a single thread....that is good. -Means he is likely gone.

There is such thing as spam guard...too bad there is no moron guard.

Anyways, lyrics forum has a few lyricists that do it solely. Others use it for posting lyrics to already posted audio. Both are good uses of the forums. We all know who is who. We all know who is interested in what. Yes, it would be nice to get a more active lyricist community here. At the same time, if the audio buffs find it a chore to visit that forums to comment, cus it simply is not their thing...then why push them to?

Yes...any lyric I post I really want to be critiqued brutally and honestly...some I have posted are horrid...while others became popular. It takes criticism AND positive reinforcement to get more of those lyrics that inspire the audio buffs into musical action.

For those who think words don't count in a song...wow. When you see someone in an audience at a concert...do you hear them humming in concert with the instruments or do you see them singing all out with the musician? They sing...people are meant to sing. They sing words. They rather sing inspiring words. It takes inspiration to write inspiring words...just as it does for great guitar solos.

Some people live and breathe music. They feel it in their bones....but there can be only so many Santana's out there...and even he relies on good lyricists and vocalists.

So, yes. Lyrics Forum needs a bit of a boot in the butt. Lyricists need to work with each other. They also need to work with musicians more. Collaborate and make great songs...that is what this site is for. It isn't for fighting over what is more valid an art. Where you lack passion, look for it in another. Soon the great BandAmp tree will bear the fruits of your combined passion and your soul will be better for it.

ps. Sorry for my absence...I missed you all. Had some things going on.

Hit me up if you have something that begs for some words. I think I have one I need to work on soon for big D.
happy new years all.
-Mark
#40January 1st, 2010 · 11:54 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I found it surprising how some of you ganged up on Ultravoz, like a bunch of immature kids, just because he shared his personal opinion. I understand she may be a friend of yours, but that doesn't mean he has to be bullied or called a moron, 'dustyskates'. Which is most likely why he's gone.
As far as lyrics reviews go, their nice, but I don't see people being that interested in just reviewing lyrics. But, that's just my opinion, hopefully I won't be attacked for it.
#41January 1st, 2010 · 01:42 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
its to bad that songs & lyrics don't get this many reviews....
#42January 1st, 2010 · 04:17 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
fais54 wrote…
I found it surprising how some of you ganged up on Ultravoz, like a bunch of immature kids, just because he shared his personal opinion. I understand she may be a friend of yours, but that doesn't mean he has to be bullied or called a moron, 'dustyskates'. Which is most likely why he's gone.
As far as lyrics reviews go, their nice, but I don't see people being that interested in just reviewing lyrics. But, that's just my opinion, hopefully I won't be attacked for it.

oh we're an emotional bunch here at the amp...im sure there will be attacks on everyone in time lol
#43January 1st, 2010 · 05:24 PM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
@fais
Whether there is interest or not in lyrics forums or not is not the point of everyone 'ganging up' on whatshisface. The point was that he came in here and started berating a person for making THEIR opinion. What right did he have to bitch and moan about anyone's opinion...He didn't even make an attempt to comment on any other thread...probably not even an attempt to listen or read anything except to find more info to criticize Fantasy about. What right did this total noober have to come in here and act like the big aficionado on posting etiquette when he has not made a single post himself? These are the reasons...along with constantly talking about how no one can debate in here...are the reasons I have labelled him a moron.

Also, why he is 'most likely gone' is because he realized just how much of a noober he is and put us out of his misery. 

So to sum up...Yes. Your opinion is valid fais. Lyrics are not the dominant feature of this website, but it is a part nonetheless. Some of us really enjoy it, while others try and avoid it. Just how it goes. My recommendation is that people take a look sometimes if they are stuck for an idea...just remember to give credit where it is due if a lyric is used in part or whole.

That being said...it changes nothing of what I posted earlier.
I will try and get caught up on the posts tonight and review some tunes and lyrics...can't wait!

Cheers
Mark

ps Hi Ralph!
#44January 1st, 2010 · 07:14 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
This is my opinion, whether it is valued or not.

Yes, the lyrics section does need love, and needed attention brought to it. But, we are ALL, and I mean ALL at fault here. We say we want more posts in it, but we do not do it ourselves.
And, no one, and that includes every one, whether they are a new member or an old member, has the right to belittle another person. They are merely human and will act as such. Yet, this does not gives us the right to insult another.

So, with this said, why don't we stop dwelling on the past, get off our asses, and review some lyrics,eh? 

And everyone, put a smile on your damn faces. :]
#45January 1st, 2010 · 07:32 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
MeowMachine wrote…
... So, with this said, why don't we stop dwelling on the past, get off our asses, and review some lyrics,eh? 

And everyone, put a smile on your damn faces. :]

--XFactor--
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 2:07 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.