inhale........

exhale.......

much better!
#17October 28th, 2009 · 01:42 AM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
Have no fear big daddy sas is here!!
Look man.. I'm with kun and dennis on this one!!!! I'm not sure where you get off comming around and disrespecting one of the most hard working and respected (not to mention talented) members. On the amp!!!!

And as far as you saying you can spin circles around quote "any musician here" hahaha first off you have done nothing to prove that fact.... If you are so great please oh please great one enlighten us of your magnificence!!!!

Don't complain about everyone hassling you, your the one who started it.. Comming in here acting a fool trying to flame the loverly ms.white!! You little prick!! And you saying that shit about this forum being more controversy than teamwork... We work like any other family, we have our quarls at times but we also have each others backs... You mess with one you get the wrath of all of us!

On a lighter note! The sas is back baby!! I've had some family bullsh•T go down and football getting in the way but I'm rearing to get started back to contributing to the amp!!!

(I had alittle more vuglar argument but in the intrest of cencorship and maybe not completely comming off as a dick I deleted some... I've said my piece and I'm done..... Unless more is needed!)

And to you ms.white, I got you love

Fight for peace,
The SAS!
#18October 28th, 2009 · 02:04 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
thanks there SAS that needed to be said!!!
#19October 28th, 2009 · 06:25 AM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
Wow Sas Im impressed,funny how you resort to insults..Feel beter now?Hope so..None of you have been able to rebuke my point in an way that you don't include insults or some sort of downgrading comment.I'm starting to think that most of you are just kids and by the look except for Denis you all are less than 20 and can't engage in civil debate without insult...I think the best comment so far is from Meow ..
#20October 28th, 2009 · 09:37 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I think....
... the best comment of this thread is the first one...

... the Lyrics Review section needs more love/attention. pls care about that forum

... about Ultravoz: this site is not an insulting site. It contains a really great community to share musical ideas.

... to close this thread now

Good luck to you allz

TK
#21October 28th, 2009 · 03:02 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
OK, most of you will hate me for what I'm about to say, but anyway! This is what I think.
The Lyrics forum is that dead because of the simple reason that you can have music without lyrics but you can't make a tune with just words.
This a MUSIC website, not a poetry one. If you use lyrics to express what you feel then you are not a musician, you are a poet.
Lyrics in a song just intensify what the music is expressing. If it's the other way around, then it's not music, at least for me.
Don't ask for support in a topic that's not directly related to what this website is for. I've never cared too much about lyrics. I just feel it's a way of giving a nice touch to your music. But don't misinterpret me; Sometimes I really enjoy good lyrics, but that won't make a song for me.
I've written lyrics many times. I like a few of them, love just one or two, and the rest is OK. I think I've reviewed the Lyrics forum no more than 5 times and I probably won't review it more than that in the future.
OK, now you can throw me stones.
Good luck.

> Iszil
#22October 28th, 2009 · 04:17 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Agreed, Miss Whites first post and it's intention were beautiful.
Bit like Miss White 
She steps into the pit and makes a thread...a short, nice, to the point thread......come on guys give the lyrics review some love and attention......and it is understood...Miss White writes lyrics...she's not a headbanger like the rest...!
You on the other hand step into the Pit, for the first time, with a reply, going off on one completely with some ludicrous accusations and personal opinions of Fantasy....and when you are confronted by the community about your actions you proclaim you will just keep on standing there spluttering ludicrous accusations and personal opinions at the very communities members.

Cool.....there's always one isn't there?

You're not Tarus are you? ........ Naa you have balls and at least Tarus can write one English languages properly.

You know, my first post was telling JimK, who is one of the two Mods, that his singing was shit!
Was that starting on the right foot? I dont know! lol
His singing is shit, but at least he tries, and it is wonderful when he's around.....I just wanted him to try singing better !!     

.....controversy and conflict.....hmm! Talking about your self openly isn't such a bad thing if you can hear your self that is.

Anyway Ultravoz welcome to the pages of the Amp......put your dick back in your trousers....because that's not what this community is about.
#23October 28th, 2009 · 04:36 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
LOVE
I'm all for peace & love.
I'm simply a hopless lyric critique, and just not a lyracits.
Perhaps as well as posting the lyrics you can add some comments about it or mention what you are not happy with so that we can work on it constructively.

Well this thread has certainly got us talking...lol so maybe we'll see some more activity in the lyric section??.

I LOve You All!!!

Long live BandAMP
#24October 28th, 2009 · 04:44 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
DTF wrote…
I'll step aside from this little talk and try and approach the subject supposedly addressed in this thread. Personally I'm a big fan of the lyrics reviews and when I'm bored often head there and try play around with posts and build a song out of them but it's a lot harder to post comments on those threads without being critical (and often insensitive). If you want my honest opinion (and if you don't you may as well stop reading here), a lot of the lyrics posted here are too personal (and not the least bit subtle) for honest, sensitive criticism. If you want more reviews, write something that lends itself to being reviewed. If I can be assured that I won't offend you personally by attacking your work I'll be more likely to say something which, while likely critical, might actually be useful. Either that or state openly that you want to be torn apart by your critics, and stress it with passionate lyricism (or preferably complete lucidity).

I understand I wasn't directly asked for my opinion but I like the lyrics review and want to see it thrive too. Well there you have it anyways.

It would be great if you do review them. If you think that it may be personal or whatever, why not PM the member initially, to see if they are happy posting it?
#25October 28th, 2009 · 05:11 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
KINGS: Thank you Im a headbanger just havent let the amp see that yet Hopefully before to long though!

DENIS: I completely agree!

I can understand that some members prefure to here the actual songs rather than just read lyrics. I get that! It would be awesome to be able to show you how the music goes, to record it. But I dont have the musical capability (YET) I'm still learning just like everyone. Man I WOULD LOVE for you all to here the music! If i was capable of producing it... but Im working on it. However, I have been trying to write an outline right along side my lyrics so that the reader can somewhat understand what the music in my head is doing, to kinda show the flow of the words. Some lyrics do seem like poetry, I read lyrics posted on here that sound like somebody just typed an english paper, but instead of just complaining about them sounding like poetry I would love to see people help in showing lyricists how to put them into a song form, into some sort of structure. We are here to learn and share knowledge after all!
 I think that lyrics are an important part of music. Think about your favorite song for a minute. Take away the words, then what do you have?? You dont have the same song thats for sure.

I really appriciate everyone's views (well maybe not everyones *ahem* lol) I would like to see the lyric review get some more activity! I would love to see audio get more activity! In fact I would love for all of bandamp to just go crazy with itself lol!

Thank you all again!

Love to all *~*~

Miss White
#26October 28th, 2009 · 05:17 PM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
Again...She's asking for love in a general fashion for her frequented thread area then my opinion is that she should give some back to the other areas she's expecting participation from.Regardless of my time in this place I have every right to express my opinion you agree or not.There's no rule here that says than I can't be opinionated before 100 post or 100 days or which ever is greater right?If so please show it to me.
I haven't been disrespectful to anyone yet you guys have even called me a prick.
What surprises me is the time many have invested here in two days trying to give me a hard time yet haven't posted one thing in the lyrics section.
#27October 28th, 2009 · 05:36 PM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
seriously..............
okay now you are just getting on my nerves.

[quote=Ultravoz]Again...She's asking for love in a general fashion for her frequented thread area [quote]

yes that is my "frequented thread area" so what??? I want audio to get better reviews! I want all of bandamp to get more reviews!

With all due respect sir:
I am sorry that we dont have a thread area specified as "asshole review" for you to post in.
I'm sure that you will be the first to know when we get that one up and running!

Until then I think I speak for a lot of people, when I say in the most respectful manner, "Please take a hike"

As for everyone else, I dont know about you but I am through wasting my time on this clown, who is making a mockery out of our forum. This is a music site after all, lets get back to what we do best! Shall we?

Thank you all again!
-Sarah White
#28October 28th, 2009 · 05:40 PM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
Thank you you've made my point...

One more thing try and review a few audio tracks seems to need love too...
Dont slam the door behind you on the way out!
#29October 28th, 2009 · 06:19 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Let's agree to disagree.

Or disagree to agree.
#30October 28th, 2009 · 07:11 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Ultravoz wrote…
Again...She's asking for love in a general fashion for her frequented thread area then my opinion is that she should give some back to the other areas she's expecting participation from.Regardless of my time in this place I have every right to express my opinion you agree or not.There's no rule here that says than I can't be opinionated before 100 post or 100 days or which ever is greater right?If so please show it to me.
I haven't been disrespectful to anyone yet you guys have even called me a prick.
What surprises me is the time many have invested here in two days trying to give me a hard time yet haven't posted one thing in the lyrics section.

You've been disrespectful to us in almost every single one of your posts, yet in each you keep saying that your not being disrespectful. I agree with Fantasy's point:
Fantasy wrote…
Until then I think I speak for a lot of people, when I say in the most respectful manner, "Please take a hike"
1 2 3 4

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:24 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.